Twins Falls and Downstream Trail

Twins Falls and Downstream Trail is a 1.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Rock Island, Tennessee that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.6 miles Elevation Gain: 223 feet Route Type: Loop

cave

An 883-acre State Park with great views and a unique location on the confluence of the Collins and Caney Fork rivers. The park grounds include a lush forest, a sandy beach, and an imposing limestone gorge. Lots of waterfalls and overlooks throughout! Pretty easy out and back trail with plenty of views. Be careful with kids or people not used to balancing. The trail can get narrow in spots. Rock hopping on the river can be very fun but gets pretty dangerous. There is more to this trail and other trails not shown on the map link included. Warning! Always use caution in the gorge. Water may rise rapidly. Monitor your surroundings. Leave the gorge immediately if water begins to rise or you hear warning sirens. Watch for slick rocks & swift currents. Do NOT jump into water of unknown depths. Swimming or wading is not allowed in all areas from TVAs powerhouse downstream all the way down to the main beach boat ramp including by the powerhouse, Twin Falls and Blue Hole due to hidden and deadly currents.

Very cool trail. Falls are more pronounced after a rain including ones going through the rock wall. Do not miss the cave that goes under the falls on the non river side.

Super easy trail. I’m a frequent visitor as the scenery is so easy with such an amazing view.

This trail is by far my favorite. If you like to put a hammock up or a chair sitting near the fall, there is plenty of open space to do so. If you walk to the endings, it comes to a beautiful rock cliff over the water. In between is a nice rock that might look like a cave but it is beautiful inside. Follow the hidden stairs in the woods. Enjoy!

Amazing view of Great Falls, however not much scenery past the first 0.2 miles. Nice relaxing walk down the stream but if you’re just in search of Falls views don’t bother completing the loop.

The Falls were breathtaking!

Instant fave. We came for a date day and will be bringing the kiddos back next time. Well maintained. Well marked. Stunning views the whole way. Peaceful sounds of the falls and water as you stroll. Some stairs and a few climbs.

Had an amazing time hiking with my parents and 14 year old son and fiend. Trail is moderate but very doable . My parents are 70 and had no problems.

Hiked on 10/7 and these waterfalls were definitely the best and biggest of the entire trip around this area. You get to see the falls immediately after parking and hike down close to it if you want. We didn’t have enough light to do more of the trail past the falls, but we got our waterfall fix that we came for!

This was the perfect introduction to the area. Experiencing the falls at the beginning of the trail made for an exciting beginning for us and our photo-taking jr. high kids. The recent rain likely added to the waterfalls’ impact. It was less slick than I thought it would be, and the places that had puddles had plenty of rocks to help us across. We totally loved this trail!

This trail was amazing. I have never seen so many waterfalls in one place. Wish you could get better views along the trail to take pictures but i was truly in awe at the beauty of all the falls. So thankful we found this amazing place!

Gorgeous views while other falls are dry this one doesn't disappoint. The falls are located just off the parking lot. Google Twin Falls for GPS not the island.

We just explored the rocks and waterfalls! It was awesome! We didn’t get into the trail so much!

Great waterfalls!

I have been here at least 15 times and I LOVE IT! Great swimming places all around. The entire park is 800 acres so there is PLENTY of things to see. I believe there is about 10 waterfalls and the Twin Falls location is the best. Some trails were not suitable for my dog. But 90% percent was perfect. It’s also very historical!

Nice scenery, lots of lookouts over the water, little wooden staircase to a small open cave. There is a nice little cove spot in the back corner of the loop. Over all pretty nice little hike. Be very watchful with smaller children.

The trail starts with the waterfall view. Entire trail is shady and breezy.

Go north of the trail/falls for the swimming area! That’s the best part of this hike. You can swim and people sometimes jump off the cliffs.

No matter how crowded this park gets, it’s more than worth it to visit.

Beautiful waterfalls from the get go that practically continue through the whole trail. Easy to moderate, well shaded! Great for kids but there was a short period where the trail was almost a ledge that we carried our 3 year old and a little rocky but the 7 year old did fine.

W/Lindsay

Great trail, lots to see. Tree down so couldn’t go the entire trail.

I would recommend this trail for families with kids. Trail was well shaded with lush plants. There was a small trail/steps off to the right at beginning of trail that has a small cave with spring running through it.

Very easy hike with some amazing views of the waterfalls! I only wish I would have allowed myself a little more time.

Absolutely beautiful waterfalls. Easy hike, great place to grab a rock with a view and eat lunch.

Beautiful! A short, and fairly easy hike with a few rugged spots. Before even starting out you will hear and see glimpses of the falls through the canopy from the parking lot. To add a bit more after seeing the falls, take the upstream trail to one of two swimming holes. Also a short easy hike. So much fun!

Absolutely beautiful falls!! Seen some people trout fishing!! Short, easy hike!

This was a short easy hike with amazing views of the river and waterfalls.

Gorgeous falls