Rainbow Lake to Bee Branch and Signal Point Trail

Rainbow Lake to Bee Branch and Signal Point Trail is a 4.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Signal Mountain, Tennessee that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Moderate hike average hikers and children can complete. Be careful to stay on the correct path, there are several forks to other trails. There is a dam and small swimming hole at the bottom with campsites.

reviewing as someone who hiked this for the first time...the trail was poorly marked. the trees were well marked with the color of the trail you are following, but the trails lacked maps that show where you are and where each trail will lead you to. however, because of this our 6 mile hike luckily turned into a 9 mile one;) the all trails app helped us get back on track to Edwards point. the views were worth it!!

These trails are well marked yet flow naturally, with many scenic views.

Great hike for my dog and I. About 4.5 miles round trip out to Edwards point. It says moderate, but there are a few short strenuous portions. Not for a beginner hiker.

Beautiful falls.. April 27, 2018, Elaine , Maria, Leslie, Mother and I did this hike. It was gorgeous and we loved it

Great views and visibility in January.

Awesome overlooks and water falls with an old dam and lake at the end.

We entered the Rainbow Lake trail at the small parking lot at Ohio Ave, just past Alexia Bros. We intended to do the Bee Branch loop, but the trail was narrow and overgrown. After seeing too many poisonous plants, we turned back and just did the hike down to Rainbow Lake and then back up. The kids (8 and 10) enjoyed playing in the "pond" and climbing on the rocks for about an hour. Bring a towel, spare clothes, and a snack and just relax. We left shortly after Noon on a Sunday and noticed that the parking lot was overflowing. It must be a popular spot.

Nice waterfalls, great view and nice rock climbing (top-roping options) at the end. My son and I actually camped on the edge of a cliff on Edwards Point, and it was amazing. Keep in mind, though, that it's ATV accessible, so you won't necessarily be alone, even at night after most hikers have gone home.

If you want to camp overnight, keep in mind the trailhead parking area says "no overnight parking". But I just called the local police at the number on the sign in the parking lot, and they were friendly and accommodating.

Take water

A moderate hike, runable in parts dues to rocks and roots and uphill scrambles. Well worth it for the views. Trail is a bit hard to follow near the waterfall. If pressed for time head straight to Edwards point trail bypassing most of the loop.

Beautiful hike for photos. Would have been moderate if not for humidity. I would definitely recommend.

Monday, July 10, 2017

Best hike I've been on. This one has it all! Capped off by an amazing overlook.

Tuesday, July 04, 2017

Absolutely love this hiking trail!

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Beautiful trails. My husband and I took our dog and walked for hours. We parked at the Rainbow Lake parking lot but we must have taken a wrong turn somewhere along the way because we came out of the woods along way from the parking lot so I suggest before you go to look at maps. But other than that it's absolutely beautiful once you get past the golf course area and all the noise. Make sure you take a really good tick repellent because even though I sprayed us all down we were covered in ticks. We had more on us than our dog had.

Saturday, June 17, 2017

Nice hike. Well maintained gravel path. The first half mile there was a lot of noise from chainsaws in a nearby neighborhood. We had more fun once we got to Bee Branch Trail. It is a traditional dirt trail and less traveled. The Rainbow Lake area was crowded even on a weekday. Overlooks were beautiful. It was a very nice area and the trails were well marked.

Monday, April 17, 2017

Rainbow trail is amazing and moderate for hikers love it

Sunday, March 19, 2017

Well-marked and fairly well-maintained easy-moderate difficulty trail with moderate traffic. We were there the day after a significant rain. Despite this, there were still quite e few people on the path. Signs of misuse were present but uncommon.

Monday, February 20, 2017

Love it

Monday, February 06, 2017

Awesome Hike!!

Saturday, November 05, 2016

Great! I'm ready to go back! It was challenging in places for my dog but the scenic views are worth it!

Thursday, November 03, 2016

Make sure to take water, a few caves to crawl into to take snack breaks, all around good place.

Monday, October 31, 2016

Great experience here despite it being 85 degrees. Drought has all but dried up everything completely.

Friday, October 28, 2016

This was a lot of fun. Fairly difficult for our kids and dog but worth the time. The rope bridges and water made this hike great.

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Very nice hike around the lake an on to Edwards Point. Not very difficult but take plenty of water.

Friday, September 09, 2016

Great hike! Started with the rainbow lake trail up to signal point. Easy to follow and nice views of the lake and TN river at signal point.

Monday, September 05, 2016

Wednesday, August 03, 2016

great trail plenty of challenges great view Edward's point is a must

Saturday, July 30, 2016

very well marked. multiple great views