Rock Island Twin Falls

Rock Island Twin Falls is a 1.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Rock Island, Tennessee that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

Very strenuous but extremely beautiful. Wear waterproof hiking boots or good sandals because my feet got soaked

Very easy hike. You just have to climb some stairs. The falls are spectacular.

The best place for swimming and exploring. We love jumping off the bluffs into the always cool water. Lots of trails in the park too. The twin falls trail is the best & prettiest in my opinion.

Amazing!

Great Trail, Awesome waterfalls! Kids thought the powerhouse was really neat! Trail runs along the river and there is lots to see. Definitely recommend this one for a short trip.....we did this one in light rain and it was wonderful, though we did lose daylight before we could keep going and we made it nearly to the end! Nice views!

Seriously an amazing and beautiful trail! So many waterfalls and beautiful views! Full trail review and more pics coming to our blog soon! www.Wander-Full-Life.com

100% recommending this trip! The views are beautiful and the water is cold. It’s very refreshing on a hot day. The rocks on the bottom of the gorge bed do make it uncomfortable to swim barefoot. You definitely want to bring a pair of water shoes or a dry pair of boots to walk back up in.

I really enjoyed this hike. I drove over from Nashville to spend the day and did three of the shorter hikes in the area. all of them a moderate hike as far as skill level goes. the falls were a beautiful sight and so was the gorge and some smaller falls as well. definitely worth the trip. Next time I may camp and hike, as there is still more to see!

Beautiful park and trails. A lot of wildflowers and several waterfalls to check out. Twin Falls is one of my favorites.

Always one of my go-to short trails. Very well maintained and love the falls

My husband & I did this trail with our 4 kiddos on the last day of our 5-day vacation to Tennessee. We totally saved the best day for last. Loved this Park & this trail as well as Blue Hole Trail.

Beautiful views of a large waterfall!
Just be careful because they are not kidding when they say the water is dangerous. The last time I went the water would have been too dangerous to even go white water rafting.
But when the water is low, you can walk down to the river and take some really great pictures without hiking the trail.

beautiful area. the gorge and warm hole area rock climbs are fun as well.

Sunday, July 16, 2017

Nice vantage points to see the falls . Beautiful place for a picnic on the boulders .

Sunday, June 04, 2017

several different waterfalls here. you can do lots of exploring here too. Several different spots to swim in. Also a couple cliff diving spots.

scenic driving
Tuesday, October 18, 2016

I have to agree with everybody else. Beautiful!!!!!!!!! This area is paradise!

scenic driving
Tuesday, October 18, 2016

I do not give many 5 star reviews but tis place is just beautiful. So many waterfalls. So many beautiful hiking trails. I want to come back with more time.

Monday, April 25, 2016

Extremely beautiful!!! One of my favorite waterfalls!

Monday, February 01, 2016

So much to see and do in this area! - waterfalls, mountain views, great caves, fishing, camping, hiking, eating - awesome area!

Friday, December 04, 2015

Amazing place. Waterfalls every where. Numerous trails. One of my favorite state parks.

Wednesday, June 05, 2013

The Blue Hole Trail in is Rock Island State Park. The sign at the entrance warns that the trail is steep & strenuous. The area has many water falls and is beautiful.

Saturday, March 30, 2013

We were just traveling through the area when by mistake discovered this beautiful area! Lots to do and not much time on our day we chose to swim. It was the most magical place I had ever seen! Water falls 360! Trails all around can't wait to go back and spend more time.