Rainbow Lake to Bee Branch and Signal Point Trail

Rainbow Lake to Bee Branch and Signal Point Trail is a 4.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Signal Mountain, Tennessee that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.5 miles Elevation Gain: 800 feet Route Type: Loop

One of my favorite trails. So gorgeous!

The trail starts out easy enough from the parking lot. Beautiful boulders. Watch for roots. We got off trail at one point about a mile in but the All Trails gps got us back on. We decided to turn around at Rainbow Lake because of some trail confusion. My recommendation is to look at the map at the parking lot and get a good idea of the color blazes you want to follow. We did not do that and instead relied on gps. You definitely need sturdy shoes with good treads.

This is a pretty decent hike majority of the trail. There are lots of roots and loose boulders. Would recommend boots with good tread. Some of the views are beautiful. The portion that is closer to Rainbow Lake is more switchbacks and gravel. That part of the trail is pretty busy with people going to the water.

Very nice hike but not the most spectacular around here. I did enjoy it.

Hiking this trail and running this trail are two VERY different experience’s z

Good hike keep an eye out for blue blazes because it’s easy to end up in someone’s back yard

The main hike to rainbow Falls is a good short hike that is not too exhausting but does have some moderate areas when you're going back to the car that are uphill-there are a couple of benches along the way to sit and rest if needed. The falls were really pretty and there's lots of room to play in the creek or sit on a rock and have a picnic. One really aggravating thing is there were so many people with unleashed dogs there. When these dogs rush up on my dog who is on a leash it startles us and our dog. Most times their owners are not even paying attention to the fact that they've run off from them. There was also a group there that started a fire by the creek and left it while it was still burning. Not that everyone reads the rules but it clearly states on the board before you start hiking that you're not supposed to start a campfire there or have dogs unleashed. There are several other trail options with a swinging Bridge. Our eight year old was not comfortable with the swinging Bridge so we didn't take those trail options but would like to go back and try again. This was probably one of our easiest trails. It's nice to be able to get to a waterfall in just a little over half a mile. There is not a lot of parking available so if you go on a really pretty day on the weekend you will likely have to park on the road. I definitely recommend this trail!

My friend and I had a great time exploring this trail. The lookout at the end it beautiful, and the trail so neat.

please do not swim or drink the water without filtering. e. coli has been found present in the water so please take that into account. Good winter hike for better visibility

Thursday, September 13, 2018

Great hike with the hubby!!

Saturday, August 18, 2018

Fun hike with a great view at Signal Point! We loved seeing the bridges, creeks, and boulders throughout the route. There were many rocks and tree roots to traverse along the trail. Watch trail signs as some of the trails seem to cross at certain points. We definitely enjoyed this hike!

Sunday, July 22, 2018

Great way to stretch the legs and plenty to see.

Wednesday, July 04, 2018

Moderate hike average hikers and children can complete. Be careful to stay on the correct path, there are several forks to other trails. There is a dam and small swimming hole at the bottom with campsites.

Sunday, May 27, 2018

reviewing as someone who hiked this for the first time...the trail was poorly marked. the trees were well marked with the color of the trail you are following, but the trails lacked maps that show where you are and where each trail will lead you to. however, because of this our 6 mile hike luckily turned into a 9 mile one;) the all trails app helped us get back on track to Edwards point. the views were worth it!!

Sunday, April 29, 2018

Great hike for my dog and I. About 4.5 miles round trip out to Edwards point. It says moderate, but there are a few short strenuous portions. Not for a beginner hiker.

Friday, April 27, 2018

Beautiful falls.. April 27, 2018, Elaine , Maria, Leslie, Mother and I did this hike. It was gorgeous and we loved it

Monday, January 22, 2018

Great views and visibility in January.

Sunday, October 22, 2017

Awesome overlooks and water falls with an old dam and lake at the end.

Monday, October 09, 2017

Monday, August 07, 2017

We entered the Rainbow Lake trail at the small parking lot at Ohio Ave, just past Alexia Bros. We intended to do the Bee Branch loop, but the trail was narrow and overgrown. After seeing too many poisonous plants, we turned back and just did the hike down to Rainbow Lake and then back up. The kids (8 and 10) enjoyed playing in the "pond" and climbing on the rocks for about an hour. Bring a towel, spare clothes, and a snack and just relax. We left shortly after Noon on a Sunday and noticed that the parking lot was overflowing. It must be a popular spot.

Monday, July 31, 2017

Nice waterfalls, great view and nice rock climbing (top-roping options) at the end. My son and I actually camped on the edge of a cliff on Edwards Point, and it was amazing. Keep in mind, though, that it's ATV accessible, so you won't necessarily be alone, even at night after most hikers have gone home. If you want to camp overnight, keep in mind the trailhead parking area says "no overnight parking". But I just called the local police at the number on the sign in the parking lot, and they were friendly and accommodating.

Friday, July 28, 2017

Take water

Thursday, July 20, 2017

A moderate hike, runable in parts dues to rocks and roots and uphill scrambles. Well worth it for the views. Trail is a bit hard to follow near the waterfall. If pressed for time head straight to Edwards point trail bypassing most of the loop.

Monday, July 17, 2017

Beautiful hike for photos. Would have been moderate if not for humidity. I would definitely recommend.

Monday, July 10, 2017

Best hike I've been on. This one has it all! Capped off by an amazing overlook.

Tuesday, July 04, 2017

Absolutely love this hiking trail!

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Beautiful trails. My husband and I took our dog and walked for hours. We parked at the Rainbow Lake parking lot but we must have taken a wrong turn somewhere along the way because we came out of the woods along way from the parking lot so I suggest before you go to look at maps. But other than that it's absolutely beautiful once you get past the golf course area and all the noise. Make sure you take a really good tick repellent because even though I sprayed us all down we were covered in ticks. We had more on us than our dog had.