Rainbow Falls is a 3.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Reliance, Tennessee that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Rock Creek pours a total of 30 to 40 feet over a series of three distinct drops. The only really good vantage of all of them together is when the vegetation is not in leaf. While no formal name is given to the falls on the Cherokee National Forest trail signs, the same agency has it labeled on its online map entitled Chilhowee Trail System.

Nice hike. Amazing views of the water. plenty of places to go for a dip.

The reviews were a little misleading to me. It is rated Easy, and I/we would not. There were a lot of rocks to climb/descend especially near the falls. In my opinion this was harder than easy and would be more in line with moderate. Benton falls was way easier.

awesome hike some downed trees due to storm and higher river water but it is ok to cross in order to continue to the trail up to the waterfall where we were able to jump off a few times and swim under the sun. just beautiful . easy even with dogs and an 8 year old.

Excellent raw trail. Lots of interest. My wife and I took took this on in late afternoon. Lots of rain over the days before had Rock Creek flowing fast and high, turning the rock hopping jaunts into thigh-deep wading. Nevermind that. The reward at the in end was well worth it. The reward at the out end a downhill grade. Note: Lots of slick mud on the trail.
Also this is not a hard hike, but it did not seem particularly kid-friendly to us.

Easy hike. Great swimming holes!

LOVE THIS HIKE!! Super beautiful & love that you have to walk through water. Cools you off. Super peaceful & just simply amazing!

Beautiful hike!!

Easy hike (moderate with children in tow). Didn’t make it to the end because of little kids and worrying about crossing the water since it’s been raining and water was a little intense so I will try again next time with adults only. Loved the small area to let the kids down and play in the shallow water. Can’t wait to hike the rest next time!!

Loved this. Wasn't expecting to have to cross through the water but it was worth it.

Definitely wear your chacos/keens/waterproof shoes! I did the rocky ascent up to the second waterfall and it was beyond worth it. Just gorgeous.

Just slightly more than easy but a great hike...as others have said, bring an extra pair of shoes for the ride home. You will get up to your calves wading across the creek twice this time of year.

Easy in, easy out. Definitely one of the easier hikes near Chattanooga for the reward at the end. You’ll cross the stream twice before you make it to the falls, so be prepared to walk they water in worst case scenario. Round trip can be done in less than two hours for average hiker.

Beautiful trail. None of the signs say Rainbow Falls, though. Just stay to the right when the trail forks to go to the falls. There is a larger waterfall past the first one but it's rocky and difficult to get to. Worth it!

I loved this trail the falls is so unique and pretty. I would advise taking water shoes though. when u are almost to the falls u have to cross the creek 3 times... it was winter, we had no water shoes, but went for it anyway. no turning back we were almost there!!

Easy and nice Trail

it's not easy Gerry your miss leading people

lost 30 lbs on this hike. Hey Katelin had good time maybe we can do it in woods next time

Easy hike till very end at Falls, cross creek two times. But if you put in the effort and climb above this fall, there is a bigger one above it that is beautiful.

it's really NOT that easy for first time hikers but so beautiful .. definitely going again

i good cold weather hike plus the falls were beautiful and not a soul in the woods. Very peaceful.

does anyone camp here?

I wouldn’t consider this hike “easy”. Near the end to get to the big water fall it’s more strenuous as you are basically rock climbing. I hike a ton so it wasn’t a big deal, but I feel more people should know this isn’t the easiest of hikes, especially if you are bringing a dog or children.

EZ trail but beautiful scenery. Progressively surrounded by cliffs on either side, waterfall is cool.

I’ve been in this trail twice so far and it’s my favorite hike to a waterfall. It is a easy hike, but the are two streams that you have to cross to get to the waterfall. It is a beautiful hike in the fall when the leaves are changing!

Monday, July 31, 2017

Walked this trail yesterday. It was very nice, with a nice waterfall at the end. There is also a nice swimming hole. The trail is wide enough and clear enough that you could wear shorts and not be brushing brushes. A little incline in a few spots, but mostly level. We will definitely go back and take friends here.

Monday, July 31, 2017

I love hiking, but I don't do it frequently. This was a fairly easy trail and the waterfall at the end was so very worth every step. My wife and I lost the trail for a while, but we kept going and it turned out we'd gone the correct way. We enjoyed this trail quite a lot and will be taking it again.

Saturday, July 22, 2017

Saturday, July 08, 2017

Fun, easy hike to a beautiful spot!

Saturday, June 24, 2017

Gorgeous! We hiked it with our two kiddos and it was pouring rain. So much fun.