Arbor Hills Nature Preserve Mountain Bike Trail

Arbor Hills Nature Preserve Mountain Bike Trail is a 2.5 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Plano, Texas that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.5 miles Elevation Gain: 127 feet Route Type: Loop

paved

Entrance is on West Parker Road west of the Dallas North Tollway.

Love this trail but BEWARE....the chiggers are ferocious in the high grasses.

I think the trail is maybe closer to 3 miles. It's fairly easy, but being a prior Marine, I make everyone hike with 50+ lbs in their pack to get more of a workout of it. it also has numerous trails that you can combine to make the fun last longer.

disappointed with this place. the trails are not maintained at all. over growth everywhere.

I recommend it! My daughter and I enjoyed it very much. People there are very frinendly. We will defiantly go back again.

The Open Field Trail in particular was covered in wildflowers and butterflies.

It was Mother’s Day so it was very crowded. It rained 2 days before so everything was really muddy but we enjoyed it anyway.

very nice trail with lots of people

Lovely

Nice scenery. There’s construction on the trail. Have to go to open field trail to get up to the outer loop where it isn’t blocked off. Also lots of bugs flying around on the path. A swatter will help.

I have always walked the paved trails here but today I ventured out to the unpaved trails. It was an awesome surprise to see how pretty it was. I did not feel like I was anywhere near the city. Will definitely be doing this again!

Great hiking location for a little urban hiking. Main trails are well maintained. However, when the weather is nice expect it to be VERY crowded and parking nonexistent.

Went during spring break, so pretty crowded, but was still able to find parking in the main lot. I walked some concrete trails and some established off trails, which were a bit muddy due to recent rains. Found some nice quiet and shady spots to sit and rest despite the crowds. Two big rocks by the pond provide a nice place to sit and read and observe the turtles sunbathing. There was only one lonely duck on the water that day. Some good birding on the off trails if you walk quietly. Saw bluejays and robins. Overall a nice place to enjoy some nature in the suburbs.

Overcrowded and hard to park so we parked in the overflow lot on Arbor Vista Dr. There were decent bathrooms but unfortunately no toilet paper to be found. Nice paved wide trails... so the crowds were tolerable. The unpaved trails were very muddy so we didn't attempt any. The bike trails were closed. All in all a nice easy Sunday evening walk but next time I'd go earlier to beat the crowds.

overcrowded but nice walk. Seems more like easy instead of moderate. Beautiful scenery.

My boyfriend and I have been running these trails for about a year-and-a-half. They offer excellent incline and decline options but I would definitely recommend upgraded trail running shoes for some of the soft trails rated as medium. The topography can't be beat and the streams are amazing. Our dog can't get enough of it! Concrete trails are heavily trafficked but the soft trails are much less so. It is a must-try!

Beautiful trail over all. Great concrete walking trails with some scenic views. The dirt trails can be confusing as there are quite a few small ones that intersect, especially toward the beginning of the trail. The trail that goes around the parameter of the reserve has some erosion and can be difficult to navigate. I would not consider this a moderate trail, but easy. Parking is great and the short mountain bike trail is fun with some slightly technical areas.

This is our second time walking the trails. Our last visit all the natural surface trailed closed due to heavy rains. This time only the bike trails were closed We walked about 2 miles on the paved surfaces. The trail map says there are 3 miles of paved trails. If you back track and make sure you hit up each side walk to the parking lots you will get that three miles. But its more like 2.5 miles of actual hiking trails. We walked another 2 miles on the natural surface trails. These were a lot of fun. But I would only take these trails when they are dry. Any moisture on the trail and they get slippery. I slipped and tripped over tree roots several times. We chose to visit the preserve on a holiday. It was busy. To much traffic on the paved surfaces to have a quiet walk. If you want a quiet walk, try the natural surface trails. Most of them are marked and few that are not marked. These trails can give you a couple of hours of getting back to nature. I would consider the paved trails an easy walk or ride and the natural surface trails to be easy to slightly harder. This is a great place to get back to nature in a sea of concrete as one reviewer said and I have to agree. I highly recommend this trail. We will be back to explore the natural surface trails and ride the mountain bike trails soon.

cool

A private oasis amongst a sea of concrete!

very good

Indian creek was so refreshing and enjoyable after the trek . Good concrete trails and natural trails available to explore .

It’s really good course to enjoy trail. I love this.

I like that it's large and almost untouched by man. It has tons of trees, cliffs, streams and winding trails. I actually got a lost out there for 4 hours with my husband, so make sure you take a trail map. Many of the trails in the deep woods are unmarked. So fun!

Went there yesterday, Sunday evening, with my grandson. Rode his bike around the trail. Can absolutely recommend for women alone. Busy trail, lots of people around and women walking/running alone. Great lane etiquette. I'll definitely be back.

One of the best trails in the area.

Clean, lots of trails and shade in Texas!

Wonderful mountain biking trail for any skill level in my opinion. Whether you are early in your mountain biking journey looking to increase your technical skills and bike control, or a veteran that wants to session technical sections over and over until you get it perfect, this trails has it. I enjoyed the ability to ride it for the first time while pushing each corner. Definitely keeps you out of the saddle and exercising the skills to look up and see what’s coming around the bend. Loved the constant twist and turns. Definitely will be adding this into the regular rotation of rides in North DFW

Sunday, July 15, 2018

Wonderful paved walking path with numerous off road trails crisscrossing the area. Biking on the paved path or on the dedicated off road biking trail only. Very popular destination.