Sugarlands Valley Nature Trail

Sugarlands Valley Nature Trail is a 0.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Gatlinburg, Tennessee that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 0.5 miles Elevation Gain: 19 feet Route Type: Loop

wheelchair friendly

stroller friendly

partially paved

The Sugarlands Valley Nature Trail is definitely not a full-bore, knee-busting outdoor challenge. It is flat, paved and about a half-mile long. It is designed to be all access, it's the only trail in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park to be so designated. The trail has a small parking lot and is just a few hundred yards from the Sugarlands Visitor Center on U.S. 441. The Little Pigeon River provides a more soothing sound and a great place to take off your shoes and wade during the summer months.

1 hour ago

This was a great trail for a variety of ages (16 months- 63 years). The kids had fun exploring and playing in the creek. The only drawback was hearing traffic from the road some of the time but not for the entire walk.

An easy loop trail, which is relatively flat and shows prior people usage of the land which is now the Smoky Mnt NP.

This trail was great for my toddler and my father with a scooter. It is completely paved and has good views to the water without going in the water for my dad. My daughter and I had fun playing in the water and walking around in the rocks.

Fun, short trail. It was easy for my kids and a nice break for us.

Very easy trail for kids!!

Very scenic hike

Easy walking trail through the woods. Very pretty, easy access to the creek if you want to play in the water.

Nice easy walk through the woods and beautiful creek. Remnants of at least two homes. Concrete side walk. Look for the bear paw prints in the concrete near the creek.

This trail is perfect trail for someone who wants an easy walk.

Easy, paved walkway. Perfect for a short relaxing walk.

Nice short paved nature trail next to the river.

Nice short little trail. Very easy.

Great for small children and strollers

This a fantastic trail for small children, strollers, wheelchairs, and anyone that just wants to get into the woods without really hiking. It really is a walking track, so if you are looking for hiking I recommend you select from many other trails. I was disappointed that the trail does lead closer to the river. Will I hike it again: NO, but it was great to get a completed trail on AllTrails.

Great leisure walk with a great river view!

Short and easy

Stroller and wheel chair friendly. Good for small kids and those who need a paved trail. It goes close to the river and past some chimneys from an old homestead. Nice trees. Well forested. Good parking.

Good trail, short and great for kids. Decent for running and if you're looking to add miles, the Cataract Falls trail connects to Laurel Ridge and more.

Parking is off of Newfound Gap Road about a 1/2 mile from the Sugarland Visitor Center. No bathrooms, but trail is paved. Bits an pieces of previous homes. We enjoyed using the trail guide.

Family walk. Stroller friendly. Fell in the creek with my son. Made for a great story...but not in the moment. Haha

Great little trail right past the visitor’s center right before you come into Cherokee. There are plenty of areas along the trail that you can go off through the woods and get to the river. I would definitely stop off to visit this again on my way through.

Sunday, June 24, 2018

One of our easy go to favorites for quick views that the whole family enjoys.

Monday, May 28, 2018

Beautiful walk behind the Sugarlands Visitor Center. The trail is flat with some nice labels for tree and plant identification. We completed this hike in the evening after business hours near dusk so it was fairly empty. I would imagine during peak hours this trail is super congested.

Thursday, May 10, 2018

A little buggy and got caught up a bit in the midst of some students on a field trip. The paved path was an awesome option for a stroller and our multigenerational group. Nice stroll by the stream.

Saturday, March 24, 2018

Mostly paved trail with a few walkout spots, overall fun and easy.

Thursday, January 04, 2018

Great

Monday, October 09, 2017

flat, easy, enjoyable walk with a waterfall.

Friday, July 28, 2017

We stopped here just to say we did a hike every day while in the Smoky Mountains. We are glad we did as it had a lot of things to see in a small package. Very easy walk and is good for wheelchair access. The trail is now paved.

Saturday, October 29, 2016

Super quick and easy. Can take side trails down to river and spend time on the rocks. Pretty quiet. Easy for kids.