Stringers Ridge via Blue Trail

Stringers Ridge via Blue Trail is a 3.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Chattanooga, Tennessee that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Good for a quick trail run if you’re looking for a smooth surface, non technical, with some good ups and downs. No stream crossings. 4 mile loop makes for a nice run if you’re an out of town traveler, close to down town. Good trailhead with maps at various locations out on the trail.

Not my cup of tea. Seems like a great trail if you can’t drive out of the city and explore.

The terrain was verified with hills and dips and some fallen trees to cross. There are some old remains of stone cottages that are neat as well.

Fun trail. Not entirely well marker

hills are fun :)

Tree down at Hill City near marker "5".
Seems a lot of confusion about trail directions. Caught up to one walking the same direction as me, met two separate runners coming the other direction.

Never found the trail head. Directions Took me to Nikki's Restaurant.

awesome set of trails but can be very crowded with bikers later in the day

Was a nice brisk walk so close to home how could I not love it?

Take some water. Lots of ups and downs.

We did this hike with our kids (18 months, 4 and 5 yrs. we carried the 18 month old but the other two were able to enjoy the trail. We did the strut trail. Trail was nicely market, clean bathrooms and adequate parking at the trailhead. The foliage was thick so we didn't get the views we were hoping to see. Might be a good spring hike. A little bit of climb in to beginning but flattened out at the top for the loop. It was a good morning hike before the aquarium opened.

BEWARE My car was vandalized in the middle of the day. I was parked in the main parking lot. They stole my purse. I had hidden it in the back of my SUV and they busted my back window out. This was an experienced thief. Within minutes they were using my credit cards. The police told us that earlier in the day while a woman was changing her clothes in the back seat of her car (tinted windows) her window was busted. They didn't see her in the car.
A great location to hike, ride bikes, nice clean trails but don't leave anything in your car!

Went in early spring so the scenery was not good but there were interesting old house remnants to explore. Kind of strange when you realize your in people's back yard at one point. Overall easy and enjoyable hike.

Saturday, April 15, 2017

Live right behind it and walk it often. Great for beginners or those looking to just get out if the city but still be in the city. keep your eyes and ears open for others.

Sunday, March 26, 2017

It was a good hike, definitely gave me a workout! Got a little confused with the trail directions, but once we found our way it was a nice hike!

Saturday, March 18, 2017

Good trail for beginners like myself.

Saturday, February 11, 2017

Great view of the city at the overlook and saw some cool old house remnants such as stone chimney and bottom of house with window frame still intact. Wished there was some history posted on that. Peaceful property. Lots of trail options. Not too populated when we went.

Thursday, January 26, 2017

Nice trail, well marked and easy fast access

Tuesday, December 06, 2016

Had fun hiking the long loop in the rain.

Thursday, November 24, 2016

A convenient location with well maintained trails. Lots of hills - be up for the challenge!

Sunday, November 20, 2016

I enjoy the terrain and the scenery, but must remain vigilant to avoid collisions with cyclists.

Friday, October 28, 2016

Decent but is really more of a bike trail than hiking trail. Our kids enjoyed it but the path isn't as easy in some spots due to the fact that it was built for bikes. The pump track is great for bikes.

Saturday, October 22, 2016

Good trail for exercise, decent scenery, lots of variety in trees and had fun identifying them. Hard to really relax as you must stay vigilant for mountain bikers who share the trails which is, frankly, a serious injury waiting to happen as there are many sudden curves and dips. We did the blue loop which is marked 3.7 miles but all of our pedometers calculated more in the 4-4.2.

Sunday, September 25, 2016

Love the trail!

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Pretty fast trail little short, lots of steep climbs and foot traffic.

Friday, June 24, 2016

Awesome

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Fun trail near downtown. A couple of the more difficult loops were a little overgrown.

Saturday, May 14, 2016

Urban wilderness. Close enough to work/ home I can get a loop in an hour. Convenient nature... Can't beat that!

Friday, April 15, 2016

Fun! Pretty look out.

Monday, April 11, 2016

I was disappointed in this municipal trail. Very little to draw your attention, seemed to be more of a biking trail.