Radnor Lake Ganier Ridge Trail is a 2.3 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Brentwood, Tennessee that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

partially paved

Beautiful lake view, had different trails from easy to difficult. There was more people than I would have liked but I see why, great little hike.

enjoyed it tremendously

I’ve never been disappointed with my time on this trail. It can get busy and parking is difficult @ times. Don’t let it scare you; be patient - it’s worth the wait!

I’ve been coming here since I was a kid 28 years now this is the nicest park there is. Always a ton of wildlife out I’m glad they have the rules they have there it keeps things nice. Parking is difficult if you go on the weekends but besides that no complaints.

This trail has strict rules. No running very little view of the lake the first half. So many people was just very disappointed. The park was nice just limited. Won’t go back

I've been on this trail several times and never been disappointed. I usually do the paved lake trail from the visitor center to the trail, and the nature is simply beautiful. Nowhere else in Nashville can you clearly see such biodiversity.

My husband and I did this loop and the south lake trail today less than two hours. Very nice. Bring walking poles and knee support if you have knee issues. Parking is limited btw.

I love all the nature in the back yard of our beautiful city!!

I thought it was beautiful, will definitely return

Ganier is a great shaded hike. Very rocky trail in some parts. Good workout if you are able to walk quickly up the ridge. Saw deer and turkeys today.

All types of level trails from easy to moderate. All tails are nicely marked and manicured. Very peaceful and beautiful even though it was quite busy. I would definitely go again!

No running. No camping. No venturing off trail. No picnicking. No biking. No parking outside the incredibly small designated lots within the designated lines. No talking. No breathing. Blah blah blah.
It annoys me when I go hiking and there are so many rules posted everywhere that I spend half the time running thru the list of ‘Don’ts’ instead of enjoying myself. Kinda takes the fun out of it all.
Overall it’s a nice trail particularly this close to Nashville. It was rainy and cold but it was still fairly crowded. I can imagine on a nice day tons of folks descending and maybe physically fighting over parking spaces (which could provide its own entertainment I suppose).
Trail was largely flooded while I was there however I would guess that’s typically not the case. It’s basically a pleasant stroll thru the woods. Nothing too strenuous.
Will look for different hikes next time I’m in the area.

Great hike, beautiful views. There were a lot of people but all of them were nice. On the way out there was a line of cars waiting for parking spaces, so get there early!

For hiking in Nashville, this is my favorite spot. It connects to the loop trail around the lake on both ends, so add this Gainer Ridge section for more of a challenge and gorgeous views. With the connecting loop trail, it’s about 3 miles total, not too difficult. Even though Radnor Lake is inside the city limits, 15 min. drive from downtown, you’ll feel far away from it all. There’s heavy foot traffic on weekends, but if you can catch this place when it isn’t crowded, it’s wonderful.

Good moderate trail with a nice little uphill section. The local wildlife doesn't seem to be afraid of people so they will stay close to the trail as you approach.

Great day hike in the city of you only have a few hours! The main lake trail tends to be a lot heavier trafficked than Gainer Ridge. Since it is a nature preserve, you are not permitted to leave the trail which is very clearly groomed and marked. This makes it a great place for a solo hike if you are new to solo hiking!

Awesome trail! Great view of the sunset and great sense of accomplishment

This park is stunning! The trail system is vast and has moderate up and downs. If you are looking for a nice, easy hike, then this is the trail system for you. Running the trails is strictly prohibited so if you are looking to trail run, look elsewhere.

Saturday, September 16, 2017

Nice walking trails. Great place to walk and talk with a friend or family. Jogging not permitted!

Thursday, August 17, 2017

Training hike for upcoming CO 14er hike.

Friday, July 14, 2017

I'm local and this is one of my favorite regular hikes. My routine is to park in the west parking lot (both lots will be totally full though on weekends by 9am), and get on the easy Lake Trail first around the lake, then catch Ganier ridge from the west side. (Feel it's a better climb from the west.) From there you can get on the paved path around the lake to get back to the parking lot (and you can run on the paved portion!), or cross over to the South Cove Trail for another climb, or just backtrack back to the parking lot. The paved road around lake will pretty much always be crowded, but the crowd thins out up on the Ridge since it offers a moderate climb and you can't have strollers, dogs, etc. there. Deer, turkey, woodpeckers, turtles, heron - see them every time I go. Occasionally catch a glimpse of an owl. Great place for some respite.

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Only one paved route where running is permitted. Mandatory walk for the rest of the trails. Great views, heavily trafficked, all other trails are mulched. Southern trail is good for a workout...

Friday, July 07, 2017

Friday, June 30, 2017

cool ass bird but like why is there a bench every 47ft?
also there were some noisy toads, ear plugs may be necessary. never thought I'd see a land crab in Nashville. very cool.

Sunday, June 11, 2017

One of the easiest trail we've been on. Great for small kids too.

Sunday, June 04, 2017

Great trail! Super easy to get to from the city. We hiked it in a steady rain and the trees are dense enough we didn't get terribly wet. There's some nice climbs with easy footholds so you'll get warm, but nothing too exhausting or challenging. Keep your eyes open and stay relatively quiet because we spotted at least 5 or 6 deer close to the trail that were very cool to observe.

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Easy trail, nice view, and it's within the Nashville area.

Monday, May 15, 2017

It's fairly steep for the first mile or so if you're coming in from the east parking lot. But the views and scenery are totally worth it. A must for an experienced beginner.

Saturday, May 13, 2017

Our fav at Radnor. Parking off of Franklin Rd can be a problem.