Savage Day Loop

Savage Day Loop is a 5.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Palmer, Tennessee that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

love this place. trail to falls is easy. very well marked.

Good easy loop with nice detour to falls. I did the loop twice because it was easy and quite.

Such a wonderful place. I went with my 7 year old. It was a very easy peaceful walk, with a huge payoff.

I loved this trail the waterfall was amazing

Great, easy trip mixed with backpacking and dayhiking. Classic trail that can’t be missed.

beautiful trail, well maintained, Rangers were very friendly. We planned to hike the loop but we're caught up admiring the falls , looking forward to returning to finish the trail

We came into the park from 399. The ranger at the ranger station was very polite and friendly to our kids. We hiked to the falls and back out. About 3 miles round trip. There were other people hiking some with dogs but everyone was friendly. Trail was clearly defined and had markers every 50 ft or so. We plan to go back and hike further.

Beautiful waterfall and very nice ranger at the trailhead. Very easy hike for kids and pets!

Hiked this a few days ago it was beautiful. The waterfalls were peaceful. Rattlesnake Point was incredible, I’ll never forget that view. The beginning of the hike is a bit slow but well worth it.

You couldn't have asked for a better day for a hike, mid 60s, sunny, and a gentle breeze. The trails were well marked. Bathrooms were clean and everything worked fine. Waterfall was beautiful.

Easy hike with a well maintained trail and some pretty neat suspension bridges that my nine year old loved. Falls was great. Also must say that the ranger station by the parking lot had very clean and well maintained bathrooms which I rarely ever find at parks.

Easy hike with neat brides to get you over the water flow. The waterfall is breathtaking!

Well marked and well maintained trail. Friendly, helpful ranger and restroom at the trailhead. Many great options in this park.

whole park is great!!

A nice, easy hike with an overlook and a beautiful waterfall. Clean, well maintained trail. It had recently rained when i went, so the falls were quite impressive.

nice easy hike for the family

This is a nice, kid friendly trail with a waterfall that’s relatively safe for kids to explore. The trail is pretty easy and well maintained but there are few roots and rocks in places. The main attraction is the waterfall and a bluff over-look area. My 6-year old enjoyed the trail and handled the terrain just fine. As for the 2-Star ‘hiking snob’ review, I have to partially agree: There isn’t breathtaking scenery to keep you entertained the full length of the trail. If that’s what you are looking for, a scenic highway or National Geographic magazine would be a better fit for you than a State Park. If you enjoy hiking for the sake of hiking, this is great trail and not a long hike for the scenery it provides - especially for TN.

I'll be the first to admit I'm kind of a hiking snob. Personally, I just didn't find the trail very scenic. You can see the 2 pretty spots in the pictures on these pages but my experience was that most the trail was relatively uninteresting through a tunnel of trees.

Trail was clear and well marked.

Absolutely beautiful ❤️

Nice easy hike with well marked, well maintained trails. Hubby and I went on a weekday morning and had the trail all to ourselves. At the trailhead there is a ranger station with clean restrooms and a kiosk to get a map for $2. Dayhikers sign in and out at the kiosk, a safety precaution that I really like. The suspension bridges were fun. Got some great pics at the overlook. We went down a small trail that overlooks the falls but we couldn't see it very good through all the leaves. The waterfall was fairly easy to get down to on a wooden set of stairs. We went 2 days after a big rain so it was really running. Near the small loop headed to the falls had a few places with standing water but we got around without getting our feet wet. We spent about 30 minutes at the falls and headed back. Overall, it is a nice relaxing hike. Its great for some time in the woods without exerting yourself too much.

Thursday, May 04, 2017

Great hike for the kids! Terrain is easy enough for my 2 year old to navigate and the waterfall is beautiful! this trail seems to be a bit popular as we have been on it twice now and passed several people each time.

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

very easy trails and the falls are beautiful

Sunday, April 09, 2017

Easy, but fun!

Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Super fun and pretty easy hike! BEAUTIFUL waterfalls!!!

Monday, February 13, 2017

The absolutely best maintained trail within 100 miles of Chattanooga. The trail is always clear with wide well marked signs everywhere. Its like I was atop Lookout Mtn there are almost as many directional signs as there are Rock City / Ruby Falls signs on Lookout. If you been there you copy
And there's a waterfall and a gulch bluff on the Day Loop. Legend has it that if you follow the creek to where it disapears into the ground and follow the dry creek bed till the water pops out of the earth you come upon a bluehole with a subteranian cave with a cavern.

Sunday, January 29, 2017

did this gem today the falls were roaring. great hike easy and level most of the way. highly recommend

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Well maintained trails and easy hike. The Falls were all dry this time. Very peaceful and beautiful.

Thursday, October 20, 2016