Viking Mountain Road: Allen Gap to Little Bald Mountain

Viking Mountain Road: Allen Gap to Little Bald Mountain is a 15.8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Greeneville, Tennessee that offers scenic views and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for mountain biking and scenic driving and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

scenic driving

Beautiful view!

Wednesday, January 06, 2016

awesome

Monday, December 21, 2015

This trail gave me a taste of the 4 prior AT sections I've hiked this fall. I enjoyed it enough to hike it again. We started out with 1"+ of snow; wind was powerful at times; the grade was mixed - all parts were enjoyable, even the rock climb! Scenic views were FABULOUS! Snow, ice, slush, mush, wet, damp and partially dry were part of today's hike from Viking Mtn to Devil's Fork Gap.

Monday, March 09, 2015

We hiked from Viking mountain to the top of Horse Creek. This is a five hour hike, plus an hour if you park at the bottom of Horse Creek trail. The trail has nice views especially in the Fall. Most of the trail is moderate with a few inclines.

off road driving
Monday, September 16, 2013

It was a nice drive with some off-roading mixed in. The view from the top (4500 ft elevation, according to my GPS) was nice. I would definitely like to go back when there's some snow!

scenic driving
Saturday, August 24, 2013

The drive to Viking Mountain is very beautiful... there are several places to pull off and enjoy the scenery. The road is paved half way up then a rather decent gravel to the top. There are small waterfalls that burst from the rocks on your drive up that are flowing in the summer, and form a beautiful ice sculpture in the winter. My family and I goto Viking Mtn often. The trails are fairly easy, my most recent hike was to the Blackstack Cliffs which are not featured on this site. But they are gorgeous and the view is fantastic!! The area is dog friendly however the blackstack cliff is a lil tricky towards the end, there is a small rock bluff that you must climb down. Awesome trip any season.