Ruby Falls

Ruby Falls is a 0.2 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Chattanooga, Tennessee that features a waterfall. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking.

wheelchair friendly

cave

Ruby Falls is a paid waterfall attraction in an underground cavern.

Pretty cool on guided tour through the caverns to see an underground waterfall.

Very easy, but slow moving on the way in. Waterfall cool, but artificial lights and music kind of ruin it's natural beauty. A true tourist trap, but could be fun for kids. Having been to Carlsbad, this is not impressive at all...

Developed as a tourist attraction. The walk is easy and the cave formations are interesting. How can you not love a 145' subterranean waterfall? Unfortunately, your time at the fall is limited due to the tour group schedule, but it was still enjoyable. Not my usual thing.

Just Ok. It is greatly advertised all over the city. All is artificial: paved, lights, water, music. Not much left to nature. With long lines to get in and extremely crowded. Maybe a fun experience with small kids.

Good family fun

scenic driving

I decided to take a trip to Chattanooga to visit Ruby Falls and it was one of the best decisions I made this past weekend. The line was indeed a bit lengthy. It took over an hour to get inside the vicinity. I enjoyed the tour despite my low level of claustrophobia. The waterfall at the end was very beautiful and I enjoyed every minute of the tour.

Ok falls, a little tight in areas, some kids along the way were being rude.

amazing cavern with waterfall

If your not claustrophobic and don't mind being close to strangers then do this! The falls at the end of this tour are amazing. More of and educational history lesson but cool none the less. We went on Memorial Day weekend so it was super crowded. My suggestion is to go as early as possible to beat the rush.

Amazingly fun. Very colorful underground cave trail w/ photo ops along the way. waterfall was awesome to see.

This is a paid activity with a guide. That being said, for those of us who like caves, the waterfall is well worth seeing. It's lighted and a little cheesy but if you can look past the touristy aspect you will see a truely unique waterfall.

The story behind how this waterfall was discovered is quite cool :) Really cool rock formations and waterfall

Monday, October 24, 2016

The caverns had a pretty light show, but it was way over-priced and very crowded.

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Don't waste your time or money.

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Loved the falls - spectacular! The gardens and grounds were gorgeous. We really enjoyed our visit here. The trail was easy, peaceful. And the part of the trail where you choose to be daring and either shimmy through the extremely narrow opening between two large rocks in the path or be a wimp and just go around? Yeah, I just went on around.

There was a long line/wait to get in. We had to park quite a distance away. But once we were inside, everyone seemed to spread out so it didn't seem quite as crowded.

I highly recommend a visit to this awesome site!

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

me and my kids had a blast. it was a lot of people. but worth it all the way.

Saturday, July 16, 2016

I had fun on this tour. the tour guide was real friendly & it's fun seeing & learning about the history behind Ruby falls.

Tuesday, July 05, 2016

Lot of people, long crowded walk.

Thursday, May 05, 2016

this shouldn't be on a trail site. it's a VERY touristy area. You're charged $20 a person to stand in an overcrowded, really hot cave for several hours. it's not even real anymore. this cave was discovered before there were laws protecting them, so the original formations are almost completely gone. The ones you see are not real, or they have been brought in from other caves. The waterfall is pumped in. the natural waterfall is only a trickle. My ex boyfriend used to be the cave mataneince manager, which is how I know all of this! The only way you should ever see ruby falls, is go after a big rain (the waterfall is runoff and not spring fed so it can get really big and sometimes flood the cave) and only in the non peak season. Otherwise you are crammed in the cave like sardines, and management has not trouble just shoving you into their old elevator which breaks down all the time, causes customers to get stuck for several hours. Not an enjoyable experience for the price you're paying.

Monday, April 18, 2016

Not necessarily a hike, it is a walking tour through a cave. Very interesting stuff to see.