Rainbow Lake and Bee Branch Trail Loop

Rainbow Lake and Bee Branch Trail Loop is a 2.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Signal Mountain, Tennessee that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is best used from January until January. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.8 miles Elevation Gain: 370 feet Route Type: Loop

A message for entitled people who think their dogs are special and they don’t need leashes: PUT YOUR DOG ON A LEASH. Other than having to worry about my 10 pound dog getting eaten by-or biting-an irresponsible dog owners-dog...this is a beautiful trail. We’ve done two and will do them all. Hopefully the town of Signal Mountain can get it together and do something about their own leash laws so everyone can hike in peace-not just the special people with their special off-leash dogs.

This was a great trail with a lot of areas to adventure to.

Love this trail and the falls is beautiful!! Be sure to go after a nice rain as this falls tends to dry out. The description says a little over 2 miles but I didn’t think it was much further than a mile in. Nice area and friendly people. If you walk past the falls to the left you will come across an awesome swinging bridge that accesses other trails.

Dog friendly trail with awesome swim reward at the end.

The view at the very top is wonderful, the fall was pretty much dried at the time I hiked it. The hike was nice, worth the views!

Amazing hike. Went a month ago and I could tell there was landslide recently since there were a lot of downed trees and big rocks that were not there a month ago. Still worth it. Not too challenging

Great hike for an afternoon outing. Rainbow Lake and the dam are much prettier after we have rain. Please don’t leave trash!!!

The run to the lake from the parkinglot down rainbow lake trail is actually one of the best downhill rides in town. Ive made bee branch trail (blue) rideable as a more technical and more difficult but not as fast way to the lake. the swinging bridge at the lake is damaged, so be careful. i recommend not riding these trails unless you are expert level and very hiker respectful. some short areas of bee branch are still a small hike a bike for me after 20 years but they are totally do able. hidden lines exist for the even more daring. The damn is a spectacle as are the swinging bridges.

Did this with my 9yo son today. Trail was marked well. we enjoyed all of the rocks and creeks as well as the bridges and the waterfall. Overall easy until the end. Hoping to do it again in spring.

Great for hiking! Many ups and downs but the end is worth it!!

One of the easier trail heads in the Chattanooga area to find and use. The Bee Branch loop around Rainbow Lake is very well marked with signage and blazes. There a couple nice bluffs to walk out on, but no huge overlooks such as Snoopers Rock or Sunset Rock. The waterfall is definitely worth the hike. It is rocky in places but it’s still fairly easy to navigate. I wouldn’t call any of the inclines on this path very difficult. Plenty of dogs on the path. Will return. Loved this hike.

So beautiful especially after all the rainfall we’ve had! It’s possible to take little ones down to the falls without risking ledges and high parts. But after that, the trail is sometimes only visible by blue paint mark on the trees. My four pre-k son did the whole thing but we helped him cross the streams and held his hand over rocks. Loved the suspension bridges and the fall foliage! There were lots of little creeks to cross on the back side and some rocky parts to the trail. We will be back!

Nice surprise! Convenient!

good trail, some great views , cool suspension bridges. lots of downed trees, slipoery moss rock, roots, list the trail at one point, and had yo do some bushwacking

Plenty of parking. Easy most of the trail with some rocky areas around the creek. Lots of water in creek after lots of rain. Very pretty. We had small dog (9lbs). Had to carry over some rocks but she walked most all. Great hike.

Not my favorite, but good trail. I like the climb back up from the damn.

great place

Enjoyed the trail!! Great for kids and dogs!! Def one my fav and go to!

No kids

Sunday, March 25, 2018

So much to explore, beautiful falls!

Tuesday, March 06, 2018

great trail

Monday, February 26, 2018

Very nice trail.

Friday, February 09, 2018

beautiful and peaceful. love the falls.

Sunday, February 04, 2018

Make sure you watch the trail markers carefully

Monday, January 22, 2018

Great hike down to the creek and back. My 3 year old loved the swinging bridge.

Sunday, January 21, 2018

Some easy sections and some difficult areas. A little slippery with mud and leaves. Marked fairly well with blue marks most of the way. Three bridges to cross. Saw lots of dogs but it seemed like everyone was good about picking up after them. Parking lot is tiny but saw some parking along the road. We will be going back for sure!

Monday, December 25, 2017

I chose this hike, specifically to get to Edwards Point. It was a fairly easy and marked trail for 0.5 miles past the bridge. Unfortunately, the trail began to fade, fallen trees limited my accessibility, and I had to navigate my way back. I hope the next time I come to Chattanooga, the trail will be better marked and I will be able to get to Edwards Point. The trail overall was very clean and populated enough that I felt safe as a lone hiker.