Learn more

Radnor Lake Ganier Ridge Trail

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(284)
Radnor Lake State Park

Radnor Lake Ganier Ridge Trail is a 2.3 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Brentwood, Tennessee that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 2.3 miles Elevation Gain: 367 feet Route Type: Loop

partially paved

This park re-opened for day-use visitation between 7am and sunset on April 24, 2020. The public will have access to most trails, boat ramps, marinas, golf courses and other outdoor recreation opportunities. Park facilities and overnight accommodations will remain closed, as will playgrounds and other social gathering places. See here for more info: https://tnstateparks.com/about/covid-19-closures Please note, dogs are only allowed on the paved roads.

Great trail. Parking can be a bit tough in the mornings, but once you are on the trail it’s very well maintained. Would recommend hiking shoes to help prevent ankle rolling on the inclines/declines.

Great hike

A great, not difficult hike when you have a couple hours to spare.

One of the shorter trails in the park, this route is specifically focused on Garnier Ridge. The Southern slope has some nice, mature hardwoods and long views across the hollows. From the East Lot, look for the trailhead near the right/back of the restrooms on the North side of the lot. There are a couple of splits on each side of the ridge; just take the Garnier Ridge route. At the bottom of the loop, you will turn onto Radnor Lake Trail heading south. Rather than following this section all the way to Otter Creek Road, look for a connector trail back to Garnier Ridge. At the next fork, head East back to the trailhead.

Love this trail!! Especially this time of year. So green.

Oh yeah!

My favorite trail at Radnor. Not super long, but a pretty hike. Some tricky spots that would be hard after a good rain. Varies in difficulty which was nice after the initial climb from East Parking Lot. I can see this being hard to navigate if very crowded. Path is pretty narrow most of the hike.

After a day of snow and rain, parts of this trail were a bit muddy as expected. A bit up and down which made it a short workout.

It was a pretty hike, we fell like it was easy not moderate. We are from Arizona, so compared to AZ hiking this was like a walk. It was nice to walk around the lake and see water.

Lots of deer, not many parking spots. Pretty strenuous for middle TN. Beautiful sunset.

Nice trail system but busy. Go early or when cooler out. This hike was done when it was about 40 degrees and after a day of rain and it was beautiful. The lake trail is nice but is the busiest. Both the garnier ridge and south cove loop are a little less traveled and were really nice with the downed leaves adding some color This recording is for the entire trail system.

I arrived at the park as the sun was coming up and walked the Ganier Ridge trail. There is enough elevation change to this walk that I took it slow. I saw many deer and lots of turkeys during the walk. Great park.

Pretty Cool Trail. A zigzag elevation on the Moderate Trail. Lots of tree vines and wildlife. This was a pretty neat place with it being located right in Nashville.

Good quick 2 miles. Heavy traffic.

ok, views we're limited

Great trail on a weekday! Radnor Lake State Park is usually really busy on the weekends - so busy that you typically have to wait in line to park. But during the week, this is definitely one of my favorite trails in Nashville area. Just enough elevation gain to get your heart pumping, well kept trail, and you’re guaranteed to see wildlife along the way.

Enjoyed the trail, shade and the wildlife. I’m glad we got there when we did because parking looks like it can be a challenge.

Thu Apr 18 2019

nice hike, went after a rain, so it was slick in some spots, but nice views, quiet

Thu Mar 21 2019

GORGEOUS!!! Hiked here 2001 and May 2003. Cannot wait to come back!

Tue Mar 12 2019

Clean, well maintained trail with enough incline to elevate your heart rate. Everyone raved about the wildlife, we saw two squirrels. There were lots of people so not the best if you want seclusion. We went at noon on a Wednesday and got the last parking spot. When we finished there was a line of cars waiting for people to return so they could park. I would go again.

Mon Jan 28 2019

nice little trail that gets you off the beaten path here and gives you a little elevation. I've done this trail several times. Always great for herds of deer.

Fri Jan 25 2019

This state park is very close to downtown yet you can submerge yourself completely to the nature while you hike. You may encounter deer or turkeys. I combine this trail and South cove and South lake trails. It is roughly 5 miles in total and takes 2.5 hours to complete. The trails have good elevation. The park is very clean, well maintained, and people who hike there are well mannered. Caveat is that it has limited number of parking spots, and you may end up waiting to get one longer than you anticipated, particularly when the weather is nice.

Thu Dec 27 2018

2 miles from my house...thus a great place to hike!

Tue Oct 16 2018

Beautiful lake view, had different trails from easy to difficult. There was more people than I would have liked but I see why, great little hike.

Sun Sep 02 2018

enjoyed it tremendously

Sun Aug 12 2018

I’ve never been disappointed with my time on this trail. It can get busy and parking is difficult @ times. Don’t let it scare you; be patient - it’s worth the wait!

Sat Aug 11 2018

I’ve been coming here since I was a kid 28 years now this is the nicest park there is. Always a ton of wildlife out I’m glad they have the rules they have there it keeps things nice. Parking is difficult if you go on the weekends but besides that no complaints.

Thu Aug 09 2018

This trail has strict rules. No running very little view of the lake the first half. So many people was just very disappointed. The park was nice just limited. Won’t go back

Mon Jul 09 2018

I've been on this trail several times and never been disappointed. I usually do the paved lake trail from the visitor center to the trail, and the nature is simply beautiful. Nowhere else in Nashville can you clearly see such biodiversity.