Spring Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started
Learn more

Ozone Falls is a 0.3 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Rockwood, Tennessee that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, nature trips, and bird watching and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 0.3 miles Elevation Gain: 111 feet Route Type: Out & Back

From Clarksville take Arkansas 21 north for 18 miles.

No real defined trails but this place is gorgeous! you can easily walk back behind the waterfall and sit in the natural amphitheater. The water is super clear and pretty, perfect for wading or swimming.

Very short trail to the basin, but you do have to navigate over rocks. Be sure to go down further to the right, so you can see the cascades below Ozone.

I've seen my fair share of waterfalls and this is one of the absolutely most beautiful I've gone. It is BREATHTAKING. We went on a drizzly day so we had the place to ourselves. There was mist throughout the little gorge area and the plants were shiny, it truly looked magical with the bright turquoise water. The rocks were pretty slick, especially with the semi-steep climb down, but very doable and the trail is very short with huge reward.

This is a fun hike. If you just want a look at the falls it’s a easy few minutes to the top of falls, if you want a more challenging hike you can climb down the rocks to the bottom, it does get slick in some areas . It’s a great hike in the summer to take a swim or eat a picnic by the falls.

Another great waterfall trail. Did this after Piney falls on 2-9-20. They are fairly close to each other. Easy hike. Beautiful waterfall. Highly recommend.

Stopping at Ozone Falls is a great way to take a break from the highway. If you walk to the top of the waterfall it’s flat and literally a short stroll from the car. If you go to the bottom it’s a little more effort with some rock scrambling, but well worth it. Stunning waterfall! We stopped on a warm Sunday afternoon in the winter so it was quiet but I imagine it gets busy in the summer!

A beautiful park and view from the top of the waterfall. If you want something more rugged it's absolutely beautiful at the base. This can be a quick stop off the road, All Trails has this listed at .30 miles but when I went all the way to the base wandered around a bit with my dogs, came back up and went to the top and back to the car I was clocked at .90

Says no pets on sign. Worth seeing - but not really a hike. Top of falls - maybe 1/10 mile, flat. To bottom of falls basically a rock climb.

I was traveling through and wanted to stop for a short hike. It was a very short hike and the view from the top and bottom was amazing! Scrambling down was tough for me with a bum knee but I took my time and all was well. (Couldn't have done it without my trekking pole). Loved the rock wall and waterfall, of course. It had been raining so it was quite slick in areas. It made my hours driving the rest of the trip more durable!

Awesome view. Short trail and both top and base view are beautiful! If you are into off roading the Nemo Train Tunnel is a great ride. Go down to the river!!!

Getting to the base of this 110-foot waterfall includes a rocky trail which can be very slippery following rain or heavy mist from the falls. Volume of water varies with weather. When low, it's easy to walk behind the falls and cross the stream, and the water vanishes underground into the plunge pool to re-emerge not far away. Heavy water volume limits mobility near falls. A short hike with a great view & definitely worth a visit!

The falls were pretty what i could see of them But please note, while the TOP of the falls is an easy walk, to get the the bottom is basically scaling down a VERY steep, rocky canyon edge. It is not easy in any way, though not very long. But if you have any mobility issues it would be near impossibly to get down there.

This is definitely not pet friendly. the top waterfall trail is easy but the bottom hike is more of a climb. Super quick and beautiful though!

Very nice little side trip. Whenever I 40 is shut down due to traffic I will Cut through the area. It is a very short hike but a really pretty waterfall.

The trail down was rocky but not difficult unless you have trouble with stairs. Small children definitely need help. I have been wanting to visit this waterfall for quite awhile. The pictures I’ve seen of the waterfall and pool at the base are beautiful, so I was disappointed to see that there was only a small trickle of water. The creek bed was dry, and the leaves have not changed colors yet. But I still give this a 4 as the rock wall surrounding the falls are simply amazing. I happily explored the area and thought it was very cool to see what usually may be under water. I visited the falls on 10/11/19. I will definitely be back after they have had some rain.

The trail to the base of the falls is relatively short. It is quite rocky so wear good shoes. The falls were not very heavy since we've had a dry spell but it is still quite beautiful and relaxing. The trail is not as long as my recording shows. I forgot to turn off the app.

Really enjoyed the beautiful waterfall. A very short moderate hike with a rewarding view.

You can't see a thing from the upper falls and it's pretty dangerous up there. The lower falls trail I had my dog and didn't feel like climbing over big boulders with her so I can comment on the lower trail. The parking lot only holds about 5 cars and there is a gravel road across the street but I'm not sure you're supposed to park there but I did.

Beautiful. We got started nice and early, not to many people and the weather was great. We really took our time both ways up and down. There was so much to explore and the water was chilly but refreshing. Moderate is accurate, little hikers may need some additional help navigating some of the terrain on the back up. I'll be back to hike it again in the fall.

short hike but absolutely sweet payoff. be great for a summer morning swimming hole. falls are stunning.

Such a great hike, the upper trail is very easy, not very difficult to follow or any loose rocks. The trail to the bottom of the waterfall is a little more difficult. If it has rained at all the rocks are very slick and slippery and there is not much to hang on to for balance. It’s definitely worth the hike down and back up, however. Great swimming hole and amazing view.

Beautiful Waterfall. con: lots of rocks, but worth it. Lower trail is NOT for small children or dogs

I would recommend wearing regular shoes or hiking shoes. No sandals or flip flops during the decent. Beautiful view and nice cool spray at the bottom from the falls!

Awesome place....rocky on way down but not that bad. I did it with my 3 children 11, 5, and 4 as well as, my dog. Nice swimming hole. Only let down is the idiots that leave behind glass bottles.

recorded Ozone Falls