Savage Day Loop

Savage Day Loop is a 5.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Palmer, Tennessee that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is a nice, kid friendly trail with a waterfall that’s relatively safe for kids to explore. The trail is pretty easy and well maintained but there are few roots and rocks in places. The main attraction is the waterfall and a bluff over-look area. My 6-year old enjoyed the trail and handled the terrain just fine. As for the 2-Star ‘hiking snob’ review, I have to partially agree: There isn’t breathtaking scenery to keep you entertained the full length of the trail. If that’s what you are looking for, a scenic highway or National Geographic magazine would be a better fit for you than a State Park. If you enjoy hiking for the sake of hiking, this is great trail and not a long hike for the scenery it provides - especially for TN.

I'll be the first to admit I'm kind of a hiking snob. Personally, I just didn't find the trail very scenic. You can see the 2 pretty spots in the pictures on these pages but my experience was that most the trail was relatively uninteresting through a tunnel of trees.

Trail was clear and well marked.

Absolutely beautiful ❤️

Nice easy hike with well marked, well maintained trails. Hubby and I went on a weekday morning and had the trail all to ourselves. At the trailhead there is a ranger station with clean restrooms and a kiosk to get a map for $2. Dayhikers sign in and out at the kiosk, a safety precaution that I really like. The suspension bridges were fun. Got some great pics at the overlook. We went down a small trail that overlooks the falls but we couldn't see it very good through all the leaves. The waterfall was fairly easy to get down to on a wooden set of stairs. We went 2 days after a big rain so it was really running. Near the small loop headed to the falls had a few places with standing water but we got around without getting our feet wet. We spent about 30 minutes at the falls and headed back. Overall, it is a nice relaxing hike. Its great for some time in the woods without exerting yourself too much.

Great hike for the kids! Terrain is easy enough for my 2 year old to navigate and the waterfall is beautiful! this trail seems to be a bit popular as we have been on it twice now and passed several people each time.