Window Cliffs

Window Cliffs is a 4.8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Window Cliff Estates, Tennessee that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

off road driving

Fun hike. The payoff definitely worth it.

I went here based on the hard rating. Middle of July, 90 plus temp, day after it rained in our area. Small gravel walk up to get to the trail. Zigzag down ridge. Kinda treacherous, but doable, taken slowly.

Then it's just a long, easy walk crossing 9 creek crossings. Bring a change of shoe, or bring some hybrid that can handle water and hiking. I brought sandals and switched to them at CC1. I never found a need to switch back to hikers until I got back to CC1 on the return. Definitely want something other than a sandal for the ascent at the end.

The ascent to the Window Cliffs is a decent incline, but I would rate this more of a moderate, unless it had been storming recently, or had steady rains the previous days.

My scoring of this trail may be colored by my disappointment at the lack of difficulty. I had done the Fiery Gizzard loop 2 days prior and was looking for a similar, though shorter, challenge. So, if you aren't looking to test your abilities on the hardest trails you can find, this may be the trail for you. Personally, my next goal is Mount LeConte, or completing the Gizzard full trail.

nice trail,fun walk. Needs overnight camping, and no dog rule enforced.

Def. be prepared
Strenuous hike,pack plenty of drinking water

Nothing says they close at 7pm.

view wasn't necessarily worth the hike

Was a great hike. Be ready for the water crossings as there is 8 total. But there are ropes and if you take your time they aren't bad at all. The Cliffs are great. I am not the biggest fan of rock climbing and cliff bluffs but I did enjoy the top of these. Not too tough of a climb back either. Pay attention to the path as I did come up on a couple snakes crossing the trail. Path is very well marked, several places to stop and splash around and the gorge is just spectacular.

Great trail, my kids loved it!