Turtletown Falls Trail

Turtletown Falls Trail is a 3.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Farner, Tennessee that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great falls!

great trail with 2 nice but not high falls. could use better signs, but we manage to figure out where the loop went afyer reaching far falls, to return after hiking the wide and easy outbound path. but found the more traditional narrow trail splitting from main path on the right after hiking back up, away from the falls.

Great length hike for me with a great waterfall.

Turtle town is a great day hike spot. We loved the falls, the trail was easy to follow and a good place to take people just getting into hiking.

We went yesterday. Unfortunately, there was no cell service and I failed to go to the end of the road where the trail started. Instead, pulled off and took an old logging road which eventually brought us to the trail but only added a mile or so to our hike. As we hiked, I noticed a burnt log and a second later, thought it was a bear cub until it turned and saw it was a very huge wild boar! Fortunately, he ran down the mountain and not at us!

When we got to the loop, we opted to make our way out, but the river and falls were stunning and we will do the full loop soon.

Did the full loop, saving the falls for last. The twin falls were breathtaking! With the various rapids and smaller falls, I lost count of how many falls were on the trail.

This is a great place!

1.14.18 - Farner Road was closed due to bridge construction. Found an easy reroute and made it perfectly. The FSR was in great shape going to the trailhead, a few small bumps, but it's a dirt/gravel road, no problems at all. Creek crossing was easy, no problems there. I was driving a two-wheel drive truck (toyota tacoma). The trailhead parking area does have a large spot in the middle that with a bit of rain, could become a massive mud hole. Fortunately on the day I went the ground was frozen and it wasn't an issue. Keep in mind for warmer wetter days. When I got to the fork in the trail, I went right, I wanted to do the loop and have lunch at the falls on my way. Worked out perfect. I'm not real sure why other reviews say it's hard to navigate. If you look for and follow the blazes you'll find it perfectly. Not that confusing at all. I found the two grave sites at the top. Just keep following the trail (you will not have blazes along this route). You'll get there (you can also see the way I went in my recorded map). I included pictures with all this info in "photos"
The falls were majestic! Absolutely stunning. There is a great little camping spot located near the lower falls. Had a nice hot lunch at the upper falls on a beautiful sunny freezing day. Lots of coyote poop along the way. PLEASE follow the 1234 Farner Road address in your GPS, it will take you right in front of FSR 1166, literally across the street from this address. One other thing, most reviews say the house at 1234 Farner Road is white, it's actually a very light blue grey color, so don't let that confuse you. I rate this trail a 5 because my trip was amazing. Only hiccup the whole day was the bridge being out, like I said, easily rerouted. You can not go wrong with this trail.
Enjoy! Happy Hiking!!!

Made it back today,hiked the whole loop and saw both falls! One of my favorite places to hike! It is definitely worth the drive!

At 20 degrees it was a Frozen Wonderland,I would be happy to hike this trail anytime of the year!!

Surprising gem tucked away in the Tennessee mountains. This hike is not difficult however you are rewarded with a large beautiful waterfall roughly 30 minutes into the hike. I’ll come back to complete the full circuit!

Love this trail! So much fun to stop and put your feet in the water half way through at the gorgeous water fall...

Beautiful!
Don’t get discouraged by the gravel road drive, and do hike all the way. The falls are gorgeous!

Great hike. All the uphill bits were pretty short and even out for a bit before the next uphill. We did the loop and saw both Falls. We stayed to the right at the fork, so did the loop counterclockwise. Was a little tricky finding the right way to go after the first falls, as you have to backtrack a short ways and then cut off to the right, but we figured it out. Shaded, and trail goes along the creek a good part of the hike. It was really lovely. The road was out about a mile before the turn off getting there so we had to turn around, ho back out to 68 and turn on Mountain Vista Road and work our way in from there. Don’t turn on Newman, as other reviewers have said.

My daughter and I hiked this trail a few days ago. We loved it! Fairly easy hike. We but a short video together of the hike. The end is really good!

Beautiful falls at the end of the trail, which is not a bad hike. pictures don't do it justice! shallow pool for wading/swimming. before Newman Road, look for signs to Turtle Town Falls, and turn on the gravel path. highly recommend.

I really loved this trail.
Shout out to the crews who take care of the blown down tree on the trail. Thank you for all you do so the we can enjoy the trails.

The waterfalls on this trail were truly gorgeous. I echo everyone's reviews on it being hard to find and encourage you to screen shot some of the more logistics-minded reviews to help you get where you want to be. There was a storm not long ago so the trail was a little rough with some fallen trees, but nothing we couldn't manage. Like some others, we couldn't locate the loop connecting trail, but it was still a perfect, secluded hike.

Well worth the drive! We met 1 group of people on this hike. Got in our cardio on this well marked trail. The falls was just stunning! The directions on this took us to someone's house. There is only 1 sign for this and if you turn left on Newnan you have gone too far! Be looking for the brown sign on Farner.

Great easy trail to some beautiful double falls. Not very deep but a blast to romp around in with the dogs.

This is a great hike. We went on Sunday afternoon and only came across a handful of others hiking.
Be prepared to stop along the way to admire the views and play in the waterfalls. We took to the right at the first split- thank you for that advice. Returning from the lower falls at the split (left) for the loop there is a huge pine tree down right on the trail. Took us a bit of back and forth before we just cut across the woods to find the trail. The blaze is not well marked at this split.
We will definitely do this one again.
Be warned gps says to turn on Newman Rd then turn again on Newman B- that is not correct. Go pass Newman about 100 yards down you will see the brown sign to turn onto the forestry service road.

Beautiful falls. We went on a Saturday and saw 7 other people on the trail. It was worth the drive from the Knoxville area.