O & W Railroad Trail is a 4.7 mile out and back trail located near Oneida, Tennessee that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great trail. Not to difficult. A bit rocky in some parts, and one small steep incline, but not bad at all. The bridge was nice, and the rock features were awesome.

The hike was 2.2 miles but felt like forever! The beginning of the trial was alright but then it got boring. Also the end result wasn’t really worth the hike in the first place. My friends and I went on August 2nd and in result to that one of them got Rocky Mountain spotty fever,( which is deadly if not caught early). We all got ate up my several seed ticks. It’s not a terrible trail but I won’t be going back.

my family and I had a magnificent time. wonderful views at the bridge. take plenty of water it gets hot. I wouldn't call the trail easy either. would love to do it again sometime but I want to try some other trails in the area first.

Great trail! Make sure you pay attention to the trail signs. At some point the trail looks like it goes straight or up a set of rock stairs. Go up the rock stairs! However, you can get some great pictures going the other way, but the trail does not connect there. The railroad bridge at the end is totally worth it!

Nice easy trail while camping and geocaching at Bandy Creek last week.

scenic driving

We drove the old train bed to the bridge. Beautiful and in the boonies. Take your time driving because you will miss great views. Look left & right. Narrow train bed with holes here and there. Do not need 4 wheel drive.

Great day hike! Streams and rocks made it more adventurous but still friendly for all ages. Beautiful views and flowers would be beautiful in the spring.

Hiked to Devil's Den & completed Leatherwood Loop Tr on the way back. 8 mi. Majority is easy. Mod .6 mi section beyond the bridge to Devil's Den but this is the best section. Trail is well marked & maintained. Really nice waterfalls just before the bridge & .2 mi before Devil's Den. The O & W bridge is historical. Devil's Den a nice geo feature & camping site. An enjoyable afternoon.

Sunday, October 01, 2017

I disagree with the "easy" rating. Starts out nicely enough but many rocks and roots make it challenging. I am disappointed that I needed to turn back but safety first.

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

This was A good trail to hike little rocky was pretty easy . Would definetly do again

Monday, April 10, 2017

beautiful

Sunday, February 12, 2017

Probably one of the most beautiful hikes that my husband and I have done in Tennessee! Plan to go back and camp! Simply beautiful. Pretty easy hike!

Saturday, October 08, 2016

I love O&W in the Autumn, its beautiful. Also, if you want a challenging hike, do the Devil's Den. This hike is mostly up hill, take your time to enjoy the views, and for safety...but its well worth it. It's part of the John Mur Trail.

Monday, May 23, 2016

Love this trail. Great for the family. Amazing rock formations, beautiful river.

Thursday, September 27, 2012

My husband and I hiked the 2.3 miles to the O & W bridge and got married in April. The trail is up and down on the side of the ridge above the wild river. Beautiful section of the John Muir trail.

Friday, November 05, 2010

Did the trail in the fall, temp. was approx 69. Awesome trail, and scenery wanted to go further but time constraints would not allow. This trail offers a view of everything.

Sunday, May 09, 2010

Did a short walk. Started at the trailhead by the railroad crossing and followed the Big Southfork river. 2.3 mile trail Beautiful walk.

Tuesday, October 17, 2017