Rainbow Falls Trail

Rainbow Falls Trail is a 5.5 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Gatlinburg, Tennessee that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

One of my favorite places in the Smokies!

Challenging course, but very doable with stops along the way. Completed the hike with my 15 year old and wife.

My family (wife and 2 boys - 10/12) made this hike today (July 17). It was a fairly strenuous hike but not too bad with periodic rest stops along the way. The trail was in good shape and there weren't large obstacles that needed to be traversed to complete the hike. I wouldn't recommend for young children but my 10 year old was able to handle it -- though it certainly was a workout for him. For families with younger children, the first 1/2 to 3/4 mile of the trail is very nice and offers nice views of the creek with some points of access to the water.

Gorgeous view after a fun challenge!

The end result of hike is breath taking!!

Great hike with our kids (15,14,12,10) and my 76!year old father. The beginning has rough footing, roots, rocks and everything else. But great view at the top and amazing falls.

Wonderful hike! Extremely rocky incline but once you make it to the falls you can climb on the rocks and cool off! I would definitely do it again!

This trail has plenty of scenic stops along the way that made it accessible to all levels. This only downside I could think of was the view along the way. I went in early May, and there was too much tree cover to see much of what you were climbing until you got to the top. However, the waterfalls were great spots to hang for a little before continuing on.

Wonderful trail in both the beginning and when you get to the higher elevation. Didn't get to see the falls at the end because we had to turn back to check out of our cabin, but even without them this trail shows a lot of what smokey mountain national park has to offer while connecting to other trails for a longer day trip.

One of my family's favorites! Have been hiking this trail every few years for the past 20 years, with my children from 8 years old and up. Looking forward to sharing this with my grandchildren in another 3-4 years. I would advise that you be in shape! The last bit up to the falls is strenuous. Fortunately the falls is a great place to hang out and enjoy a snack, and admire the natural beauty