Radnor Lake South Lake Trail

Radnor Lake South Lake Trail is a 2.4 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Brentwood, Tennessee that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

Easy flat lakeside trail around Lake Radnor.

easy trail, actually whole family enjoyed it. First trail I have been on and seen wild life. saw two large owls,a fawn six deer, several turkeys all on one trip and they did not seem frightened they all got close to get a look at us. highly recommend you walk it if you enjoy wildlife.

Nice trail. It was crowded but not uncomfortable and plenty of space to walk. Saw Turkey’s, an owl, and a deer on our outing. Will go again.

I really enjoyed this Park. I was lucky enough to see a doe up close , turtles, a chipmunk and wild turkeys. The hike was beautiful and challenging in some areas, but I was carrying a heavy load due to training for the AT. I am from Florida and can’t wait to come back to visit .

I love all the nature right here in the back yard of our amazing city!!

dogs allowed on otter while on leash, not allowed on actual hike.
beautiful place, only bummer was how many people were there with their trash and kinda ruining it for. otherwise great little place hidden within the city

Great trail to spend an hour on after a day of work.

One of my favorite trails at Radnor Lake! Love the views of the lake through the trees.

Perfect setting walking around the lake. Bird and animal sounds the whole way. The second half of the hike follows a paved road that takes you out of the beautiful wooded environment. Very easy hiking. Went on an 80 degree sunny day so the path was dry.

Cool views

Beautiful sunset hike. The wild turkey calls on the walk made extra amazing!

Easily my favorite park and trail in Nashville

What a sweet spot! Amazing lake views and so many trails you can choose from. Dogs aren’t allowed on the trial but they are allowed on Otter Road which is just as beautiful. :) Perfect for an afternoon walk.

Although parking is at a premium, if you’re a bird watcher, it’s worth it. Very pretty scenery, even I the winter. Love anyplace with a bit of history. I’m not a huge fan of paved paths, but something about this place where I didn’t mind. Could have been the company too.

Heavy traffic, overcrowded parking area

Oh wow. Absolutely glorious

Beautiful view. Otter road is easy to walk. Pets aren’t allowed on the trails but are allowed on Otter Road.

Beautiful views. Very easy to walk

serenity at its best! awesome to get outside, get some fresh air and enjoy nature.

Great for a relaxing walk with the kids.

Although the water was green, and at times could get a little smelly, it wasn't overwhelming. So much wildlife! I saw multiple deer and turtles in addition to the millions of squirrels. Very easy hike with many options.

VERY LIMITED PARKING!

Beautiful hike. Lots of wildlife

I wish I could offer a rating but unfortunately I was unable to hike. Please be aware that there are two areas to park. When I arrived on a Sunday morning, there were lines of eight + cars waiting for people to leave, in order to park. I sat for ten-ish minutes (truthfully trying to figure out what was going on) and there was no movement. Thankfully I was able to U-turn out in both locations. But wasted drive and time to go to be turned away. Have a heads up that on lovely hiking days, this is not your location OR you need to get here early.

Gorgeous. Great views.

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

this is difficult for me to rate.. depends upon who you are and what you're looking for. there is a very well-marked two and a half mile walk around the lake it's perfect for a leisurely walk. or with children that can do with two and a half mile walk...you cannot jog on this path nor bring a dog. there is a path for a dog but it's basically a paved street.

my dog would have not liked it at all.

Saturday, July 08, 2017

Beautiful trails. Wildlife. Saw fawns and deer. Turtles.

Friday, July 07, 2017

Beautiful, well managed trail with a ton of wildlife to find. Great family, day hiking.

Sunday, June 11, 2017

Easy and great for small kids too.

Sunday, June 04, 2017

We hiked this trail the same day as the Ganier Ridge trail at Radnor Lake. We did this trail second so it was an easy cool down. Great views of the lake, but because it's an easier, paved trail there's a lot more visitors so it was a little crowded for my tastes, and we didn't see as much wildlife. If you're looking for something simple to walk with smaller kids and/or your dog then this is perfect.

Saturday, June 03, 2017

Easy flat walk- saw turtles, egrets, turkeys and deer.