Stanky Creek Trail

Stanky Creek Trail is a 9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Bartlett, Tennessee that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Stanky Creek is a 6.5 mile out and back trail located near Memphis, Tennessee. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for mountain biking.

best in memphis area

geocaching

Kirby Burn certified.

good urban trail. Good length and we'll maintained. recommended

Not very well marked. Still trying to get out of this place lol

Great course to run! There is a ton of elevation change and fun climbs. You will get pretty muddy if it's rained in the last week.

Saturday, November 26, 2016

Overall good flowing trail for memphis. Up hills to test your cardio and down hills are fast. Bridge crossings and one very steep down hill will challenge you mentally. It all can be ridden with a smile. You will run into people and dogs so be cautious. Everyone is always friendly. I ride this trail with my 12 year old and he loves it.
Have fun, ride safe.
Ken

Saturday, November 19, 2016

Great trail, lots of different scenery.

Monday, August 22, 2016

Good trail with some difficult obstacles.

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Loved this single track. I usually ride Herb Parsons which is also great, but this trail has some great manmade and nature made obstacles.

Monday, August 08, 2016

great hiking

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

it was great hiking in the park. Lots of deer to see

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Good family hike- 3 mile trail with a 9 and 3 yr old in tow and zero complaints

Monday, January 25, 2016

I get down to the entrance and see a cop car and tons of parked cars, looks like I picked the same day as a rural 5k. Once I got past the hustle and bustle by the main parking lot I started on the yellow trail, what an awesome hike! I took the road less traveled which made for a better experience, the one bridge was out so I had to traverse a log, a lot more paying attention to the tree markings and finding myself in some very quiet peaceful sections. I did end up on the main path and finished a 6 mile hike on that. If you're looking for an easy to moderate hike stay on the white trail, it's not really marked since the foot path is so easy to follow. The yellow trail however rates more a moderate with its inclines, creek crossings and need to find the path at times. Either way you can't go wrong here!

Monday, June 15, 2015

For a trail that is surround by suburbia, it is a great light hike. The tail has a good canopy which helps with the hot summer days. It paths are well beaten and the roots are not too bad. Mosquito will always be an issue in this setting, but it is nothing insect repellent can't handle. The trail was well marked at the start but I stop seeing them after awhile. It is not a big deal because it is nearly impossible to get lost. At worst you would just keep making circles. With the trail being located in the middle of sub divisions, you have parts of the trail that are near major roadways and backyard areas. There is always a way out.

It should be noted that map shows three different trails that can be combined to make one big trail. You can combine for a good 8-9 mile hike if you plan it right. Make sure to take a camera. I saw dear, bug life, moss, mushrooms, tadpoles, among many other things. A good hike to keep the legs loose. A few hills but nothing to serious. Trail is also good for trail running and off road biking.

Tuesday, June 03, 2014

I'm new to the area and testing the different trails, I went to this one Saturday at noon for a run, and I really liked it, not enough elevation to my taste but challenging enough to make you work hard, sharp turns and plenty of roots! I usually do mtb and I believe can pull good 10-12 miles doing all loops. I wish I can find a map on line to understand all the crossings as it is not well marked.
Happy trials!

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Did the blue trail then ventured to the red trail at the end. Two kids and one of their friends plus me. It was our first ever hike and near our house. It was nice and calm. We stopped periodically to look at the creek runoff and flora.

Sunday, March 09, 2014

Best single track biking in Memphis area. Technical at time. Trees love to attack handlebars. Bring spare tube.

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Nice canopy, nice cool breeze and filtered sunlight. Was visiting from Atlanta looking for somewhere offroad to run, certainly exceeded my expectations. Very poorly marked, somehow ended up running the white trail backwards of what I had planned. Old wood trail map at the trailhead, but transitions are confusing. Will probably make more sense as I get out here more. Looks like I could string together anywhere from 3-12 miles once I get an idea of the layout. Ran 2 days after a full day of rain. No standing water, not really any mud. Mostly tight single track, a few sketchy bridges, and an insignificant water crossing. Only caught a whiff of the "stank" briefly at the very beginning. Overall, a nice tucked away little treasure to get lost in.

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Moderate scrambles with very little gain. An wast hike for a morning walk.

The trails are badly eroded by mountain bike use however, leading to greater rain damage.

The lowland bits will stay flooded and swampy for several days after heavy rain.. Dress accordingly.