Signal Point Trail via Signal Point Park

Signal Point Trail via Signal Point Park is a 5.1 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Signal Mountain, Tennessee that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

It is a hiking trail folks, it’s not a walk in the park.

Not easy for over 65. Steps going down are in bad shape making difficult to get down to and back up from the trail. The first section should be upgraded to moderate.

The trail is easy, the stairs down to it can be tough when you’re coming out. A few are missing and make for a bit of a challenge.

Incredible views at the overlook. I would say more “moderate” than “easy”.

it’s a Easy trails! But going down to the trail is kinda of a challenge! But over all it’s still a five star hike

Easy trail and wonderful views!

Spectacular views. Definitely a "Moderate" hike, and not an "Easy" hike, after a mile you will cross an amazing stream.

I had a great time on this trail. I would agree some of the trail is no longer 'easy'. Upgrade to 'moderate' and it should be just what you're looking for. Great views, cross a few streams, a few hand over foot areas with some climbing but nothing major. A great day hike!

Sunday, March 19, 2017

Well-marked moderate difficulty trail with great views and light traffic the morning after a heavy rain. Nonetheless, the trail is in dangerous disrepair just below Signal Point. There are many signs of overuse and misuse along with plentiful graffiti. The trail just below signal point should really be closed until repairs can be accomplished.

Saturday, April 09, 2016

This trail is the Panama Beach of Chattanooga area hiking trails. If you love dodging groups of 10 plus hikers and church kid groups blasting Bluetooth speakers and generally screwing up any chance you thought you'd have of a relaxing hike, then go. Go for the view from the parking lot then turn around and leave. Unless you go on a weekday or some time no one wants to be out, avoid it. Not for real hikers, this is for loud people who think they are hikers, but really are just as loud outdoors as they are in a crowded bar. Never again.

Thursday, April 07, 2016

We took our 4 and 9 year old on this trail today with the 9 year old and my husband carrying hiking backpacks. The 4 year old had to hold a grown-up's hand for safety a fair portion of the time, but she still loved it and we had a great time! I posted some of our photos from the hike so you can get a better idea of what this trail involves. We went all the way to the Julia Falls overlook and it took 2-3 hours at an easy pace, stopping to climb some boulders and making a couple wild goose chase detours :)

Sunday, March 27, 2016

Good short hike, can be really busy when the weather is nice, though.

Saturday, March 05, 2016

Not terribly difficult but a decent workout. The falls are gorgeous.

Monday, September 07, 2015

Beautiful trail to the falls. Will come back to do more.

Sunday, January 25, 2015

I've hiked this trail many times. I haven't completely finished it but so far I've hiked it all the way to Julia Falls. I've climbed down to Julia Falls too. You'll cross many small creeks and can see a few waterfalls if it's been raining. It can be crowded sometimes if it's the first pretty day that area has had in awhile. At the beginning of the trail there's a lookout with an area to picnic and bathrooms I believe. Lots of fun boulders to climb on and many great views of the Tennessee River.
The trail itself is not too difficult for experienced hikers but you are hiking down (and up) a mountain so I wouldn't suggest it for people with knee problems.
It's a great trail for dogs, however, if you're planning on going down to Julia Falls, I wouldn't take your dog. It can be very muddy if it's been raining and you have to use rope to make your way down so it would be hard to hold on to your dog's leash. Also, please use caution with your dog whenever you are by the lookouts. Personally, if I plan on going close to the edge I will tie my dog up somewhere away from the edge because I know that if he/she falls my instinct will be to go after him/her and then that leaves both of us either dead of seriously injured. I'm a "better safe than sorry" kind of person.
I don't rock climb but I know a lot of people and have seen a lot of people climbing there and it seems like it would be a good place.
I plan on backpacking through there for a couple nights so I'll try to update in the future.