Shelby Bottoms East Loop Trail

Shelby Bottoms East Loop Trail is a 8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Nashville, Tennessee that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 8.0 miles Elevation Gain: 85 feet Route Type: Loop

wheelchair friendly

stroller friendly

paved

We went with a dog and a stroller. not much shade. the bike traffic was dangerous for my children, they would ride by very fast and there were so many. it was very busy with other people walking and running as well. the flowers around the nature center were pretty.

nice trail

vary nice

bridge out

Nice paved road on the way out from the trailhead. As of June 19th, there is a detour as a bridge is out but the detour is a nice waide grassy/dirt trail with plenty of room for 4 people across. We did a little over 3 miles on an abridged loop . plenty of turtles and fish in the ponds at the entrance. Tons of Cardinals kn the grassy trails and other birds including egrets along the way. I had my dog with me and it was great. PLENTY of deer to see as well.

Do this shizzz

bridge out

Verdant late spring foliage after a downpour. One grassy spur called Cornelia Fort Trail which was NOT marked for no-bikes probably should have been. Lots of tire tracks but treacherous muddy slip and slides.

bridge out

It was pretty nice. One of the bridges was closed along the paved path, but using this app I found some side trails and I’m glad I did because it was a much more fun hike through dirt trails and forest. It had rained earlier in the day so some areas were muddy but it wasn’t too difficult to go around it.

bridge out

Like the view, easy, paved...good morning fresh air time.

Great paved path for my two small dogs!

Great paved trail. A little busy so be ready for lots of dogs, strollers, bikes and such!

We had a great day walking off the Holidays!!!!! 1300 cals just walking! We took our pups with us and introduced our newest Baby to one our many outdoor passions. Easy walk or pick up the pace and run or ride your bike. Lots of choices......

Great trail..can be busy on the weekend. I like that you can cross over into 2 other greenways and end up at the Dam 14 miles away if you are up to it. This trail is scenic, well paved, several bridges and overall a nice ride.

Friday, July 20, 2018

Absolutely beautiful! Shaded areas, paved road. Beautiful scenery, all green in the Summer. The smell of earth after the rain is simply wonderful! Bring water as the heat of the day gets hot and steamy fast.

Saturday, July 07, 2018

Beautiful trail to escape the city. The main path is paved asphalt and good for children and pets, but you can meander off the path into primitive trails through the woods. You won't get lost because on one side is the Cumberland River (some great views can be found) and the woods always come out into East Nashville. It's all about how far you want to venture. Terrific in fall and spring, tons of color.

Wednesday, June 13, 2018

This is one of the nicest trails I’ve seen in Nashville. It’s paved but there’s plenty of room for running alongside in the grass and there are primitive trails throughout the route that you can venture off into.

Friday, May 25, 2018

Nice little spot to do some biking around the park or town & city.

Friday, March 30, 2018

Not exactly trail running considered it’s paved the whole time, but the bridge at about 1.5 m in is gorgeous to walk across. The river is hard to see the whole time because of the trees and brush so it’s not exactly scenic either.

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

It’s fairly easy, makes for a quick, quiet, pretty bike ride to the bridge and back. Whole area is very pleasant.

Saturday, January 06, 2018

Great trail for all levels. Even saw two deer cross the path.

Thursday, December 07, 2017

Beautiful slice of Mother Nature. Clean, easy trails. Magical for those that like to play around with photography.

Saturday, November 18, 2017

Flat, paved and quiet with a mix of sun and shade, the main trail is easy running. If I lived near it, the trail would be a great path for a daily jog. Unfortunately most views of the river are shielded by overgrown bamboo and shrubs. Also I prefer a bit more variety in incline when trail running. Otherwise a very peaceful place to run!

Saturday, April 22, 2017

It was peaceful.

Sunday, March 05, 2017

Trail has paved and unpaved sections which are great. I stayed on the unpaved tracks, but the forks were unmarked. Otherwise, great place to run.

Thursday, September 15, 2016

I love bringing the dog down here. Once you get off the main path, which is very busy, and onto the primitive trails it's really peaceful.