Walker Sisters Home via Little Brier Gap Trail

Walker Sisters Home via Little Brier Gap Trail is a 3.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Gatlinburg, Tennessee that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

My review is from the perspective of an amateur landscape photographer.

The trail is typical Eastern US woodlands. Nothing special to set it apart from the other dozens of woodland trails in the Smokies. No epic scenic views. The only thing that sets this trail apart are the school and sister's cabins. If you like photographing log cabins and such is is the trail for you. I

if you are looking for scenic views, waterfalls, etc. pick another trail.

Having said that, I'll probably return in the fall to photograph the cabin with the fall foliage.

Pretty cool cabin. Easy, kid friendly trail.

A nice, wide easy trail. Lots of streams, wildflowers, butterflies and the cabins were nice too.

Definitely worth the hike up and down the hills, the school/graveyard is worth the hike alone. A mile past the school is the property with the cabin home. A very cool piece of history in the smokies.

Great 2 mike round trip from parking lot of the little greenbrier school. Very enjoyable.

A nice hike! The schoolhouse, the cemetery, and the house are all very nice! We got a bit lost at first. If you park at the picnic area you will need to walk across the bridge to access the trail. It’s a fun hike.

Great family hike

Nice easy trail. Kinda steep hill at start but worth it.

Great acclamation hike with lots of variety- along the stream to start, wide foliage path to the Walker House, and we tagged on some trail above the Walker House to get in the trees. The sites (school, cemetery, and house) are great stopping points. There is a porta-potty at the school.

Loved this hike more than I thought I would! We accessed the trail from the large parking area, but had to ask someone how to get to the trailhead. Our youngest hiker was 4 and oldest was 70. Both were able to manage. The hike up is definitely and incline. We read up on the Walker sisters before the hike, and it made experiencing the history so much cooler. The schoolhouse and sisters’ house were so much fun to see and experience. Definitely recommend this hike!

Took my 3 kids on a little day trip and we all loved this hike. We parked at the Greenbriar school and hiked the 2 mile round trip to the cabin. It was perfect for my four year old.. Such a great way to talk to them about history and how people Used to live!

We took this hike on 8/8/17 it USA 1 mile hike but it seems to have a steep incline. We took our 2 grand daughters ages 9 and 5 they enjoyed the hike and the history.

Get there early before parking and the trails fill. Definitely worth the effort.

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

nice!

Monday, April 10, 2017

We loved it!!

Thursday, March 30, 2017

There is s great book about the Walker Sisters which you can purchase at any of the park book shops. A great read before the hike. It adds so much to an already fun hike!

Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Great quiet trail

Sunday, January 22, 2017

Beautiful scenery. Difficulty was manageable for a novice. Trail length is more than specified!

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Loved this trail! It is mainly gravel with a slight incline but it was peaceful with lots of pretty scenery. I was surprised how good the school and cabin still looked.

Saturday, November 12, 2016

Nice trail, but not well enough marked.

Sunday, September 04, 2016

Awesome family trail. Remember to take chalk if stopping by The Little Greenbrier School House so kids can leave a message on the chalkboard!

Sunday, June 26, 2016

Started at small parking lot at the beginning of the gravel road. Fun hike. Pretty area. The hike is all on an old road mostly gravel. Steady uphill hike to the cabin.

Thursday, June 16, 2016

Loves it! The old structures are great and a beautiful easy hike.

Monday, April 11, 2016

Neat place, well kept wide trail was easy for our 6 and 3 yr old girls to walk. Homeplace and cabin were in great shape.

Monday, February 01, 2016

We hiked this trail on a beautifully sunny day. It is mostly a graveled path with moderate incline. Once we made it to the walker sister's place we took time to have a picnic under a giant majestic oak tree. The trail didn't have breath taking panoramic views but I thought the quiet walk in the Forrest held a beauty of its own. I would definitely hike this trail again!

Friday, November 27, 2015

Easy trail with lots of history. took my grand daughter and she enjoyed very much. Started at Metcalf Bottoms, which takes you across a couple of foot bridges and another optional, but since water was low, we just waded through. Beautiful laurel tunnel. Little Greenbriar school house with adjacent cemetery, be sure and check the tombstones as it will make you appreciate the hardships the people endured. The Walker Sister's place is a pleasant place to pause for a while and reflect on life.

Saturday, October 31, 2015

This is one of my favorite hikes in the GSMNP, I love the history of the Walker Sisters.

Thursday, October 29, 2015

Starting from the Little Greenbrier Schoolhouse, it is a little over 2 miles back and forth on a easy wide trail. The four stars are for the object of the hike, the Walker Sister's Homestead that includes a cabin, corn crib, and springhouse. They are in very good condition along with the land at the homestead. Well worth the trip.

Sunday, July 19, 2015

Easy hike for people to do. Steady up hill climb but not real steep.