Scenic Spur Trail

Scenic Spur Trail is a 4.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Reliance, Tennessee that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

8.5.17

We started on Scenic Spur trail, and then somehow ended up on Clemmer Trail, so we never made it to the first small waterfall. Saw a few signs along the way, but don't know how we got off the original trail. The first two miles is uphill, so take it slow. The trail path itself is nice and wide, and we could walk side by side for the majority of it.

It was a really great trail the whole way to the top, which put us at Benton Falls, and that waterfall was simply amazing! It's an absolutely beautiful sight to see. We sat on a big rock and had a picnic there. There were a good amount of people at the waterfall, as it was a Saturday, but the trail itself was lightly trafficked.

We passed a few mountain bikers on the way up and down. Make sure to listen for them, as they come around the corners extremely fast. We moved completely off the trail to let them go by. They come down there so fast that there's no way that they would be about to stop or avoid a hiker.

Round trip, we clocked 10.2 miles, and it took us 5 hours from start to finish. We took our time, stopped many times to take pictures, had lunch, etc. Couldn't of asked for a prettier day, and thoroughly enjoyed this hike!

The dirt parking area had room for about 10-20 cars for parking. It was kind of muddy in some sections when we went. The trail itself wasn't too hard, but there were some pretty steep spots. We crossed the creek a couple times to get to Rattlesnake/Rock Creek Falls, Chestnut Mtn Falls, and Thornburg Ridge Falls, which were all very pretty. Chestnut Mtn falls looked like a nice place to play in the water. There were 2 hornets nests that I saw. One by the first falls (Rattlesnake) across the water, which we didn't go anywhere near. The second we had to pass right next to, to get to Chestnut Mtn Falls and then again as we were leaving.

I think this is one of my top ten trails so far. It's easy to find, good parking and well marked. I was pleasantly surprised to find the beautiful swimming hole and extra falls at the top of the first waterfall. Just a fantastic hike!

Very easy, well marked trail. There are a few creek crossing so I'd highly recommend waterproof shoes! A family decided to turn around when I was there because they didn't have proper shoes. The falls are pretty too!

nice trail

It was a really nice trail. The directions were clear and everyone's reviews really made me want to do this trail. The waterfall was beautiful, and the stream crossings made the hot day a more bearable. It was a four- hour round trip for me but worth it.

Cool trail that I hiked with four other guys in the rain. The waterfalls are awesome and it's not that hard of a hike. Definitely recommend.

Nice hike with good tread and a beautiful creek. The falls are lovely. The creek crossings were about mid-calf on the day I went, but that, of course, also meant the falls were flowing full. I had them to myself for an hour this morning--refreshing. Easy access to trailhead, but, yes, there is limited parking. This trail is also reviewed by others as "Clemmer Trail" and "Rainbow Falls," but they are all the same trail which is marked as Scenic Spur, Trail 78 by the Forest Service. Great place for a hike, a swim, a family outing--yes, I could see a dog having a blast on this one.

Nice trail, easy hike. Those saying that the directions are wrong are incorrect. I've been on this trail countless times and you can see the Ocoee River from the entrance to the parking area. It's not in Chattanooga.

Beautiful water falls and pretty easy hike. Good one to do on a warm day with friends

Great, fairly short trail. There are three sets of falls and a little grotto at the last falls but getting to those requires some climbing. It's a go-to for when you don't have all day or plan on hitting multiple trails

Starts out with a steep uphill climb to the top of the mountain. Then levels off. Nice trail. Definitely worth doing.

Falls were beautiful. Nice hike through the woods with several Creek crossings.

Completed on Monday Aug 29, 2016.
Easy, short distance, good for dogs even on a hot day because of the creek crossings along the trail and ponds at the end! Even with low water, the falls were beautiful. Even larger cascades above the falls, gotta do some scrambling to get up there though. Can't wait to go back when the water is higher! Also, super easy road access to the trailhead so that's a plus. Definitely recommend this trip for anyone looking for a quick trip to a scenic spot

Wednesday, July 13, 2016