Rainbow Falls Trail

Rainbow Falls Trail is a 5.5 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Gatlinburg, Tennessee that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

My wife and I really enjoyed the hike to rainbow falls. Despite some of the trail being burnt up from the fire, it was still beautiful. It was cool to see new life blooming where there was once distraction. Overall, it took us about three hours round trip.

This was a tough hike, but the destination was well worth the work to get there. It is a beautiful hike and a gorgeous destination. Coming down can be a bit of a doozy too. If you have bad knees, wear a brace! I took my 7 children ages 15, 13, 11, 8, 5, 3, and 1. I wore my youngest and my others made it every step!

April 11, 17. Wonderful trek for me and the family, Mama, Me and 12, 13 year olds. Everyone had some sore dogs by the finish. Great time. Headed downtown to walk the strip next. :)

We are Amateur hikers. It took us 3 hours to make it up to Rainbow Falls but only an hour a half to come back down. Good hiking shoes are needed. On this day it was sunny & about 77 degrees. Wildflower are blooming. The rhododendrons are not blooming yet but are everywhere & are green. Will probably bloom in another week or 2. We saw 3 white tail deer & 2 chipmunks. We did not get to see any bears. We did not need the jackets we brought. It was well worth the track up!! Really beautiful. Take lots of water.

As amateur hikers, this was the most difficult trail we have taken on so far. However, it was also the most rewarding with beautiful scenery of snow capped mountains and water streams! Appropriate hiking boots and attire a must.

Great trail. Lovely to see new life returning after the wildfires. Took me just over 5 hours from start to finish. Hiking shoes a must and be prepared to rock hop where the streams cross the trail(worse if it has rained recently.) A lot of the inexperienced hikers were being told 3 hours and under estimated the steepness. PLEASE leave pets and small children at home. Leave no trace.

Difficult and great hike. It took us 5 hrs there and back. I advise people to wear hiking boots. I don't recommend for small children.

This was a very challenging hike for me. It was well worth it once we got to the falls though. There is several good spots on the way up to stop and take a break though. The whole first half of the trail was pretty well burnt up from the wildfires. I was a little disgusted with how much trash/food I seen along the trail though. I passed several orange peels just tossed down the hill and once we reached the falls i saw a couple apple cores thrown under some rocks. Also noticed sever beer cans/water bottles thrown off the trail. We need to keep our parks clean people!

Nice trail, and waterfall. Traffic kinda heavy, but a nice overall hike.