Memorial Day Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Seclusion Bend Trail is a 5.1 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Kodak, Tennessee that features a river. The trail is good for all skill levels and offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 5.1 miles Elevation Gain: 131 feet Route Type: Out & Back

paddle sports

Great trails. Great to walk your dog too. Saw many puppers. Absolutely gorgeous scenery. The first part of one of the loop trails to the bridge can get pretty hot in Summer because there is no shade. Once you pass the bridge and get more into the natural trail, there is shade

This was a nice trail to hike during the COVID fiasco. Good to get outside and be in nature. The trail was a bit muddy, but given that it rained all day the day before, it wasn’t unexpected. We saw 50+ deer and countless birds. Overall a very nice day out of the house.

Great family outing. The trail had a great variety of woods, water, and paved areas!

Fun trail but very little shade... lots of fields.. of coarse it is a bird sancuary... best on overcast day. Trail was a little muddy dew to recent rain most of the trails are grassy which is nice for a change

Beautiful hike along the French Broad River. Many birds and deer to see. Most reviews written in summer complained of conditions (too hot, sunny, bugs, etc.) however early December was perfect weather. Just not much foliage to look at. Although, in my opinion, made for better viewing. All in all, would recommend.

paddle sports

We actually only ran a portion of this trail near the waters bend. it was fine but full sun so it was pretty hot. Most of the time spent here was kayaking. the water was pretty low so it was pretty sketchy and some spots. We kayak with the current. We parked one car up the current at the actual boat dock in the bird park. Parked the other car at the boat dock about 14 miles away. (hopefully I can modify this later because I need to put the names of the sites). Many blogs said that we could kayak these two points and two hours. Not even remotely close to be untrue. I would tell anyone at any skill level to at least give yourself a good three hours on the water if you are off and on paddling. Bring sunscreen and bug spray. make time to pull over on to the banks where it looks like a beach core on the right side of the split. hangout have some lunch. The right side of the split was too low for us to go so we had to take the left side. My biggest warning would be to check water levels before you go because we barely made it in certain sections we did hit bottom. The current was not as strong as the blog said. We had to do quite a bit of paddling the first hour and the last hour cuz the current definitely was not pushing us fast enough. Most of the animal life out there where turtles in the water. On the left side of the split is where we seen all the birds lots and lots of them. the water is pretty decently clear and clean and 90% of it. A few spots where current is very low you could smell the area and see all the water bugs. All in all I highly recommend this trip to be an early morning trip or an afternoon trip so that you don't get stuck in the sun at the 2-4 pm window. However I could see this being a mosquito infested ride if you did an afternoon trip and especially if the wind speed was low. see pictures I added with blue kayak and circled points to park. It was a 6 mile paddle from point a to b on left of split. If you do not want to paddle much and rely on riding the current more, except at least 4 hour's from these to spots.

Take Kelley toward the park entrance then turn on the gravel road to the left for the boat ramp. This is where the trailhead is - Google maps will take you to a neighborhood (where you are currently able to cut through the small line of trees to get to the correct area). The trail is a mowed path that goes along the river, going into a field for parts of it. The hike was easy. Took my dog. I saw no other visitors while I was there. The path is only marked at places where it comes out or intersects with other paths, but is still fairly easy to follow. Make sure to wear bug spray and check for ticks.

Sun Apr 28 2019

Nice while in the woods but too open and no sun protection.

Wed Apr 24 2019

Lovely trail along the French Broad with beautiful views and glimpses of the local wildlife. Easy, mostly flat trail, perfect for dog walks however please be aware of ticks! We have removed around 50 ticks off our 3 dogs since finishing this trail and a few off ourselves- other than the ticks this is a perfect trail that I highly recommend!

Sat Mar 23 2019

Sat Jan 26 2019

The French Broad River was running pretty high, so the trail was a bit muddy. Birding was fair. we saw Orange Crowned Warblers, Mockingbirds, Cardinals, Savannah and Song Sparrows, Kestrels, Blue Jays, Hairy Woodpeckers and Carolina Wrens. I think this would be a much better trail in early Spring or late Fall.

Fri Nov 09 2018

I enjoyed this hike. It is mostly easy with some steep hills. We chose this hike because we could bring our dog. The barns were beautiful. Not many people on a Thursday, early afternoon.

Mon Apr 30 2018

Very nice easy hike. I'd consider it more of a walk since its very flat and mostly just mowed trails around the edges of the fields. Highly recommend for an easy morning outing.