Old Stone Fort Loop Trail is a 2.8 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Manchester, Tennessee that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.8 miles Elevation Gain: 278 feet Route Type: Loop

This park re-opened for day-use visitation between 7am and sunset on April 24, 2020. The public will have access to most trails, boat ramps, marinas, golf courses and other outdoor recreation opportunities. Park facilities and overnight accommodations will remain closed, as will playgrounds and other social gathering places. See here for more info: https://tnstateparks.com/about/covid-19-closures

I love this trail and would have loved it more if it hadn’t rained a lot the night before. Parts of it, esp. the Backbone trail are rocky/wet and the river section is a bit difficult to follow (or I went off-trail...). If you’re going after rain bring hiking poles; parts of the decline off the hill gave me ridgetop Colorado mountain vibes. But gorgeous all around and I suggest taking detours to see the falls and the river!

Was better than I had expected. Nice trail with stops at a number of waterfalls, add in the backbone trail and the moat trail and this makes for a nice day hike.

Love love love this trail. So much to see. Great for kids.

It was great to get out in nature after the stay in place episode. The trail is well maintained and trafficked. We saw two non-poisonous snakes, one on the rocks by the river and the other at the end of the trail, both enjoying the sun. There are several nice water scenic areas to enjoy along the trail.

Awesome!!! Open during Covid and museum/shop was open as well- absolute blast with the family!

Beautiful trail with a lot of history. It’s in great condition and the weather has been perfect for it recently!

First solo hike today and fell in love with this trail!

Waterfalls fully activated !

Glorious day! Love this place. Water cleaner than I thought. Trail well-maintained and well-marked. Quite a bit of people out there, but they were nice, so that helps :-)

Great trail, way better than I expected.

The was our first hiking experience and I must say it was absolutely amazing! I have 2 kids; 7 & 4 and they did great! We are adventurous so we ventured on the lower trails by the waterfalls, but there are also higher trails that are on a flatter surface! The sounds of the waterfalls are so peaceful!! We will definitely be marking this on our favorites!

Loved hiking here! The main trail offers various alternate trails that are both marked and reroute your back. The sound of the waterfalls is seriously calming. The major amount of tree coverage helped keep the trails cool and comfortable.

Great trail for children to be able to play in the water. My children ages were 15 and 10.

If you follow the map They’re actually 2 trails combined 4 miles long. Very beautiful, easy and so relaxing.

Great area for either a basic walk or a little more challenging hike.

Absolutely my favorite trail near Nashville. Great if you’re a history buff, with Native American and pioneer structures to explore. This hike can be easy if you just stay on the path, but is manageable for beginners and super rewarding and exciting if you hike down to all the falls and rapids. This is an awesome trail to keep coming back to.

Day enjoying photography

Attended the park first week of November. Enjoyable walk with scenic waterfalls on the Duck and Little Duck rivers. Nice day trip to Manchester.

Quite on the trail today! Love it!

the overlook is phenomenal.

Great and easy hike, we accidentally went to the right leaving the museum so we were backwards. A very special site. If you go to the left you will learn the incredible history provided on the signs in a more sensical order :). Mostly shaded trail with many beautiful falls!

Great water falls to play in, amazing time.

Although I love the hike, the steep drop off is avoided when I bring my dog and daughter, we take the car path for part of the walk and then the safer wooded path back to our parked car. Overall love this place, and it is beautiful!

beautiful place with lots of history. love the sound if the water all along the trail

Great hike with a series of gorgeous waterfalls. Went on a weekday and had the trail almost entirely to myself and the pup!! Fully shaded if you stick to the woods and hike along the outer wall along the water, just be careful of the steep drop-offs if you do bring your 4-legged friend :)