Sharps Ridge Loop Trail

Sharps Ridge Loop Trail is a 3.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Knoxville, Tennessee that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Just 10 minutes from downtown you can drive to the top of Sharp's Ridge Memorial Park for the best view of our skyline and the distant mountain peaks. There are 4.7 miles of multi-use trails that wind across the wooded hills. The trails can be accessed from the neighborhood on Hanover/Ridge Road; from the bottom trailhead just across from the picnic area; and from the upper parking area by the cell tower. The Gravity Jump Trail is 0.6 miles and is a black diamond expert only trail for mountain bikers - no foot traffic or dogs are allowed. Sharp Ridge trails drain extremely well and are a great place to hike or ride when other Knoxville trails are too wet.

Lovely hike. Would have been better without broken glass on the trail. Also, not really a loop.

This is a nice comfortable trail where changes in elevation can be added in by taking side trails. One of the main trails that runs nearby is for mountain bikes only. I actually ran down part of that trail, and it would be amazing for biking. By adding that section of trail into the overall path, I got an excellent change in elevation and added quite a bit of distance as it connects to trails that are lower down the mountain.

This is a good cardio hike since the trail is up and down the entire way. Views are nice and I love that it's dog friendly. This is a great option if you want to get in the woods but don't necessarily want to drive very far. I do wish there with more trail markers since there are many splits.

Took my dog with me as I hiked this trail and I really enjoyed it! It's really not hard at all and there aren't many hills.
The view was nice (except as someone already pointed out, there were power lines that somewhat blocked it). However, even driving up to the trail head there are places you can stop and park and enjoy the view without having to go on the trial. I'm definitely going to go hiking here again!

Did not really go anywhere

Quaint trail mainly packed earth/dirt terrain with slight elevation gains, my dog loved it. Slight deliverance/murder mystery vibe at times but had no problems, actually did not see a single person on the trail. While it does not offer particular good views if looking for a secluded nature trail close to the city would recommend.

This was a good trail, I will do it again for the challenge/fitness of it. However, the level was not marked correctly. Alltrails reflects this as EASY trail; this was definitely not easy, moderate to say the least. It was challenging, which I liked, but I was expecting EASY. I feel Alltrails should change to moderate. Additionally, we came upon bikers on the "non bikers only" path. No big deal, but another detail that should be mentioned about the trail. It is a very narrow trail, cannot walk side by side, so when a biker comes, it was a lil unnerving.

It was a good trail. My 8 year old son was able to do it. There are a couple of places where the view is good. The trials are in good shape. We hiked the upper and middle trails

Enjoyed the walk. Went with my husband and son. Nice views of Knoxville. A few more inclines than expected, but was worth doing.

The view of Knoxville is good except for the heavy cables and wires. I didn't feel safe on this trail. Afterward I found out it's referred to as 'pickle park'. While, it's supposed to be better maintained and patrolled than in the past, I have to say that I wouldn't return to this trail, especially by myself.