Learn more

Percy Warner Paved Trail

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(282)
Percy Warner Park

Percy Warner Paved Trail is a 5.8 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Nashville, Tennessee that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 5.8 miles Elevation Gain: 587 feet Route Type: Loop

wheelchair friendly

stroller friendly

paved

Well maintained except for signage. Poorest marked trail we’ve ever riden

For a paved trail, this is surprisingly fun. The forest enveloping the trail is gorgeous. There’s a good deal of elevation gain on the first half of the trail, so expect a good little workout (especially on the first half of the route).

Beautiful paved trail. Gorgeous lush canopy of trees the whole way. Great place to escape the heat. Beautiful rolling hills

Percy Warner entrance under construction, went to Chickering trailhead to park instead and used Chickering connector to get to trailhead. Ended up being an even 8 miles. Awesome trail though, lots of dogs out and well marked/easy to follow

Wide, paved trail in great condition. Great shade. Well marked. Minimal debris. Suitable for walking, running, cycling.

Perfect trail for a middle-distance run in a beautifully shaded forest environment. Can hardly believe this is within the city. The tree canopy provides good sun protection and even a rain buffer (if it’s not actually storming). Two things to note: 1) It’s hilly, so it’s not exactly a walk in the park and 2) It’s length and hills don’t make it great for taking little kids (under 4) deep into it.

Had fun on this trail! Beautiful way to celebrate God’s creation during Covid-19.

Long trail, advise against taking children

So happy Warner Park finally closed off more road to cars. It's nice to walk and not worry about being run over! This is a challenging walk, but really nice. Plenty of spots to sit and enjoy nature. Don't skip the Luke Lea Overlook!

Paved road loop. Plenty of activity but not a bad walk

8 miles 5 hours

6 miles 3.5 hrs non stop (15 mins)

David Caroline Walk at Percy Warmer during the weekend of Dads passing. 1.8 miles sat and the test I walked solo Sunday

The weather was perfect today with highs in the low 60s and plenty of sunshine. One bit of excitement occurred right on the front end of the hike in that a buck came out onto the middle of the walkway from the parking lot to the trail. Then he stood there interacting with some of the people, and not in a good way. He charged several people and we don’t know if he was not feeling well, or if he was just being aggressive because of the season of the year. Anyway it was a great day for a hike and we thoroughly enjoyed this location today.

This paved trail is my absolute favorite! You can take your dogs (on leash), and the trail is mostly shaded, which makes it cool even in the summer. I park at the Deep Well entrance and hop on from there. This hike definitely contains a lot of hills, so I call it a bit of a “tush push” which is great for building booty! I definitely recommend going during the day and when school is in session, as this park can be very busy. It is lovely to hike even in the dead of winter.

Trashy air and death muted people. The walk

Beautiful trail. Would not agree that this is a moderate difficulty trail. In no way am I super fit, but saw expert cyclists struggling up what seemed to be a never ending hill. Loved the ride though and can't wait to go back and better our performance.

Great long hike. Pup enjoyed it , I enjoyed it - everyone’s happy.

Mon Jun 17 2019

Great hike on a sunny hot day...mostly shade.

Tue Jun 04 2019

It's a good trail but if you are looking for quiet do not go here.

Sun May 26 2019

I am new to the area. I didn’t just do the Percy Warner Paved but combat Mossy Ridge Trail to extended trail longer total 9 miles. I enjoy both trails a lot, Especially Mossy Ridge Trail. If you have the AllTrails app on your phone you won’t get lost like most people says. I would definitely come back again

Sun Apr 21 2019

Great paved trail (5.8 miles) that loops the park. Do look at a map before you set out on foot to get a barring of your trails . The paved portion isn’t marked, so knowing the internal trails within the paved loop may help to get you back to your starting point. People are friendly too, if you get lost , you’ll get help .

Fri Apr 05 2019

8 miles 5 hrs

Tue Apr 02 2019

Some of it was paved and I did like a detour where some of it was not! All in all it’s a good hike. A lot of fun if you are looking for a stroll in the woods but at the same time a little bit of seclusion.

Sat Mar 23 2019

Long but good to bring a dog many non paved paths to check out as well definitely come back!

Sun Mar 10 2019

Trail was a nice outing with it raining the last 3 days. There were a good amount of hills but nothing to crazy. There were narrow parts that cars could also drive which made us pull off of the trail and stop. Overall it was an enjoyable hike.

Tue Dec 25 2018

Loved this paved trail. I wish it had more signs as we got lost for a while trying to find the exit. But that’s my only complaint, overall I loved the paved hiking option. Beautiful scenery, friendly people. Will make it a ritual of coming here to this beautiful trail as I now visit Nashville a few times per year.

Sat Nov 03 2018

Thu Oct 04 2018

Amazing bike ride. I will say that the route for the 11.2 mile loop is not well marked. I would like to see Alltrails add it to their list of options. I will go back now that I have the app on my phone and familiarize myself with the 5.8mile loop then try the 11.2 later. The downhill portion is a lot of fun...be careful with a lot of leaves and debris on the road that you pay attention!!!! Enjoy