Signal Point Trail

Signal Point Trail is a 13 mile out and back trail located near Chattanooga, Tennessee that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

off road driving

it was pretty dope.

This section of trail is an excellent example of what this region and the Cumberland Trail as a whole offers. Multiple unobstructed views, stream crossings, geological features, and decent elevation changes.

Awesome views! Signal Point was my first, true hike... I'm hooked! I'm ready for my next trail!

Great trail

off road driving

why is this marked with off roading?

we found this to be a bit harder than we thought but we're flatland erst from Orlando. Loved the overlook about .4 miles from the larger suspension bridge. Trail was pretty well marked. Even though the last .25 mile had some stairs, it was strenuous. Quite rocky but magnificent Vistas

There was one good view a half mile into the hike. Back tracked down on the trail. Not too much to see but we also did not do the full hike toward the waterfall. However, there was no running water on the trail where it looked to be one. Trail seem to not be as popular, little over grown. Also, found a total of 5 ticks on us after the 1-2 hour hike.

Saturday, July 16, 2016

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Saturday, April 30, 2016

Saturday, March 05, 2016

Great trail! Had a hard time finding the trailhead by the road, not well marked. Hiked past mushroom rock and about 6 miles to get a good view of the Tennessee River then turned around.

Saturday, February 27, 2016

Sunday, October 25, 2015

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

My cousin and I took an overnight trip here and hiked from Signal Mountain past Edward Poin and Suck Creek and finished at the game reserve road parking past Poplar Springs Campsite. There are some beautiful views here but the hike is rigorous - definitely a lot of elevation change. If you want a 24-25 mile trip, add in Mullens Cove Loop, and Pot Point Loop which I believe is about 12 additional miles.