Petes Branch Falls is a 3.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Erwin, Tennessee that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.8 miles Elevation Gain: 741 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Lots of creek crossings .

Multiple creek crossings. I managed to only have to wade 3 times. Much of this trail is a 4x4 forest road. I encountered jeeps, trucks, motorcycles, and bicycles. Nice falls at the end and no one else in sight there.

There are at least 2 stream crossings that you can't avoid getting your feet wet.

Trees have fallen and it's very over grown on the trail but worth the hike to get to the fall. Would do it again. We had 3 dogs when we went they had to problem. There is 9 creek crossing to get to falls though. So wear good shoes.

Fri May 31 2019

Not a difficult hike, but not well marked and overgrown.

Tue Mar 19 2019

Took my senior dog yesterday and the creek crossings were a bit more difficult than expected. I was able to hop on some rocks and keep my shoes from getting too wet but the water was up to my dogs chest and she was having a pretty hard time due to the water temp. After about a mile on an old forest road, we came to a fork in the trail and there was a sign pointing in the direction of "Pete's Branch Trail" and 2 other destinations. I figured Pete's Branch Trail was different than the falls. I also noticed red tree markings on the other path (where the Pete's Branch Trail" sign was located. So we took a left and gave up after about half a mile. We never noticed any blue tree markings. Still a nice day in the woods.

Sat Nov 24 2018

The waterfall is beautiful with recent rain. A lot of the trail is along a ATV road but beyond that it’s a nice hike.

Sun Sep 23 2018

This trail follows a rough gravel road for a little over a mile. With a mild incline and several tricky creek crossings but still manageable to cross. Once the road ends you follow the blue markers for Pete's Branch Falls on the left for another half mile to the falls. Definitely worth the trip out there. The falls are amazing!

Wed Jul 11 2018

great trail, easy to follow. about 7 creek crossings. I went after a lot of rain and the creek was high, but still passable. the falls we're beautiful.

Fri Feb 23 2018