Shelby Bottoms East Loop Trail

easy 200 reviews

Shelby Bottoms East Loop Trail is a 8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Nashville, Tennessee that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 8.0 miles Elevation Gain: 85 feet Route Type: Loop

wheelchair friendly

stroller friendly

paved

Peaceful, easy walk with plenty of observation points and side trails. Saw lots of bird activity. Would love to come back to do more exploring in this area.

Great, clean trail for running or biking.

Very enjoyable trails. We also took the story time trail down by the river and it was beautiful to sit and enjoy.

Very well maintained, nice easy paved pathways, but has some real nice trails through the woods lots of wildlife. great greenway

Ya gotta love Nashville. A very enjoyable walk during a stressful time. I needed that!

bridge out

We went with a dog and a stroller. not much shade. the bike traffic was dangerous for my children, they would ride by very fast and there were so many. it was very busy with other people walking and running as well. the flowers around the nature center were pretty.

nice trail

vary nice

bridge out

Nice paved road on the way out from the trailhead. As of June 19th, there is a detour as a bridge is out but the detour is a nice waide grassy/dirt trail with plenty of room for 4 people across. We did a little over 3 miles on an abridged loop . plenty of turtles and fish in the ponds at the entrance. Tons of Cardinals kn the grassy trails and other birds including egrets along the way. I had my dog with me and it was great. PLENTY of deer to see as well.

very easy and beautiful. tons of birds.

Do this shizzz

bridge out

Verdant late spring foliage after a downpour. One grassy spur called Cornelia Fort Trail which was NOT marked for no-bikes probably should have been. Lots of tire tracks but treacherous muddy slip and slides.

bridge out

Paved. Lots of direct sun during the day. Super easy. Some non-paved sections through the woods.

bridge out

It was pretty nice. One of the bridges was closed along the paved path, but using this app I found some side trails and I’m glad I did because it was a much more fun hike through dirt trails and forest. It had rained earlier in the day so some areas were muddy but it wasn’t too difficult to go around it.

bridge out

Like the view, easy, paved...good morning fresh air time.

Great paved path for my two small dogs!

Sat Feb 02 2019

Great paved trail. A little busy so be ready for lots of dogs, strollers, bikes and such!

Mon Dec 31 2018

We had a great day walking off the Holidays!!!!! 1300 cals just walking! We took our pups with us and introduced our newest Baby to one our many outdoor passions. Easy walk or pick up the pace and run or ride your bike. Lots of choices......

Thu Oct 04 2018

Great trail..can be busy on the weekend. I like that you can cross over into 2 other greenways and end up at the Dam 14 miles away if you are up to it. This trail is scenic, well paved, several bridges and overall a nice ride.

Fri Jul 20 2018

Absolutely beautiful! Shaded areas, paved road. Beautiful scenery, all green in the Summer. The smell of earth after the rain is simply wonderful! Bring water as the heat of the day gets hot and steamy fast.

Sat Jul 07 2018

Beautiful trail to escape the city. The main path is paved asphalt and good for children and pets, but you can meander off the path into primitive trails through the woods. You won't get lost because on one side is the Cumberland River (some great views can be found) and the woods always come out into East Nashville. It's all about how far you want to venture. Terrific in fall and spring, tons of color.

Wed Jun 13 2018

This is one of the nicest trails I’ve seen in Nashville. It’s paved but there’s plenty of room for running alongside in the grass and there are primitive trails throughout the route that you can venture off into.

Fri May 25 2018

Nice little spot to do some biking around the park or town & city.