Piney Falls

Piney Falls is a 2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Grandview, Tennessee that features a waterfall. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and nature trips. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

Two beautiful large waterfalls and large rocks/boulders. Trails not marked well at all and wish I had more time to try to get to base of second fall. My dog had fun, but I was nervous about possible mishap in river current taking her over falls and some trails had to pick her up to get over rocks. I recommend leaving the dog home if you plan to take some of the off the beaten path trails.

Not moderate! We tried to find the trail on the other side of the Upper Falls.amd the blue dots.were very confusing, even for experienced hikers.

2 beautiful large waterfalls. It is pretty dangerous near the tops of the falls. You can walk behind the upper falls and the trail keeps going but then we lost it so had to cross the river rather than backtrack. Don't follow the blue blazes; it looks like somebody went crazy with the paint can

nice hike

trails do need to be better marked but other than that it was great time with the family..

The upper falls are quite spectacular, and a short hike in from the road. We got lost a few times, trails not upkept or well marked in places. Our dog had a great time!

Steep....

Beautiful !! Great for a day hike. Went to the upper falls. It is a bit treacherous. The trail runs the edge of the cliff in places and one place there is a rope to hold on to at a steep descent . Large hemlocks Bring a chair a great place to sit for hours

Don't let it fool you

One of my favorite trails

Hike was more difficult than I expected. Wish the trails would have been better marked so we could have gone to the bottom of the upper falls, but we didn't know how to get there.

Pretty easy to fail with two very large waterfalls. the trail does loot down below the upper paws where you can walk behind the waterfall but is difficult two find the trail leading down to that area. Also has a very large nice swimming hole!