Machine Falls Loop Trail

Machine Falls Loop Trail is a 4.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Tullahoma, Tennessee that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.1 miles Elevation Gain: 583 feet Route Type: Loop

Trail is very well maintained and the falls worth the hike. We took our 10 month old with us and he enjoyed playing in the water and looking at the falls. Highly recommended!

Very nice trail with lots of beautiful waterfalls. I would differently do this again! Adams Fall Trail was a Awesome if you like up hills . Great Hike!

Great trail and beautiful waterfall. Took my 4 year old and he loved the waterfall

This hike was PERFECT. Just steep enough to be challenging, just the right length, well-marked, and those FALLS! GORGEOUS! We were the only ones at the falls when we got there (about 10:30 a.m.) My son (12) said this was his new favorite spot on earth. Highly recommend! (No bathrooms or water fountains, FYI - prepare ahead of time!)

This is a great trail that I would gladly explore again! We took the Busby trail to the falls and then the shortcut trail back out (quite the uphill). The creek at Busby with the bridge is beautiful and I am sooo glad we didn’t skip that. Machine falls was awesome too and luckily we went about sunset so only one other family was there (however they were smoking when we arrived and were nice enough to quit when we came up). We would probably take the wildflower trail next time as well but started late in the day.

Awesome waterfall! Hiked towards Adam's fall, but the creek was low. Machine falls got very crowded so we checked out. Nearly 30 people around 11.

There is a shortcut to the falls but far more worth it to hike around the topside and then work your way back down. The falls are absolutely beautiful! Especially early morning before people start arriving. The entire trail is easy to navigate and worth the trip. If you take children be careful on the topside as there are very high bluffs and some crevasses to be aware of.

Beautiful trail! Hiked it today with the family.(17 down to 10) Trail(s) are marked and clean. Waterfall was so worth the muggy weather today! Absolutely breathtaking. You can climb up a bit more on the rocks ( wet, and slippery, not small kid friendly the higher you go on rocks against the falls) but can easily stand infront of the falls with whole family :) Wear shoes that can get wet or bring a change! Peaceful and truly out in nature! Very shady , gets cooler the closer you get to water, but still bugs . Watch your step near the water/wet rocks and you are good to go!

Pretty easy walk from the parking area down to the waterfall. Lots of incline steps though when you’re coming back up. We were visiting Nashville so we weren’t really looking for a long hike, we just wanted to see a waterfall and this was just what we were looking for as we didn’t wanna spend much time hiking.

Brought my mom here for another, Daughter Hike Day. We are both in relatively good shape. The only challenging part is the steep set of stairs on one end. If you go left at the trail start then you can descend them and follow the loop around instead of ascending them at the end. I didn’t mind the stairs though. It’s nice to get a little cardio in. Otherwise it’s an easy and short trail. Lots of other people there, well shaded and cool in the summer heat. My biggest complaint would be the trash on the trail- Left with my backpack and hands full!!! Seriously, do better people.

Good cardio day. New route and think it will work.

Was a nice trail and the waterfall was a nice refreshing break from the heat of the day. Be careful near the left side of the waterfall, there is a pretty deep hole, easily 2'-3' deep. Very easy trail and good for all

stunning waterfall! trails are clearly marked. very steep at points but man what a great hike!

Great trail! Clearly marked. Steep in places but still easy for the kids. Stunning waterfall with plenty of places to sit and relax!

This was our first time seeing Machine Falls, and we loved it! We will definitely return. It was shaded along the trail, which was nice to stay cool, but the poison ivy was everywhere along the trail. We had to be careful to step over it in places where it was growing into the trail from both sides. Our children (ages 14, 12, 10 & 8) loved it and did well with the moderate difficulty level. As others said, it is steep in sections. We all wore water shoes and were glad we did. Not sure that you’d keep sneakers dry if you want to get down and follow the stream to the waterfall? It’s been hot & dry and the water level was still nice. We followed others’ advice and used bug spray. Glad we did. We were at the falls by 9:30, which was perfect: cool hike in, refreshingly cold water, and only a few other people. When we left, the parking lot was crowded and we passed a lot of people on the trail. There aren’t any picnicking spots at the trailhead or along the trail. There are more options near the waterfall that would work. Something to note: there aren’t bathrooms, so plan accordingly.

Good day to start back. Little brother ran including Adams Falls.

First Hike ever and it was great! We went early so it was nice and pleasant. Waterfall was the highlight of the hike, glorious!

We started around 9:30am and beat the traffic. Quite a few groups getting started as we were leaving, but we only came across maybe 3 or 4 people. Overall a good hike, steep in a couple sections, but plenty of shade and a cool waterfall. Mosquitoes were out in full force (late May) so don’t forget the bug repellent!

Steep sections were brutal (total novice hiker, fat girl hiking), and I'm glad I had my trekking poles with me. Had to stop numerous times to catch my breath. But the wildflowers were lovely and the falls glorious and refreshing. Just did the basic loop and with all the resting (and lunch at the falls) it was about 3.5 hours.

easy trail. bring bug spray and water shoes. can be easy to get lost with all the surrounding trails so use this app. if all else fails and you get lost faollow the creek and water falls and eventually you will come to pedestrian bridges and trail markers. enjoyed it. look forward to coming back

Narrow path and a few pretty steep parts, but otherwise pretty easy trail. don't forget the bug spray!

Nice trail and beautiful falls. Go early before the swimmers show up. Just a couple steep climbs but other than that, fairly easy.

Great trail and very few people

Loved this hike. Beautiful water fall. Plan a day, take your time and enjoy the wildflowers.

Very nice hike , easy and beautiful

Great trail. I’m a bit out of shape and it was harder at some points but I just went slower or took a break. I would recommend this trail!