Turtletown Falls Trail

Turtletown Falls Trail is a 3.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Farner, Tennessee that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Beautiful falls. We went on a Saturday and saw 7 other people on the trail. It was worth the drive from the Knoxville area.

Great trail! Trail is pretty narrow, not ideal for poorly trained dogs. Trailhead is a bit difficult to find, keep your eyes peeled for signs.

Make sure to turn right if you do the loop... the sign makes it seem like you can go left or right ... go right !!!! After the trail you have done with the falls ... that's the loop trail .... if you keep going straight they is a grave if u see this grave turn around !!!! I kept going and it took nowhere !!!

When driving in, there is a creek crossing. There are several concrete blocks in the water with spaces in between them. You drive over this. We were in a jeep and it was a bit wobbly to me. We did have a car in our group though and they seemed to make it with difficulty. The parking area was a dirt culdesac. When we were there, the middle was a giant puddle of water. We did have enough room for our group of 5 cars + the other 2 that were already parked there in a circle.

The trail was beautiful. Lots of wildflowers. We took the left trail to walk beside the water. Both upper and lower falls were wonderful.

Would def do again. Falls are awesome. We did somehow get off trail and had to make a trail to get back on. Moderate rating for some uphill walking. Otherwise not difficult at all.

Great hike! Perfect distance for a moderate hike. The water was high while we were hiking so several spots we had jump over water. Waterfall was beautiful. When trail forks we went left and so glad we did.

I really enjoyed this easy trail! The waterfall was bigger than I'd expected. Nice surprise!!

great intermediate hike. taking the right fork so you come back along the river is the way to go.

Great short hike. Not too hard. Waterfalls are beautiful and fun to climb around on.

this is a great trail, and Beautiful, Waterfalls. the first set are double falls.
i took the second, left fork in the trail. it leads to the second set of falls. them came back up the creek, to the first set of falls. it was a great hike! gps said 4.2 miles total. I think it is better to go to the second set of falls first. that way you avoid the hard uphill grade coming back out.

We had a 10yr old and a 7yr old. We loved it. Just hard enough. Beautiful waterfalls and views.

Loved this trail and the waterfalls. It's a tad confusing to get to using google maps, but I was able to navigate there using someone's review here.

Little hard to get to but worth it. Very little signage so just park at end of road and start hiking down no access road. Trail narrows and you end up at beautiful tall waterfalls.

this is one if my favorite trails, but Google maps directions are off. I took the trail along the river (left) once I reached the fork and it was narrow but very nice. About 3/4 of the way in you will come to the first fall which was nice but the trail at the end was better and well worth going to. On the return hike I followed the left trail and it was quite strenuous as it climbed elevation for a mile or so.