Piney Falls

Piney Falls is a 2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Grandview, Tennessee that features a waterfall. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

The falls were gushing since there was so much recent rain. We couldn't cross or go under the falls but truly a sight to see!

We took this trail on January 7th when temperatures were in the 20s at best. From the magical icicles hanging along the trail to the nearly frozen falls, it was absolutely beautiful!

Both of the waterfalls were amazing! The upper falls has a trail that leads to the base that continues across the creek (its hard to find, but there is a marker). There is a rope for you to hold onto when going down to the base. Its steep, but I did not have any trouble. The lower falls doesn't have a trail to the bottom that I could find, and I wasn't brave enough to make my own. Definitely a place you should check out!

Loved this hike & Im a beginner. Luckily I was with some experienced hikers as the sign was removed that led to the big falls. When you see the sign that points to “lower falls,” turn right instead!! Lol

Great place to have a snack and a beautiful view

Two beautiful large waterfalls and large rocks/boulders. Trails not marked well at all and wish I had more time to try to get to base of second fall. My dog had fun, but I was nervous about possible mishap in river current taking her over falls and some trails had to pick her up to get over rocks. I recommend leaving the dog home if you plan to take some of the off the beaten path trails.

Not moderate! We tried to find the trail on the other side of the Upper Falls.amd the blue dots.were very confusing, even for experienced hikers.

2 beautiful large waterfalls. It is pretty dangerous near the tops of the falls. You can walk behind the upper falls and the trail keeps going but then we lost it so had to cross the river rather than backtrack. Don't follow the blue blazes; it looks like somebody went crazy with the paint can

trails do need to be better marked but other than that it was great time with the family..

The upper falls are quite spectacular, and a short hike in from the road. We got lost a few times, trails not upkept or well marked in places. Our dog had a great time!

Steep....

Beautiful !! Great for a day hike. Went to the upper falls. It is a bit treacherous. The trail runs the edge of the cliff in places and one place there is a rope to hold on to at a steep descent . Large hemlocks Bring a chair a great place to sit for hours

Don't let it fool you

One of my favorite trails

Hike was more difficult than I expected. Wish the trails would have been better marked so we could have gone to the bottom of the upper falls, but we didn't know how to get there.

Pretty easy to fail with two very large waterfalls. the trail does loot down below the upper paws where you can walk behind the waterfall but is difficult two find the trail leading down to that area. Also has a very large nice swimming hole!

Beautiful waterfall ❤

This hike was more difficult than anticipated. I wore chacos for the first time hiking, and that was a bad life decision. Wear good boots. Falls are beautiful but trail poorly marked to figure out how to get down to them. You are kind of in a maze with trial and error. Someone said follow the blue dots in the previous comments but the blue dots we followed took us way off path. Well worth the struggle to get to the falls though.

Very nice hike. In the rain it's a little tricky close to the falls. Directions did you they're perfectly but it's not marked all that well from parking I'll tell you I didn't have any trouble because there were many people here.

This was our first hike enjoyed it