Rainbow Falls

Rainbow Falls is a 3.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Reliance, Tennessee that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Rock Creek pours a total of 30 to 40 feet over a series of three distinct drops. The only really good vantage of all of them together is when the vegetation is not in leaf. While no formal name is given to the falls on the Cherokee National Forest trail signs, the same agency has it labeled on its online map entitled Chilhowee Trail System.

Easy hike. Great swimming holes!

LOVE THIS HIKE!! Super beautiful & love that you have to walk through water. Cools you off. Super peaceful & just simply amazing!

Beautiful hike!!

Easy hike (moderate with children in tow). Didn’t make it to the end because of little kids and worrying about crossing the water since it’s been raining and water was a little intense so I will try again next time with adults only. Loved the small area to let the kids down and play in the shallow water. Can’t wait to hike the rest next time!!

Loved this. Wasn't expecting to have to cross through the water but it was worth it.

Definitely wear your chacos/keens/waterproof shoes! I did the rocky ascent up to the second waterfall and it was beyond worth it. Just gorgeous.

Just slightly more than easy but a great hike...as others have said, bring an extra pair of shoes for the ride home. You will get up to your calves wading across the creek twice this time of year.

Easy in, easy out. Definitely one of the easier hikes near Chattanooga for the reward at the end. You’ll cross the stream twice before you make it to the falls, so be prepared to walk they water in worst case scenario. Round trip can be done in less than two hours for average hiker.

Beautiful trail. None of the signs say Rainbow Falls, though. Just stay to the right when the trail forks to go to the falls. There is a larger waterfall past the first one but it's rocky and difficult to get to. Worth it!

I loved this trail the falls is so unique and pretty. I would advise taking water shoes though. when u are almost to the falls u have to cross the creek 3 times... it was winter, we had no water shoes, but went for it anyway. no turning back we were almost there!!

Easy and nice Trail

it's not easy Gerry your miss leading people

lost 30 lbs on this hike. Hey Katelin had good time maybe we can do it in woods next time

Easy hike till very end at Falls, cross creek two times. But if you put in the effort and climb above this fall, there is a bigger one above it that is beautiful.

it's really NOT that easy for first time hikers but so beautiful .. definitely going again

i good cold weather hike plus the falls were beautiful and not a soul in the woods. Very peaceful.

does anyone camp here?

I wouldn’t consider this hike “easy”. Near the end to get to the big water fall it’s more strenuous as you are basically rock climbing. I hike a ton so it wasn’t a big deal, but I feel more people should know this isn’t the easiest of hikes, especially if you are bringing a dog or children.

EZ trail but beautiful scenery. Progressively surrounded by cliffs on either side, waterfall is cool.

I’ve been in this trail twice so far and it’s my favorite hike to a waterfall. It is a easy hike, but the are two streams that you have to cross to get to the waterfall. It is a beautiful hike in the fall when the leaves are changing!

Walked this trail yesterday. It was very nice, with a nice waterfall at the end. There is also a nice swimming hole. The trail is wide enough and clear enough that you could wear shorts and not be brushing brushes. A little incline in a few spots, but mostly level. We will definitely go back and take friends here.

I love hiking, but I don't do it frequently. This was a fairly easy trail and the waterfall at the end was so very worth every step. My wife and I lost the trail for a while, but we kept going and it turned out we'd gone the correct way. We enjoyed this trail quite a lot and will be taking it again.

Saturday, July 08, 2017

Fun, easy hike to a beautiful spot!

Saturday, June 24, 2017

Gorgeous! We hiked it with our two kiddos and it was pouring rain. So much fun.

Friday, June 09, 2017

Very scenic and easy trail. Nice waterfall. I would do it again

Sunday, June 04, 2017

can you camp one night here ??

Monday, May 29, 2017

Two water crossings. Good hike to take children on.

Monday, May 29, 2017

muddy trail from the night before small trail but with a four year old is kind of tough specially the two crossing creek carrying him across

Sunday, May 14, 2017

Great trail. Cross over the river twice to keep to it.