South Chickamauga Creek Greenway to Camp Jordan Park

South Chickamauga Creek Greenway to Camp Jordan Park is a 9.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Chattanooga, Tennessee that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 9.4 miles Elevation Gain: 101 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Previous review was racist. This isn't a "hike" and wouldn't really be considered a wilderness trail by any means. It's a lovely, flat, fine- graveled walking/running path on a levee. There are benches along the way to stop and ponder or watch the birds. There are signs that tell you milage so you can keep track. I love that this quick nature moment is available in a part of town that's forgotten/overlooked. It's near the FedEx facility and off of the busy road, but once you get behind the school, it starts to feel more of a little escape. We've had fantastic bird watching from the path, along with other creatures like turtles and one time a beaver in the marshlands! We live near here, and it's a quick option to walk to dogs (please pick up after your dogs!), and we've always met friendly people on the path-- either older folks out staying active, families taking a stroll or teaching a young one to ride a bike, or young people out getting a quick and easy run in. I've actually always left the levee feeling more connected to my community and the neighborhood. I've walked/ran at dusk, by myself, as a young female and never felt threatened or in danger. You can park in the park lot behind the gas station (like this map shows) so you don't have to pull on/off the busy Shallowford Rd, or park in the park's lot just off of shallowford road.

Bro what the heck... not a trail. Went to “trail” head in hopes to find some trails to run on my lunch breaks. The trailhead is right next to a super sketch has station. When I got out to scope out the “trail”. I got a nice greeting of “aye, white boy! Let me talk to you! I’m homeless and I need some gas money for weed”  . Don’t run here.