Percy Warner Paved Trail

Percy Warner Paved Trail is a 5.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Nashville, Tennessee. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for walking, trail running, and road biking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

wheelchair friendly

My daughter and I ran 4 miles of this trail on a Tuesday in early April. Very nice, wide, well-marked paved trail. Like so many Tennessee trails, this one’s got some significant elevation changes, especially for flatlanders from the Midwest. Nice, though. Would do it again. Pretty too, in the Spring.

Not a huge fan of paved, but before you know it, you’re breaking a sweat. So pretty. Great for bird watching. Shaded.
Last time I was there I saw a car that had been broken into at the Deep Well entrance off TN-100. So hide your valuables.

If you are looking for a secluded paved walk in the woods with some mileage and exercise benefit, this is about as good as it gets in Nashville.

I used this paved trail to get to another trail I hiked. I started at the deep well parking lot and did not walk the entire loop. What I did walk was beautiful and had steep incline. There were lots of people which made me feel more safe. I will return to hike other trails off this trail!

New to the area and this was my first trail that I sort of stumbled upon. Was looking for the Chickering Road trailhead entrance when I came across Deep Well Trailhead that leads to this 5.8 mile loop. It was an absolutely GORGEOUS hike with a few steep hills and inclines. Nicely paved trail the entire way and there are other trails that go “off the beaten path” if that’s more of what you prefer. I went on a week day mid morning and saw at least 15-20 others so seems to be a fairly busy trail....which can be refreshing when you’re a solo female hiker like myself. Thoroughly enjoyed this place and will definitely be back.

recorded PW 5.8 loop