Piney Falls State Natural Area

Piney Falls State Natural Area is a 1.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Grandview, Tennessee that features a waterfall. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and nature trips. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

This hike was more difficult than anticipated. I wore chacos for the first time hiking, and that was a bad life decision. Wear good boots. Falls are beautiful but trail poorly marked to figure out how to get down to them. You are kind of in a maze with trial and error. Someone said follow the blue dots in the previous comments but the blue dots we followed took us way off path. Well worth the struggle to get to the falls though.

Very nice hike. In the rain it's a little tricky close to the falls. Directions did you they're perfectly but it's not marked all that well from parking I'll tell you I didn't have any trouble because there were many people here.

This was our first hike enjoyed it

Too much fun. We saw two falls in one short hike

beautiful! had a great time w my family!

Went with my parents and brother. Was a great time and the waterfalls were absolutely beautiful! Will definitely be coming back!

Had the trail to myself this past Friday. It was a beautiful Dogwood Winter day--crisp, cool, low humidity, and plenty of sunshine. The water was up and crossing above the falls was not a good idea. Took the trail around to the lower falls and enjoyed them. Piney Falls is beautiful and was flowing full. A short hike with a big reward at the end.

From gorgeous rock outcroppings to the 80 foot waterfall and lush forest, this trail was very enjoyable. We went off the trail to see some of the boulder formations, which is really what made the trail worth it! An older couple passed us and said, "Be sure to go down below the falls and view them from behind." We weren't sure which trail led to the bottom. We followed a blue marked trail others told us was it, that seemed to be the only one in sight. The leaf cover and extremely steep grade of this trail down the mountainside was so scary that we turned around. I hope this wasn't the trail down. I couldn't even stand up from the grade of it; I was crawling on all 4's hanging to nearby trees or else I would slip with each step on the slippery leaves. Surely this wasn't the right trail that the elderly couple had taken. We are in our early 20s and are avid hikers in the Smokies and all of Middle TN and usually we don't turn down any trails!

Hiked today for the first time. Very beautiful waterfalls! The trails need to be marked better ,but will definitely be back to hike it again!

Hiked on January 28, 2017. Loved it.