Your session expired, please sign in again to continue.

Woodland Trail Three Mile Loop is a 3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Millington, Tennessee that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

First hike on this trail and it was pretty great! Started out on the more challenging half (to the left). Good elevation change. There is a portion of the trail shortly after the halfway mark, where a bridge was washed out. Not a major deal, but did have to find a better spot to cross and jump across the stream

Good elevation gain and losses. Trail has had some work done and new benches are along two most strenuous sections. Trail can be 1, 3 or 4 miles depending on where you turn. Signs have been upgraded recently. Expect downed trees, out bridge and erosion. This trail gets heavy use on weekends.

First trail and I loved it! Will go back soon!

Beautiful forest, well-marked trail. Very peaceful, and the hills were enough to get my blood pumping.

its cool that the shed is at the end... and having the 1mile and 2 mile mark set up if you dont want to do the whole thing is nice... really marked trail

I walked this trail today with my 3 dogs and they had a blast. Very peaceful and wouldn’t expect it to be as full of nature as it is.

Had a great hike yesterday with the family. Did the full trail which ended up right at 4 miles. Trail has great markings and is well maintained.

First half (clockwise) is very hilly, second half is relatively flat. For the best workout do the first half then turn around and come back the same way. Doubling back creates the most challenging trail I've been able to find within a 30 mile drive.

Saturday, November 04, 2017

Beautiful woodland hike. Hilly in areas. Trail well marked.

Monday, October 23, 2017

Monday, October 23, 2017

Good for dogs as long as it isn't summer time (bugs are bad). If you start on the left, you get the hardest part out of the way first. Coming out takes 1/2 the time as packing in. It is hilly in some spots but easy to do with a few breaks.

Sunday, August 27, 2017

woodland trails moderate +, great workout and pretty. trails well markd

Sunday, August 13, 2017

This is my favorite trail near Memphis. it is a very dense beautiful forest and filled with wildlife. It's much Hillier than you would expect. The bugs can get pretty bad sometimes so make sure you prepare!

Friday, April 14, 2017

Much more hilly than I thought it would be, which was great!

Sunday, March 26, 2017

Well maintained and marked. Fun with dogs.

Sunday, January 29, 2017

Great trails! Best in Memphis!

Monday, January 02, 2017

I have been out here several times to run for big races. Today we took several kids ages from 4-14 and all did great. The new signage and blaze marks made it a fun hike with climbs.

Monday, December 26, 2016

Great

Sunday, October 16, 2016

Great hike. Several levels (1 mi, 3 mi, and 4 mi) of loops. Good for beginner - moderate hikers.

Monday, September 05, 2016

Beautiful forest views. Some steep hills which my 48 year old knees acutely felt. Red Trail was well marked. Took me close to 2 hours as I stepped carefully on the inclines and declines. Wear bug spray. bring water and snack for replenishing after the walk.

Sunday, June 19, 2016

Decent and enjoyable mostly in the fall and winter. Spring is nice too if you catch it early. Otherwise the mosquitos are the size of your hand and will carry you off.

Friday, February 19, 2016

Enjoyed this hike. We followed the red signs and it has plenty of short but somewhat steep hills.

Friday, October 16, 2015

This is a really nice, well marked trail. For West TN it's very hilly, and a little challenging. It was quiet and clean and I felt far away from the city.

Sunday, July 19, 2015

This is a nice trail. We have camped at this park many times to take advantage of semi urban location. The tail has many elevation changes and a is well maintained.

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Had a blast walking The Woodland Trail, ran across two snakes and me and my boyfriend had the awesome opportunity to have 2+ horsefly's follow us the entire hike, which made us keep a steady pace or else they would land on us and bite us. We came back the very next day and rode on the bike path as well as explored the abandoned pool/lodges (ohhh ahhh) and the lake.

Monday, May 25, 2015

Memorial Day hike. It had rained the day before, so there were downed limbs/trees. Tons of mosquitos. Very glad I brought the bug spray - you'll need to reapply half way through. The south part of the trail is the hilliest. It will test you. I'm glad I put it at the beginning of my hike. There is only one sharp incline at the tail end if you take the south part first. Oh, the welcome station has topo maps, but the trail is really well marked. Can't miss it.

Sunday, March 15, 2015

The Woodland Trail (red trail) is a terrific 3+ mile loop. The northern leg is much flatter than the southern leg. You can get a very scenic interval workout on the southern leg of the trail. Great for kids and adults.

Saturday, March 07, 2015

My girlfriend and I did the woodland trail both directions with backpacks on while we train for the PCT. There are a couple good hills and definitely worth the trip. It rained throughout the day which made the hills a little slippery. All-in-all a pretty good hike and pretty close to Memphis

Monday, November 03, 2014

I must say this was more than I bargained for. The scenery was absolutely beautiful. The trails were challenging and I had to rest, but I was so excited to see my car.

Wednesday, March 06, 2013

This close to Memphis trail offers lots of fun ups and down climbs on the 3 mile loop Woodland trail, also opportunity to extend mileage where pioneer spring trail meets at woodland shelter, pioneer spring trail has nice flesh water spring to refill water bottle or camelback. In summer, lots of skeeters, bring bug spray.