Rainbow Falls

Rainbow Falls is a 3.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Reliance, Tennessee that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Rock Creek pours a total of 30 to 40 feet over a series of three distinct drops. The only really good vantage of all of them together is when the vegetation is not in leaf. While no formal name is given to the falls on the Cherokee National Forest trail signs, the same agency has it labeled on its online map entitled Chilhowee Trail System.

I’ve been in this trail twice so far and it’s my favorite hike to a waterfall. It is a easy hike, but the are two streams that you have to cross to get to the waterfall. It is a beautiful hike in the fall when the leaves are changing!

Walked this trail yesterday. It was very nice, with a nice waterfall at the end. There is also a nice swimming hole. The trail is wide enough and clear enough that you could wear shorts and not be brushing brushes. A little incline in a few spots, but mostly level. We will definitely go back and take friends here.

I love hiking, but I don't do it frequently. This was a fairly easy trail and the waterfall at the end was so very worth every step. My wife and I lost the trail for a while, but we kept going and it turned out we'd gone the correct way. We enjoyed this trail quite a lot and will be taking it again.

Fun, easy hike to a beautiful spot!

Gorgeous! We hiked it with our two kiddos and it was pouring rain. So much fun.

Very scenic and easy trail. Nice waterfall. I would do it again

can you camp one night here ??

Two water crossings. Good hike to take children on.

muddy trail from the night before small trail but with a four year old is kind of tough specially the two crossing creek carrying him across

Great trail. Cross over the river twice to keep to it.

beautiful waterfall, nice hike with 2 creek crossing

Nice trail. It had two river crossings.

Feb 10, 2017, water was just right for crossing the stream. A few nice Hemlock trees left (they are being attacked by Adelgids). Nice rhododendrons to contrast with the unclothed white oaks, sweetgums and other hardwoods. The right side of the trail suffered from some recent burn scars. The fire did not cross the creek. The falls... lower which I believe to be Rattlesnake falls and the upper falls or Rainbow falls had a lovely flow. Great day for a hike and the trail is very easy to follow. Enjoy...

Go past the first fall, it will be worth it.

Boots required, moderate hike with great scenery and decent elevation gain. When not in drought two creek crossings that are slightly above ankle deep.

Friday, June 10, 2016

A nice couple-hour (or less) hike. Elevation and slope are not bad, and the water crossings were easy for my wife and me. And we are both occasional hikers in our 50s. The falls are pretty, this is definitely worth doing, unless you are looking for a real physical challenge. parking is limited at the trailhead.

Friday, May 27, 2016

The trail was a little steep for kids after passing the small falls and the trail seem to go missing after coming to a small creek crossing. There were also many trees that had fallen over the trail. The best part was it poured rain on the way back, but found a nice cliff to get out of the down pour.

Saturday, February 27, 2016

Ya ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm just incase you want to hike this trail keep in mind there is water crossings, 2 of them. And if you hike the mountain side to the left of the trail it's 600 foot straight up to the next trail is Clemmer Trail. I wouldn't recommend this trail for anyone.

Sunday, November 15, 2015

Perfect hike! My 5 yr old even did it! Took us about 2 hours.