Twin Creeks Trail

Twin Creeks Trail is a 4.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Gatlinburg, Tennessee that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

There is a small pull-off at the Twin Creeks trail head. It may be a better idea to leave your car Mynatt Park just before the entrance to Cherokee Orchard Road. As this is a point-to-point hike, make sure you have made arrangements to get back to your car from Old Sugarlands Trail.

Gradual incline hike. We skipped the loop. On the way back down we saw a baby bear and mama bear near the trail head.

just a good morning hike...enjoyable!!

Did this hike last night, except for the Ogle loop as it was getting dark. It was a nice easy hike that had a pretty gradual climb from the trail head near the entrance to the motor nature trail. I parked at Mynatt Park and it was a quick walk to the trail head. The trail was easy to follow. I would recommend bug spray as the mosquitoes were worse here than i have experienced in other parts of the park. I did see a female Black bear with her cub around the research facility. This would be a very good hike for children as the trail is not too changeling and there are distractions such as the stream, fire damage, and wildlife to keep them engaged. Plan on bringing my kids out for this one, plus its just under 4 miles from the trail head to the loop.

This review is only for the Twin Creeks trail and does not include the Noah "Bud" Ogle loop. My big takeaway from the trail itself was that there was alot of fire damage everywhere and was evident from the start. We started at the Gatlinburg end near the Mynatt Park and we turned around where the Twin Creeks meets up with the Noah "Bud" Ogle trail so we didn't go around the loop on this partiular day. The other issue was that there were so many gnats and bugs it made the overall experience less than ideal. My wife couldn't finish fast enough in order to get away from all of the bugs so we rushed through the trail as fast as possible. The gnats and bugs were very bad. We did see some recent bear activity but never ran across any bears. If there were any out there, they hid in and blended with the chared and black wood from the November forest fire. From the Twin Creeks trail head, its a very slow and mild uphill climb for some beginners looking for some exercise. My son didn't even realize he was constantly going up hill.

Pretty burnt up and the regrowth is beautiful to see. I ended up following a black bear for a bit before making a lot of noise to purposely get it off the trail. The creek and birds singing just made me lose all negative thoughts for the entire day. Highly recommended if you're trying to get back in shape or just want to escape for a short while. The trail is thin and not handicap friendly.

saw a bear and got scared

Great trail but significant fire damage. A lot of charred downed trees. Still recommend the hike.

Sunday, November 06, 2016