Stanky Creek Trail

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(137)
Nesbit Park

Stanky Creek Trail is a 9 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Memphis, Tennessee that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 9.0 miles Elevation Gain: 334 feet Route Type: Loop

I highly enjoyed myself looking for markers and using the map to find my way out lmfao! xoxo

The trail was short and quick for me. I like the scenery and it’s nice for hiking & riding!

this trail is used mostly by x county runners and mountain bikes. not the most picturesque, but for a park plopped in the middle of town it does give you a sense of woodsyness.(just coined that word). A great trail for mountain biking!! I go there quite often. it's mostly tight and technical except for the "white trail". the white trial has a lot of rolling hills, it's in the wood but the track isnt very narrow, and not at all technical. If you have decent cardio you can fly through that section. If you're a mountain biker, I'd say it's worth about an hour drive. If you're a day hiker then I'd probably pass unless you live in the city.

Pretty neat trail for the area. Just a nice long walk through the woods, nothing too crazy.

We were pleasantly surprised and live close.

Hiked the blue trail today. It was a well marked and enjoyable day.

Love this set of trails. Stanky creek is the new home trail for the fortitude trail race taking place sept. 2020. Love coming out here and see how great the course is marked and makes measuring the course out so much easier. Great for all skill levels.

Great for what it is: land repurposed for outdoor activities. Though it washes out pretty badly and trees tend to drop a lot, the trails are pretty technical. Great workout right in Bartlett. Mind the deer, as they seem to mind us. Very quiet for its location.

Good hike, trail has lots of signs but still got off course.

The signs are not accurate at all. If you follow a sign that says it’s pointing to the parking lot, it leads you like 2 miles out of the trail, I turned around when I realized where it was going thanks to this trail map. But if you check GPS every ten minutes or so, great hike.

I ride this trail almost every week and it is the most challenging but fun trail that I have ridden in the Memphis area. I usually see at least one deer during my rides and it’s surprisingly peaceful and quiet considering it’s surrounded by neighborhoods. I should add that new signs have been added and I found the trail easy to navigate/ link the different trails together.

Loved this trail. Moderate and kept me in a good sweat. clearly marked most of the but all trails map kept me from making a bad turn a couple of times.

I give this trail a 10 for the Memphis area. This is my first time sampling this one, and it appears the stories are true, the trail is great and I'll be back.

hiking with Michael and Captain and sadie

Thu Mar 14 2019

This is a convenient place to hike or bike if you live in the Bartlett area. I personally found the trails to be poorly marked and it was hard to tell where we were. Other than that, it was okay. Like I said, it’s convenient. If you’re looking for something to kill a few hours and you don’t want to drive far, this is a good place to do it.

Thu Oct 11 2018

Fun hiking but inconsistently marked.

Fri Sep 28 2018

Awesome trails which are very well maintained, wonderful technical trails to have at our fingertips!

Wed Aug 15 2018

The bike path was well maintained but the walking path was not.

Fri Jun 22 2018

The trails are not well marked but so convenient one really shouldn’t complain. I mean how lost can you get in Bartlett?

Tue May 29 2018

saw a deer so I'm happy

Fri Apr 13 2018

Love it will come back

Tue Feb 27 2018

Bring your trail shoes and plan to get muddy. Hard to lose yourself in the run due to such long and wet sections where you must traverse in 6 plus inches of mud/retained water. I won’t come back here until it hasn’t rained for weeks. Trails are not well marked.

Fri Dec 01 2017

best in memphis area

Mon Oct 23 2017

Wed Jul 12 2017

Kirby Burn certified.

Fri Jul 07 2017

good urban trail. Good length and we'll maintained. recommended

Sun Feb 26 2017

Not very well marked. Still trying to get out of this place lol