Ten Mile Creek Greenway is a 3.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Knoxville, Tennessee and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and road biking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.1 miles Elevation Gain: 124 feet Route Type: Out & Back

wheelchair friendly

stroller friendly

paved

Ten Mile Creek Greenway runs parallel to Ten Mile Creek, hence the name. The Greenway passes by Walker Spring Park which offers a 0.3 mile connector trail to the Greenway. On the map, this connector trail is shown as loop both on the trip out and the trip back. Starting near Gallaher View Road is an option, though for the most convenient parking, you may want to start at the Carmike Wynnsong Theater (the end of the trail) or at Walker Springs Park. There is only one road crossing (Bridgewater). There are tunnels under I-40, Walker Springs Road, and Gallaher View Road.

private property

flooded

Nice trail for an easy walk. Not too much scenery though. Ran into some teens smoking marijuana.

looked and felt sketchy to me. went through a few overpasses covered in graffiti, went by areas littered with trash, and lots of secluded spots and not many people around when I went. lots of places easily accessible from road areas, and I'm pretty sure some people are living or hanging out somewhere off the trail near the creek in one place. just didn't feel comfortable.

I tried everything but could not find this trail. GPS is wrong

Sun May 19 2019

Easy paved trail along 10 Mile Creek, very pretty and pleasant. Easy access from the AMC theater near Lowe’s.

Sat May 18 2019

Very easy trail, wet in a few spots. Hard to find the trailhead. Directions take you to Lowe’s, but you have to wind around back past the AMC. Mile marker 0-1 are prettier than 1-1.6.

Tue Apr 02 2019

Paved, pretty, bathrooms at trail loop.

Sun Mar 31 2019

easy trail. close to highway noise though. it seems safe. nice creek whole way through. playground near end.

Thu Jan 03 2019

I live close by and run this with my dogs regularly. Love the wide, paved trails.

Tue Oct 23 2018

It’s decent but it has become quite sketchy lately. Definitely don’t go alone.

Sun Jul 01 2018

The concrete trail is wide and in great repair! It had been raining hard for several days before I hiked the trail and there were no wet or muddy spots and that is huge for me. So why only three stars? Users are trashing the trail. There was nothing scenic about the trail. Finally, i was with the family and after a mile we turned around because there were no benches to let the little ones rest and we were worried we’d have to carry them if we got too far in.

Wed Aug 23 2017

paved, flat, nice along the creek, but lots of freeway noise, even with cicadas trying to drown it out

Mon Aug 14 2017

This was a easy trail what i rode of all paved was rough i spots but was flooded about half way.

Wed Apr 05 2017

The trail is a nice place to walk with your dogs or family and can make for a great activity in the mornings or early evenings. My wife and I live close by and frequent this trail when we need to blow off some steam or get some of the energy out of our two dogs. There is a lot of tree cover and can make for a cooler walk during the spring and summer months. The only downside to this trail is the amount of trash that can be found along the path, and this is due in large part to the scarcity of trash bins. that being said, if you pick up after your dogs, be prepared to carry your bags for a while, or take them for a bathroom break at the entrance. Parking isn't a problem, but I would definitely research the map to see what entrance you want to start at.

Thu Feb 09 2017