Warner Woods Trail

Warner Woods Trail is a 3.1 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Nashville, Tennessee that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Great hike through the woods. beware of the tree roots, they can get ya. Plenty of elevation changes to keep it interesting.

Beautiful hilly trails. Note: path can get pretty muddy.

Love hiking through the woods on unpaved paths. Wait until you see this place in spring & fall.

The stairs in the beginning are a killer but it's nice that your vitals level off once you jog it out on the flat right up top.
The nice thing is that you can enter the trail from Deep Well and skip the stairs and have a shortcut available if you ever don't feel up for the full one.

Beautiful hike! Seen lots of wildlife such as deer, barn owl, squirrels & lots of birds. That was on one hike.

nature center is amazing expecially for children and the young at heart. it is also pet friendly

Great Place to hike!!! The nature was amazing and it was a beautiful place to hike through the woods!!! I have been all over the world and this is up there with the most enjoyable scenery!!

Very nice hike, beautiful wooded paved trail, somewhat confusion to navigate because of all the other intersecting trails, maybe we will study it a little more next time we go.

Sunday, April 02, 2017

Really nice trail with enough elevation gain to get in a good workout... very thankful for Radner

Saturday, March 18, 2017

Steep in places but a nice trail

Friday, February 24, 2017

excellent.. very elaborate. have a map with you.. so you can easily make it back to where you parked.

Monday, November 28, 2016

Cool trail! I always get to take pictures of deer

Sunday, November 27, 2016

I had an awesome hike today. Very pretty rose gold pink leaves all over, nice fall color. It has a lot of moderate inclines through out, soft ground of mostly dirt, and the occasional tree root. Nothing too difficult if you are okay walking 2.5miles otherwise. Great for all ages two or four feet. Descent amount of people scattered throughout despite being wooded. Solo hiker can appreciate this. CHECK GPS tho find this one. This entrance is off Hwy 100 East. Near Deep Well trailhead.

Sunday, October 16, 2016

This is a nice, easy hike within Warner Parks. The trail is well-maintained and easy to follow. Unfortunately, it's the least exciting trail within Warner out of the big 3. It's extremely busy, running into other hikers very often. If you're going for a quick easy hike to change the pace up a bit, it is a great option.

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

not for mountain bike

Tuesday, September 06, 2016

Good quick run, lots of people but still fun

Thursday, June 30, 2016

Very relaxing and fun to walk

Monday, May 30, 2016

Great little loop, traffic count is a little high. Beautiful for an afternoon hike.

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

I went with my sister and my 2 boys (11 and 7) and we really enjoyed it! I would highly recommend it for the whole family, beautiful!

Sunday, December 06, 2015

Good trail. Hilly, but not too bad. Great for a quick day trip. Crowded on the weekends.

Friday, October 23, 2015

It's a lot steeper then you think. I did see lots of dogs, most on leashes, but not all. This is my go to spot when I don't feel like looking for a new place or just need to get away for a little bit

Saturday, September 26, 2015

This trail was a great short hike! Not nearly as steep as the Mossy Ridge, but still moderately strenuous. Seems to me that the trail is maintained fine. There are a lot of roots crossing the path. Trail bonus: we saw a bunch of wild turkeys on the way out!

Sunday, September 06, 2015

Fantastic!

Thursday, July 09, 2015

Perfect urban area woodsy hike! Super convenient, yet easy to immerse yourself into the woods.

Monday, July 06, 2015

Tied this loop onto the end of a Mossy Ridge hike. This trail is not as well maintained as Mossy Ridge. But it offers similar terrain and views. Ran into (pun intended) more runners on this trail than Mossy Ridge.

Just like Mossy Ridge, a great escape in the middle of Nashville. This trail is great when you don't have time to do the Mossy 4.5 miles, or want a little extra mileage.

Monday, April 27, 2015

Great canopy of trees on this dirt-packed trail. Moderately strenuous but very manageable.

Sunday, February 08, 2015

Big park with lots of trails. There are some really muddy parts which are no fun.

Saturday, January 24, 2015

love it!

Monday, October 27, 2014

The trail itself is great. I thought there were as many switchbacks and semi steep grades as anywhere within 30 minutes of the city. Very narrow at times, making me feel like I'm on the eastern end of the state, or maybe Appalachia.
However, I could hear cars and trains in the distance, and the trail was quite busy. Lots of runners on the trail who need YOU to get out of the way, cuz they're not stopping. The trail is fairly short, so I can see why it's ideal for running.
Yes I saw dogs, all on leashes. An unleashed dog who acts out will likely learn hard by way some angsty runner, sure thing. Unleashed humans too...
First time here- maybe I'll try the longer one here next time.

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

This was an awesome trail, much more hilly than reviews would lead you to believe and not a whole lot of switch-backs, mostly straight up the hills. It was great for getting your heart rate up!

Sadly, despite signage throughout the park and at all the trailheads, there were several people hiking with their dogs off-leash, and one lady with an extendable leash (park rules are a 6', non-extendable leash). I had my stepchildren and my dogs (on proper leashes) with me and each off-leash & the one on the extendable leash ran after my dogs, growling and barking and trying to force my big dog into submission, all while their owners were several hundred yards down the trail.

While I love the trail, and I love hiking with my dogs and kids, I don't think I will feel comfortable on this trail, since there is zero enforcement of dog safety on this one.