Snoopers Rock Trail

Snoopers Rock Trail is a 5.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Chattanooga, Tennessee that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This trail follows the Cumberland Trail in Prentice Cooper Wildlife Management Area just outside of Chattanooga, TN. The trail is mostly shaded taking you along a route following the natural terrain features from Indian Rockhouse to Snooper's Rock with a couple of small water crossings and numerous rock formations. At Snooper's Rock, you will be treated to one of the best views of the Tennessee River Gorge. This is a peaceful walk in the woods with a few short climbs.

Beautiful

Nice short hike, color splotches on trees make trail-finding easier

Really pretty.

Well, very disappointed. I planned on doing a 13 mile hike called Signal Point. The coordinates AllTrails gave me, brought me to an Amish village. So I kept going to the different coordinates till I gave up and went to Snoopers Rock. I did 7.6 miles. Mostly boring for me, but the snoopers rock at the end made it worth it. — at Snoopers Rock.

Breathtaking view

Great all around trail. A lot of elevation change which challenges some of the time and relieves others. Beautiful wooded scenery and views of the river the entire hike. Make sure to make the hard right uphill near the "x" branches blocking the trail. Perfect 3-5 hour hike. Once you get to the rock, you cannot be disappointed.

Great hike today. We'll worth hiking the three miles instead of driving to the top.

Love this place. Go during the week when there's no other peeps to distract your view;)!

We literally drove our car to Snoopers Rock. We were so pissed. The trail was not maintained and it reminded us of walking in the woods at our hunting camp in Mississippi. Go somewhere else. We went to Tremont Tavern afterwards and ate an excellent burger and helped us forget about the awful experience at Snoopers Rock.

Stunning views

Great trail with beautiful views. We definitely will do again.

Great trail! The views are well worth it.

fun day hike

sick hike

Great trail for one of our first hikes. Definitely challenging but doable. The views at snoopers rock are pretty incredible.

Fantastic day hike. Beautiful views both at journeys end and all along the way. Trail was marked well.

Loved it.

Great trail, better views, but caution doing the loop this time of year. The Mullins trail has several downed trees and water is swift.

The Vistas are spectacular and this is a well marked trail. Not much traffic

Thursday, December 15, 2016

Awesome trail! It is so well marked, which is really helpful during fall/winter, as the trail can become unclear due to leaves. The view is one of a kind.