Piney Creek Trail

Piney Creek Trail is a 0.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Spencer, Tennessee that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Probably my favorite place at Fall Creek Falls State Park!!!! It's part of the lower loop and really made my hike crossing it!!!! Probably for this trail itself, it might be short and disappointing to many, so I definitely suggest trying the lower loop or a better part of it. I like this area much more than the cane creek area, which must be why I was disappointed when I asked about the suspension bridge and the ranger sent me to cane creek. Don't get me wrong that's a gorgeous sight as well!

This out and back was a bit disappointing for me. I encountered a wide open trail that was basically an abandoned jeep trail. This is very easy trail, with some mild climbing involved, and no technical areas to overcome. Good for any beginner/novice rider.

Trail hasn't been cleared for a while to the top of the falls but a beautiful falls

Local to this area and love this place. Home sweet home to me.

This was me basically begging to continue hiking this day; we had seen Falls Creek Falls & been disappointed; however, I had heard this waterfall had a suspension bridge; boy were we surprised. There was beautiful water to be seen just over the edge & at one look-off you can tell there is a HUGE waterfall in the distance beyond the trees. However, if you actually go over the suspension bridge & past a little "hidden" path along the river there is a walkway like someone else mentioned (almost like tricky stairs alongside a rock wall). BE CAREFUL if it has rained, or hasn't. It is slimey, no matter. Keep going & soon you will be RIGHT ABOVE the falls to your right. It is visually stunning & totally worth the bit of an adventure to get there!

Not sure if I'm reviewing under the correct trail... there is a Piney Creek Falls Trail that connects to the Bike Trail at Fall Creek Falls Park - bikes are not permitted on the trail & it'd be close to suicidal to ride bike on it...

However, the trail is 1.85miles long (per park trail map) and is...breathtaking. You can take the path down to the overlook first. It's got stairs that are at an odd distance/height that take you to a trickier path of rocks that may have been intended to be sorta stairs? (Wear shoes with traction, watch your step & don't do them drunk) There is an interesting large rock that looks like a hand & another that has a built-in dog waterbowl.

The view of Piney Falls is awesome - as in you'll be in awe.

More deets, tips & pics on my blog, including the suspension bridge & a suggestion. ;-)