Old Stone Fort Loop Trail

Old Stone Fort Loop Trail is a 2.9 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Manchester, Tennessee that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

21 minutes ago

The trail was easy and pleasant. We were caught in the middle of a rain storm during the hike, but still enjoyed it. Water does to pool pretty deep in several areas of the cleared trail, but we sort of stuck to the sides of the trail to keep from soaking our socks. Overall a great hike and lovely falls!

First trail in Tennessee. It was pretty easy for me, but there are a few places that could cause concern on footing. Went after a rain, so some slippery places. water falls are beautiful, the ruins are in good shape and a lot of history.

Great trails and very close to our home. Waterfalls are fun. Our male dog Tristan enjoyed his time during our visit in 2014

Honestly, I can't quite put my finger on why I found this hike so "meh," I just did. The weather was gorgeous, the trails were fairly empty (I went on a Monday), and the waterfalls were lovely, but I just didn't love this hike. It wasn't very easy to get down to the water for a closer view of the falls, and once I got down there, the paths were very narrow and the rocks were very slippery. I had my dog on a leash, and I was terrified she was going to make me fall, but I also worried about her getting too close to the edge of some parts of the path that were narrow and on the edge of the cliff. Im not sure I'd feel comfortable taking children on this hike for those reasons alone. Overall, though, it was a pleasant afternoon and I'm glad I went. I'm just not going to put this one at the top of my list.

Great beginners spot. Lots to explore, well marked trails. Beautiful small falls. Would return for sure.

Amazing!