Tri-State Peak Trail

Tri-State Peak Trail is a 2.2 mile out and back trail located near Cumberland Gap, Tennessee and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I wouldn’t call this trail easy, it’s quiet the workout. It’s very steep in parts. But it’s a good short hike if you’re doing it for some intense exercise.

We walked this trail yesterday in intermittent rain. We are in late 60's, not very active. We thought that it was moderately difficult, due to continuous ascent, steep in places, and fairly rocky. We did have water and good shoes. The trek was worth it when we reached the the markers though.

We hiked with my 8 year old and he loved it and could handle the trail easily. It’s mostly thru the woods and you are at a steady climb all the way up. I would say it’s between easy and moderate. The history of the Cumberland Gap and being able to be in 3 states at once is the highlight. Views not so much.

This is a great trail for anyone who appreciates history. You get to walk through the Cumberland Gap and stand in three states at once at the top. Also, an old iron furnace and nice waterfall just past the trailhead. I would rate moderate, not easy.

Good clean trails.

The best is at the top. It is an incline make sure you wear appropriate shoes and bring water. May be steep for young children. Saw one daily with a wagon, probably not a good idea.

Quick, fairly easy trail that I enjoy doing.

It was a fun quick hike, but I went right after a heavy rain so the lower portions of the trail were still ultra soggy

Not a hike, but a continuous climb "less than 8% grade" according to one of the info signs.
Boring except for the view at the top.

Nice, short hike with views at the end.

Great trail for hiking it’s easy there’s a couple steep places. Great for kids, grand parents hiked it with our whole family.

Great little hike. good views with some major historical significance.

Fun hike. The kids love the idea of standing in and seeing three states at once.

This trail is connected via Wilderness Road Trail. The elevation climbs quickly, but easy enough. The view is spectacular.

easy well maintained trail. great views!

Good little hike. Safe for children but the incline is significant. Great views at the top, otherwise fully wooded. A couple of cool little sites to see on the way. Moderately trafficked.

Saturday, June 10, 2017

Nice hike; involves some climbing but nothing too hard. I would rank the difficulty moderate rather than easy. Passes several interesting historical sites including (obviously) Cumberland Gap but also Fort Foote, the site of a Civil War-era fort. The view from the gazebo atop Tri-State Peak is not that impressive: the clearest sight lines are to the northwest where a power line sits directly in front of you.

Sunday, April 16, 2017

trial is up hill most of the way. was nice to stand in all three states at once.

Wednesday, April 05, 2017

Was a nice hike for a good mid-day work out. We ventured further to Tenn. trail to a see some Civil War earthworks. This extra trail was a bit more challenging.

Thursday, December 01, 2016

Nice hike to the place TN, KY and VA intersect

Sunday, October 30, 2016

Nice hike to an unusual place.

Thursday, October 20, 2016

Great hike if you are looking for a quick one. There is a small climb for the last little bit (~0.2-0.3 miles) but still would say one of the easier ones in the park.

Friday, September 02, 2016

Me and my dog hiked this trail starting at the Iron Furnace in Cumberland Gap, TN. Pretty easy trail. Gets a little steep toward the end, but it pays off with a nice view of Middlesboro, KY. There's a guestbook to sign and a little pavilion commemorating where KY, TN, and VA all meet. Would recommend!

Friday, September 02, 2016

great trail, amazing view

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Good trail, scenic.

Thursday, July 21, 2016

My family and I LOVED this! The hike wasn't hard and with the shade tress and berries along the way we hardly noticed the heat. A little dip in the falls made it fun.

Friday, July 01, 2016

Have hiked this trail several times. Beautiful view at the top where you can stand in TN, VA, and KY at one time. Well maintained trail. Saw a deer the last time I was there.

Saturday, June 25, 2016

love the view

Saturday, June 25, 2016

love the view at the top