Snoopers Rock Trail

Snoopers Rock Trail is a 5.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Chattanooga, Tennessee that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This trail follows the Cumberland Trail in Prentice Cooper Wildlife Management Area just outside of Chattanooga, TN. The trail is mostly shaded taking you along a route following the natural terrain features from Indian Rockhouse to Snooper's Rock with a couple of small water crossings and numerous rock formations. At Snooper's Rock, you will be treated to one of the best views of the Tennessee River Gorge. This is a peaceful walk in the woods with a few short climbs.

Nice and relatively easy hike. Great views almost the whole way, especially in winter. Also, I saw a woman with a cat in a backpack. It even had it’s own little plastic bubble to look out of.

Great hike to a beautiful location!

We hiked this trail on Christmas Eve 2018 and had the trail all to ourselves. Sunny with the bluest of skies, couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day! Gorgoues view of the TN River along the way.

Just hiked here. Amazing views and a fairly easy trail if you hike a lot. Doesn’t feel like 5.9 miles in. I started at 7:30 and got back to my car at 12 and I hung around the overlook for about an hour. Feels more like 4 miles for the whole thing. Absolutely beautiful especially since the trees have started to change color!

Enjoyed the steps cut through Indian Rockhouse and other scenic spots along the way. The view at Snooper's Rock is a must see and a great photo op. Took my dog on this hike and she had a great time.

The parking area is on the right and clearly marked. There is a trail that intersects directly to the parking area, but that's not the one for this hike. This trailhead is across the dirt road.

Best view of a hike we have done. Pictures don’t do it justice.

I loved this hike! There’s a parking lot on the right side
Of the road by the CT sign. There’s a single wooden portapotty there also if you need. The trailhead is on the left. Go to Indian Rockhouse and end up at Snoopers. It’s a fantastic hike and that view never gets old! Best sunrise in Chatta❤️

Nearly drove to Snoopers Rock on the ATV trail next to the parking area - in an Audi SUV - no 4WD needed. The Cumberland Trail is next to the rock and you can go for miles and miles along the ridge line. Great hike, even if it’s a bit toasty in mid-July.

A little confusing to get to the trail head. But once you are there, the hike is well marked, and a great intermediate hike! The view from the rock is worth the 5 miles on a warm and clear day!

Great trail as you go by the Indian Rockhouse and a lookout or two before you get to Snoopers rock...If you looking for a easy to moderate trail with a spectacular view at the end this one is a must.

we loved it! we were also the only ones there!

Great afternoon hike and what a view at Snooper’s Rock at the end! Brought my dog along and we had such a great time. Would recommend highly

easy hike to an awesome overlook.

Thursday, December 07, 2017

Beautiful

Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Nice short hike, color splotches on trees make trail-finding easier

Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Really pretty.

Saturday, November 25, 2017

Well, very disappointed. I planned on doing a 13 mile hike called Signal Point. The coordinates AllTrails gave me, brought me to an Amish village. So I kept going to the different coordinates till I gave up and went to Snoopers Rock. I did 7.6 miles. Mostly boring for me, but the snoopers rock at the end made it worth it. — at Snoopers Rock.

Tuesday, October 03, 2017

Breathtaking view

Sunday, September 10, 2017

Great all around trail. A lot of elevation change which challenges some of the time and relieves others. Beautiful wooded scenery and views of the river the entire hike. Make sure to make the hard right uphill near the "x" branches blocking the trail. Perfect 3-5 hour hike. Once you get to the rock, you cannot be disappointed.

Sunday, September 10, 2017

Great hike today. We'll worth hiking the three miles instead of driving to the top.

Friday, September 01, 2017

Love this place. Go during the week when there's no other peeps to distract your view;)!

Friday, August 18, 2017

We literally drove our car to Snoopers Rock. We were so pissed. The trail was not maintained and it reminded us of walking in the woods at our hunting camp in Mississippi. Go somewhere else. We went to Tremont Tavern afterwards and ate an excellent burger and helped us forget about the awful experience at Snoopers Rock.

Monday, July 10, 2017

Stunning views

Monday, June 26, 2017

Great trail with beautiful views. We definitely will do again.

Saturday, June 24, 2017

Great trail! The views are well worth it.

Saturday, June 10, 2017

fun day hike

Saturday, June 10, 2017

sick hike

Monday, May 29, 2017

Great trail for one of our first hikes. Definitely challenging but doable. The views at snoopers rock are pretty incredible.

Monday, February 13, 2017

Fantastic day hike. Beautiful views both at journeys end and all along the way. Trail was marked well.

Saturday, January 28, 2017