Triple Falls Trail on Bruce Creek

Triple Falls Trail on Bruce Creek is a 2.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Caryville, Tennessee that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Enjoy abundant cascades early in the hike. We hiked in February after several days of rain, so the water was dramatic. The bare winter trees allow views of crags well above the stream. Some mud. Some trail water. But our feet stayed dry. The last falls come bursting through a towering (man-made but who cares) slot. After the falls you cross on a charming footbridge and switch your way up to the impressive, rocky summit ridge. This clear day gave us views of the Smokies on the east horizon and I-75 to the west below. Some trash, yes. Some graffiti, yes. Ignore it and enjoy this scenic, compact hike.

A very scenic trail and not that hard to get to.

Easy to mistake road to the trailhead as a driveway. Once you get past the falls and cross the bridge, the trail became much more difficult due to mud. Would recommend trekking poles if muddy. Definitely worth the trip to the top.

I was on the way back from a job site last July and wanted to catch a good uphill hike. it was too late and too hot to do the longer 5+ mile route. The Rangers at the Cumberland Trail office suggested catching this trail up to the top. There is a pull off about halfway up Shelton Hollow Ln to park. Although the amount of trash suggests the locals like to party at the locale, the Rangers assured me that they had not had issues. The trail follows a nice creek the first bit and there is an abundance of trash (cans, wrappers, clothing :), etc..) but once you get past a couple of fire rings and the climb begins the trash diminishes rapidly. there are several really cool swimming holes/waterfalls along the way. The creek follows a unique vertical rock cut made for the adjacent interstate. Several locals were swimming on this day. The trail climbs steadily, eventually crosses the creek and then begins to switch back up to the top. It is a nice view of the surrounding area.

tough hike in just a couple of miles. nice view from the top.

Quick payoff, 1/8 of a mile in is the falls which are really cool almost like man made slot canyons. Then the hike gets steep and rocky but not hard to hike. Nice boulder half way up that has some fun low grade problems if you wearing approach shoes. It ends on the peak which is all rock and has 360 views.

Beautiful....esp during the fall season

easy beautiful hike

We did this with a couple of 8 year olds. Pretty good short hike. About 1 mile to the top with views north to Jacksboro and Cove Lake to the south. Last half on the way up is a little steep. Great water falls

The incline makes it a hard hike. The waterfalls were beautiful, even though it had not rained in two weeks. The hike to the top had breathtaking views. Truly was worth the hike.

This hike was a lot of fun! The falls were beautiful, and the hike up was actually really challenging for me, but really really fun. The bridge was cool , and a little farther up there is an awesome slanted rock crossing thing.....it was great. I haven't hiked since 2000, and this hike has me hooked! I give it five stars and two thumbs up! Cant wait till I hike more of the C.T.!

Great views from the top. Breath taking panoramic views of the mountains. Beautiful water fall. Easy hike to the falls but a little more difficult to the top, but so worth the hike.

I hiked this with my 4 and 6 year olds. We went all the way to the top. My kids are used to hiking. It is a hard hike, 1 mile up a mountain. Not easy for young kids. There is loose footing and slippery rocks at times. The trail is narrow in some sections as another reviewer said. We would do it again. The waterfalls then view from the top were beautiful.

Beautiful waterfalls, however would really nice if the hikers would abide by the pack it in/pack it out logo-- way to much trash around. Also a follower hiked got his vehicle broken into and a tire flattened. Just take caution if you park right at the trail head.

My favorite hike to date. Hard is correct but worth EVERY step. The waterfalls are beautiful and the view from the top is AWSOME. Loved it!!

Beautiful, but once you're away from the falls you can hear cars on the interstate.

beautiful hike, with great views of multiple waterfalls. My wife and I went with our 5 and 6 year old children, we all had fun. Not too strenuous of a hike if you're going all the way to the top. Took us 1 hr to reach the top. Couple of short, steep sections but all in all not bad.
The only draw back to this hike, which is the reason I gave it 4 out of 5 stars, is that it is so close to the intersate. However, you as long as you're adjacent to the waterfalls you don't hear it. If you want a quick, beautiful hike and aren't looking for serenity then this is a great hike

Very nice hike

It was a great hike. I found the trails marked well. It was uphill the last little bit, but not too bad of a climb. The view at the end is well worth it. The waterfalls at the beginning are great. The beginning of this trail is the end of Devil's Racetrack. I loved it.

Nice hike, though hard to do with young children. I took my 4 and 6 year old. The trail is steep and narrow at times. We went as far as the wooden bridge. The Falls are pretty and the kids loved them.