Rainbow Falls

Rainbow Falls is a 3.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Reliance, Tennessee that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Rock Creek pours a total of 30 to 40 feet over a series of three distinct drops. The only really good vantage of all of them together is when the vegetation is not in leaf. While no formal name is given to the falls on the Cherokee National Forest trail signs, the same agency has it labeled on its online map entitled Chilhowee Trail System.

i good cold weather hike plus the falls were beautiful and not a soul in the woods. Very peaceful.

does anyone camp here?

I wouldn’t consider this hike “easy”. Near the end to get to the big water fall it’s more strenuous as you are basically rock climbing. I hike a ton so it wasn’t a big deal, but I feel more people should know this isn’t the easiest of hikes, especially if you are bringing a dog or children.

EZ trail but beautiful scenery. Progressively surrounded by cliffs on either side, waterfall is cool.

I’ve been in this trail twice so far and it’s my favorite hike to a waterfall. It is a easy hike, but the are two streams that you have to cross to get to the waterfall. It is a beautiful hike in the fall when the leaves are changing!

Walked this trail yesterday. It was very nice, with a nice waterfall at the end. There is also a nice swimming hole. The trail is wide enough and clear enough that you could wear shorts and not be brushing brushes. A little incline in a few spots, but mostly level. We will definitely go back and take friends here.

I love hiking, but I don't do it frequently. This was a fairly easy trail and the waterfall at the end was so very worth every step. My wife and I lost the trail for a while, but we kept going and it turned out we'd gone the correct way. We enjoyed this trail quite a lot and will be taking it again.

Fun, easy hike to a beautiful spot!

Gorgeous! We hiked it with our two kiddos and it was pouring rain. So much fun.

Very scenic and easy trail. Nice waterfall. I would do it again

can you camp one night here ??

Two water crossings. Good hike to take children on.

muddy trail from the night before small trail but with a four year old is kind of tough specially the two crossing creek carrying him across

Great trail. Cross over the river twice to keep to it.

beautiful waterfall, nice hike with 2 creek crossing

Nice trail. It had two river crossings.

Saturday, February 11, 2017

Feb 10, 2017, water was just right for crossing the stream. A few nice Hemlock trees left (they are being attacked by Adelgids). Nice rhododendrons to contrast with the unclothed white oaks, sweetgums and other hardwoods. The right side of the trail suffered from some recent burn scars. The fire did not cross the creek. The falls... lower which I believe to be Rattlesnake falls and the upper falls or Rainbow falls had a lovely flow. Great day for a hike and the trail is very easy to follow. Enjoy...

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Go past the first fall, it will be worth it.

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Boots required, moderate hike with great scenery and decent elevation gain. When not in drought two creek crossings that are slightly above ankle deep.