Old Stone Fort Loop Trail

Old Stone Fort Loop Trail is a 2.9 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Manchester, Tennessee that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Loved this loop and this whole state park today!! I went with my two dogs and we had a blast exploring the park, the river, and all of the waterfalls. The loop gives options for how hard you want the hike to be. You can scoot your way up and down the hillside to get in the water, or you can walk around on more of the flat terrain. Absolutely want to go again!

very nice trails with many side trails along the water. beautiful water falls. the backbone ridge trail was more challenging terrain and provided some interesting views.

Many Beautiful waterfalls, trails for all skill levels

beautiful trail. I started ar the museum, took photos at the blue hole falls, took more at the big falls, decided to try the back bone trail because it was the least popular. there's roots, rocks, drop offs, duck pond, one kind of steep incline. it's not a long trail so, I decided to explore the old fort trail. what a surprise... more waterfalls. these were called abandoned waterfall. I scrambled down the rocks and took more pictures. they are not looking hikes but the scenery is fantastic and if you go to backbone you'll be alone as if you are in the back country. you need great trail shoes for backbone and hug some trees to get around. it was marked by red state park emblems on the trees.

Very nice trail for checking out waterfalls and wild flowers. Not too strenuous, and several side trails for exploring.

Very nice

This is a very easy but relaxing trail.

Easy and short and the river is close and loud so it clears your head. cool facts on the area with the stone fort, ancient people's and the mill

This is one of the nicest facilities I’ve been to. Ranger office with restrooms & trail maps. The trails were mostly easy but there were parts that were moderate climbing and steep incline. The falls are beautiful!!! Ive never been to one place with so many falls. I would love to return here to hike again!

I love this trail. I live in the neighborhood across the street so anytime I want that hiking experience but can't go anywhere else due to plan or such, I do this trail. you can make it as easy or hard as you want. around the field is easy, the lower trails feel like more hiking. there are 7 waterfalls and all are accessible. I love bringing my camera and living the peaceful experience. worth every minute.

Beautiful trail. My husband and I camped here for a week and utilized all the available trails. Thoroughly enjoyed, was kept up nicely. We even had a group of deer that didn’t seem to mind us one bit while hiking.

Nice place to walk dogs, not far from interstate

Great spot for a short hike, weekends are crowded. Definitely going back sometime during the week when less people are there. Nice waterfalls and beautiful views. Wouldn’t mind camping here.

Very nice trail, but it isn't very well marked, we felt like we were off the trail a lot of the time when we weren't. Not a deal breaker at all. Avoid the backbone trail if you aren't very agile, it's really not marked well and is the most difficult there so says the ranger. We had to turn back.

Definitely do the Backbone. It was so beautiful I felt like I was on the AT

Just an all around great park , plenty of scenic views and waterfalls , and at the fork of the rivers is great for creeking in the summer .

Great hike for a family! Multiple waterfalls and easy to get to!

Saturday, June 24, 2017

The trail was easy and pleasant. We were caught in the middle of a rain storm during the hike, but still enjoyed it. Water does to pool pretty deep in several areas of the cleared trail, but we sort of stuck to the sides of the trail to keep from soaking our socks. Overall a great hike and lovely falls!

Sunday, June 18, 2017

First trail in Tennessee. It was pretty easy for me, but there are a few places that could cause concern on footing. Went after a rain, so some slippery places. water falls are beautiful, the ruins are in good shape and a lot of history.

Sunday, June 04, 2017

Great trails and very close to our home. Waterfalls are fun. Our male dog Tristan enjoyed his time during our visit in 2014

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Tuesday, May 02, 2017

Honestly, I can't quite put my finger on why I found this hike so "meh," I just did. The weather was gorgeous, the trails were fairly empty (I went on a Monday), and the waterfalls were lovely, but I just didn't love this hike. It wasn't very easy to get down to the water for a closer view of the falls, and once I got down there, the paths were very narrow and the rocks were very slippery. I had my dog on a leash, and I was terrified she was going to make me fall, but I also worried about her getting too close to the edge of some parts of the path that were narrow and on the edge of the cliff. Im not sure I'd feel comfortable taking children on this hike for those reasons alone. Overall, though, it was a pleasant afternoon and I'm glad I went. I'm just not going to put this one at the top of my list.

Monday, May 01, 2017

Great beginners spot. Lots to explore, well marked trails. Beautiful small falls. Would return for sure.

Friday, April 21, 2017

Amazing!

Monday, April 10, 2017

Nice trail to start hiking on. My wife and I do it often, just wish it were longer. Encountered a ferocious armadillo that couldn't get away fast enough.

Friday, April 07, 2017

My favorite because it's not a far drive for me & I love all the waterfalls. Very family friendly.

Monday, March 06, 2017

Easy loop filled with history and several river / waterfall views.

Thursday, February 09, 2017

Good trail with waterfalls, wildflowers, and lots of history.

Monday, February 06, 2017

Great hike. Plenty of nice views and follows the river most of the way. Lots of small waterfalls and interesting history.

Thursday, January 05, 2017

Great little hike! Posted up my Eno hammock and relaxed after my hike!