Turtletown Falls Trail

Turtletown Falls Trail is a 3.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Farner, Tennessee that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great short hike. Not too hard. Waterfalls are beautiful and fun to climb around on.

this is a great trail, and Beautiful, Waterfalls. the first set are double falls.
i took the second, left fork in the trail. it leads to the second set of falls. them came back up the creek, to the first set of falls. it was a great hike! gps said 4.2 miles total. I think it is better to go to the second set of falls first. that way you avoid the hard uphill grade coming back out.

We had a 10yr old and a 7yr old. We loved it. Just hard enough. Beautiful waterfalls and views.

Loved this trail and the waterfalls. It's a tad confusing to get to using google maps, but I was able to navigate there using someone's review here.

Little hard to get to but worth it. Very little signage so just park at end of road and start hiking down no access road. Trail narrows and you end up at beautiful tall waterfalls.

this is one if my favorite trails, but Google maps directions are off. I took the trail along the river (left) once I reached the fork and it was narrow but very nice. About 3/4 of the way in you will come to the first fall which was nice but the trail at the end was better and well worth going to. On the return hike I followed the left trail and it was quite strenuous as it climbed elevation for a mile or so.

Very nice day, 11/17/16. Sue and I hiked with our dogs, moderate to difficult somewhat. Narrow in places with some steps. The left loop takes you to first falls, continue on to the larger falls. Approximately 4.5 miles if you do the entire loop. To access the trail you have to cross a creek with a concrete bottom, not for all vehicles, then a dirt road about a mile and a half to start hiking from that point.

Enjoyed this gorgeous trail at the end of October. Colors were so pretty. Much of the walk is along the water which made it even better. Mostly shaded with trees. It's definitely off the beaten path but well worth the drive. We went on a weekday & there was a family there already which we ran into as they were leaving & we were heading in. Other than that, not a soul around. I live in FL so don't hike much but I do work out a lot and this trail definitely got my heart pumping at times. My sister & I kept laughing since we could hear our heart beat in our ears on several inclines (this was in areas where we were farther away from the sound of the rushing water and just the beautiful silence of nature was all around). We saw both of the amazing waterfalls. Somehow we missed the "loop" when we came back so ended up on the same trail we came in on. I'm sure we didn't miss much since it's all breath-taking! In all it took a little over 2 hours. We were whooped! My sister doesn't exercise at all and made it through without much complaining! Thank goodness I had a Garmin GPS to get us to the trail since the phone reception was basically nonexistent in that area. Other reviewers mention putting in the address of the white house located right across from the road that leads to the trail head & that worked great! And for any parents out there with little ones.....this trail is definitely not fit for any type of strollers, not even the sporty ones used for jogging with the kiddo. There's lots of ups & downs as well as a tree we had to climb over plus somewhat narrow steep steps to get to & from the falls. Watch your footing and wear some decent tennis or hiking shoes. Steer clear of flip flops & sandals for sure! ;-) All in all I loved this hike!!

Wonderful! Not too long, perfect for a half day hike. Everyone in N. Ga has been talking about the drought, but the creek and falls had plenty of water.

This was a great trail - one of the best in the area for us with our two dogs. We took the left trail at the fork and would recommend that route. At about 1.5 miles you'll be at the first waterfall. We then continued along the trail slightly more than a mile until we reached the second waterfall. This is not an easy trail; the moderate rating is correct. The description says 3.6 miles but our apps showed a distance closer to 4.5 miles. We plan to return again!

The trail was pretty confusing, but we figured it out. The far falls was fun to swim in.