Ten Mile Creek Greenway is a 3.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Knoxville, Tennessee. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and road biking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

wheelchair friendly

stroller friendly

paved

Ten Mile Creek Greenway runs parallel to Ten Mile Creek, hence the name. The Greenway passes by Walker Spring Park which offers a 0.3 mile connector trail to the Greenway. On the map, this connector trail is shown as loop both on the trip out and the trip back. Starting near Gallaher View Road is an option, though for the most convenient parking, you may want to start at the Carmike Wynnsong Theater (the end of the trail) or at Walker Springs Park. There is only one road crossing (Bridgewater). There are tunnels under I-40, Walker Springs Road, and Gallaher View Road.

It’s decent but it has become quite sketchy lately. Definitely don’t go alone.

The concrete trail is wide and in great repair! It had been raining hard for several days before I hiked the trail and there were no wet or muddy spots and that is huge for me. So why only three stars? Users are trashing the trail. There was nothing scenic about the trail. Finally, i was with the family and after a mile we turned around because there were no benches to let the little ones rest and we were worried we’d have to carry them if we got too far in.

Wednesday, August 23, 2017

paved, flat, nice along the creek, but lots of freeway noise, even with cicadas trying to drown it out

Monday, August 14, 2017

This was a easy trail what i rode of all paved was rough i spots but was flooded about half way.

Wednesday, April 05, 2017

The trail is a nice place to walk with your dogs or family and can make for a great activity in the mornings or early evenings. My wife and I live close by and frequent this trail when we need to blow off some steam or get some of the energy out of our two dogs. There is a lot of tree cover and can make for a cooler walk during the spring and summer months. The only downside to this trail is the amount of trash that can be found along the path, and this is due in large part to the scarcity of trash bins. that being said, if you pick up after your dogs, be prepared to carry your bags for a while, or take them for a bathroom break at the entrance. Parking isn't a problem, but I would definitely research the map to see what entrance you want to start at.

Thursday, February 09, 2017