Stones River Greenway of Nashville Trail

moderate 206 reviews

Stones River Greenway of Nashville Trail is a 5.7 mile out and back trail located near Nashville, Tennessee that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 5.7 miles Elevation Gain: 242 feet Route Type: Out & Back

paddle sports

partially paved

well paved....miles and miles of trail. kind of smelly by the river and a bit heavy foot and bike traffic

Paved, tree-lined.

Not a bad trail, well trafficked, good scenery.

Not all the way out of town and very easy. Did not enjoy

The trail was great! I started at the trail head at Kohl’s, went to the Dam and back. I was so glad to see restrooms at the dam. LOL there was a lot of traffic but not terrible. Lots of joggers, bikers and lots of dogs (all unleashes). I had tried this one earlier in the year but it was closed due to flooding. It was nice to be able to do the whole trek.

Not “moderate” it’s “easy”. All paved. Some steep spots if using wheelchair or baby carriage.

We started at the end of the trail beside Kohl’s and walked approximately 1 mile out and back. Trail was easy walking for us and the 4 year old. Stroller was easy to push. Saw many turtles in the river, some squirrels, a large salamander and tons of birds and butterflies. Unfortunately, we also passed a few questionable people carrying open containers drinking and this made us ( two women walking with children) uncomfortable so we haven’t gone back.

Nice trail. Easy with a few small hills. There is some airplane noise but overall a very nice trail. We will definitely go back.

This trail starts at the dam and runs along the stones river. It’s scenic for being in the city. I like the greenways for what they are-a tame bit of nature that inspires suburbia to get outside. There are bathrooms and a dog park at the dam end. I’m not a fan of paved trails, but I feel like it’s nice for bikers and joggers. There are usually a lot of people (another strike for me). But it’s close to where I live, so it’s a good place to get some exercise in when I’m short on time.

Completely paved trail... whoever reviewed this with the tag for mountain biking is mistaken.... yes you can ride your mountain bike here as I have just demonstrated - if you also want to be stopping for pedestrians every few minutes and getting strange looks from people who are wondering why you brought that strange bicycle with big tires out here

Super easy paved trail. Ran into about 20 people in an hour. Busy. Not always shaded. Has 2 benches along the way.

Very nice walk and great for bikes. Lots of bridges and the best tip was to look for trail head in Koles parking lot. It's in the North East Corner.

This Greenway is an easy walk with a few moderate up/down hills. Paved throughout and well maintained. Trailheads have water access. Trail passes alongside the Stones River and along private property.

Definitely seems to cater to bicycles and runners simply by virtue of the trail construction being paved. Plenty of shade if you need it. Not overcrowded. You can hear air traffic sometimes which detracts from the serenity of the Stones river.

Most of the trail was picturesque. Enjoyed the bridges. Very little shade and the trail was not well marked. Overall a good biking trail.

Great trail for new and experienced riders.

Nice paved trail for walking, biking, or running. Some stretches are shaded. We’re from out of town, so we struggled to find the trailhead, even after plugging it into our GPS. Ironically, the trailhead began in a Kohl’s parking lot! From this trailhead, it’s about a 2.5 mile walk to the Percy Priest Dam (end of trail) where you’ll find public restrooms and a water fountain. Bike rental is also available there, but the return station is at the Two Rivers trailhead entrance - about 3 miles from the Kohl’s parking lot trailhead.

Great trail! Very well maintained and beautiful scenery! All paved and lots of shade! Took our dog and he loved the dog park at the end by the dam! Our first of many hikes!

Nice wide paved trail, good for bikes and walking.

Didn’t get to do the more trail-ish part because of flooding, but the 2 miles I did were nice!

Sat Feb 02 2019

It was a nice peaceful tail for running and biking not great views but a good hike!

Fri Jan 11 2019

We are fortunate to have such a terrific resource in our community. Excellent opportunities for walking, hiking, cycling, and kayaking access. Thanks to TSRA/TWRA, and US Army COE for their partnership with Metro Parks. Major additions coming soon within Lytle Park!

Tue Nov 06 2018

Nice well kept trail. Great views along the way. I was attacked by Chinese Beatles but otherwise enjoyable hike!

Wed Oct 24 2018

Nice views along river.

Mon Jul 30 2018

Very nice paved trail. Nice scenery, and open for walking, running, biking, and for dogs too!

Wed Jul 25 2018

Such a great trail!

Sat Jun 23 2018

Great for scooters

Tue May 29 2018

Excellent place to ride a bicycle

Fri May 25 2018

It’s a legit place to get some exercise/workout done!!