Spruce Flats Falls Trail

Spruce Flats Falls Trail is a 1.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Townsend, Tennessee that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Beautiful !

Great hike! Good elevation and challenge in the way to falls. Great views at falls and fairly easy hike back. Highly recommend and good for kids over 5.

For such a short hike, this trail has a lot to offer. Roots, rocks and some steep inclines make this an interesting trip. As you descend the log staircase, the handrail has been polished by so many hands, it feels like glass! The falls are breathtaking. Nice place to rest, or picnic.

My husband & I did this hike last weekend. It was a little harder than we expected,but well worth it. We had the Falls to ourselves and it was beautiful!

Today the wintertime temps in East Tennessee were around 60 degrees, so we made a quick trip to the falls this morning. A little overcast but beautiful nonetheless. Normal crowds out there but very pleasant and tons of water-flow due to so much rain lately.

Great trail that offers views, beautiful formations and, of course, a fantastic waterfall. Highly recommend.

This is by far one of our favorite hikes. The trail is moderate to difficult at some points. Mainly because we had our 4yo and the path gets pretty narrow with some steep edges. Lots of rocks and roots to help the climb, but the most rewarding part is the waterfall in the end. We had a lovely time climbing the rocks and finding an even more beautiful view. Luckily there were only a few other people we passed along the way. I would recommend this trail to anyone who likes a little quiet and seclusion with their hikes!

This was a nice little trail that my boyfriend and I did. It took about 30 minutes one way. It gets rough towards the end, but then you get to the falls and it's beautiful!

Overall this was a great hike. Our two boys really loved it as well and we all felt it was pretty challenging. I would personally rate it a bit more tough than just a moderate hike as there are quite a few substantial inclines and areas where you have to be careful with proper footing. In short, it was a really fun and challenging hike!

I love this trail! Not a very long hike, but a nice incline. it's in a popular area, but for some reason folks don't know about this trail. which is exactly why it rates so high with me. I'll take a pic of the falls next time I go up and post. I told a friend about it and he proposed up there!

Beautiful falls. Moderate trail with steep elevation change. Trail is very narrow/slick in places. Would definitely say boots required.