Old Trace Garrison Creek Loop Trail

Old Trace Garrison Creek Loop Trail is a 1.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Franklin, Tennessee that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, birding, and horses and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

bridge out

Trail begins behind restrooms. This is a good hike to do with young kids. Short enough to keep them interested and long enough to give them a good workout. Great for introduction to hiking. Short little loop hike that begins behind the bathrooms at the Garrison Creek Trail off of the Natchez Trace in Franklin. This is a pretty easy hike that almost anyone could do. The climbs are not that steep or long. The trail is always easily located, wide and with limited to no obstacles.

Very muddy in some parts. Only one overlook on the short loop.

Most of the hike was great. The first part of the path was VERY overgrown and wasn't great. Also, the end part of the path continued through a creek bed which was fine if you had a horse or didn't mind wading through the water to get to the other side of the trail. Other than that, beautiful forest scenery.

This is a wonderfully peaceful trail. I recommend it to anyone trying to get a break from the city.

Beautiful area, nice trail, but POORLY marked. We will go back but be prepared to get turned around your first there.

Nice short loop trail. I had no issues with any water crossing. I liked that the crescendo of hike is basically midway (which is where you can branch off toward another trailhead). Slightly overgrown only for a short segment. Shelter and rest rooms a bonus.

To me this trail was not worth it. I went here because I wanted a change from Radnor or the Warner parks. I am pretty adventurous and love hiking, but after hiking a half mile on this trail I turned around and went to Radnor. The weeds were extremely overgrown and every 10 steps I was wiping away spider webs from my face (I ignored the ones on my legs and arms). While the drive around the Nachez Trace is worth it, I won't be back to attemp this trail.

If you do try this trail, make sure you where pants and prepare to get your feet wet in the creek crossings.

NOTE - if you hike this trail it would be good to bring a towel or two - there are two crossings over the creek that you will get your feet wet - we took our boots off and had to dry our feet w our shirts. There really needs to be a bridge built (where there once use to be one) on this trail.