Northrup Falls Trail

Northrup Falls Trail is a 1.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Jamestown, Tennessee that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is a fabulous trail with a beautiful watetfall. We got there early on a Saturday morning and had it all to ourselves. Fairly Easy hike, although I would be very cautious with little ones! This is a must see fall and trail!! Allow plenty of time to explore the bluffs, caverns, and all the little nook and crannies!!

We were camping at Pickett State Park and we decided to hike this trail on October 20th. It is a great short hike with a nice waterfall. We liked it so much we hiked it again on the 21st. The dogs followed us for the first hike. Their owner lives in the house right before the trailhead. They were in good condition on the 20th. I will probably hike this trail again when I am in the area.

Beautiful waterfall and relaxing hike.

This trail is great for both beginner and well seasoned hikers. Nice wide paths, a real nice hike.

The trail and the waterfall was beautiful but someone dumped 3 dogs at the bottom....they were super skinny and mangy looking....I tried to get them to follow me back up the trail so I could take them to the humane society there but I couldn't get them to follow me....one was a younger yellow lab and the 2nd one I saw was a border collie a few years old...I never saw the 3rd one but other people had....when I called 931-879-5821 the managers of the park the girl Ally that answered the phone tried to tell me they were just racoon hunting dogs...I explained their condition and she ended up hanging up on me...broke my heart that she didn't care and she is a poor representation of this park....I will never go back, nor, will I suggest this beautiful place to anyone

good trail enjoyed very much

short hike with a beautiful waterfall at the end. We had the place to ourselves lots of salamanders and a water snake. the hike was shorter than we usually like but it was worth the drive. went with our 8 month old In a backpack

good trail to hike narrow and slipperry be up for rough areas be sure to wear good shoes

Sunday, May 21, 2017

Absolutely beautiful! Plan on returning g with our 2 boys!

Tuesday, May 02, 2017

One of our favorites. Just visited after the heavy rains and the waterfall was beautiful!

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Easy short trail with a beautiful waterfall

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

amazing, loved this beauty all around.

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

amazing... such a wonderful hike.

Saturday, March 18, 2017

Love this little hike. Only took about 1.5 hours.

Saturday, October 22, 2016

This was a fairly easy hike lots of fun. Took the grandkids and they loved it. We just went in mid October the fall was beautiful although not as much water as in some of the pic I saw but it wasn't dry and was worth the hike. Looking forward to going back.

Friday, October 14, 2016

Awesome short hike! Lots to look at

Monday, June 20, 2016

Amazing!

Thursday, June 02, 2016

Very quiet area! You felt like you were in a hidden place. Easy hike, great views. If you want a work out, this isn't the place. We stopped by another park on the trip home to hike around some more. watch for your white markers to get you down to the cave!

Monday, April 25, 2016

Gorgeous! Hidden gem.

Sunday, April 24, 2016

Loved it.

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Love this gem!

Wednesday, March 09, 2016

This trail is very beautifuy. I enjoy it everytime I go.

Wednesday, January 06, 2016

Excellent trail. We started a little late and wouldn't want to get caught in the gorge unprepared after dark. Trail blazes are a little confusing in places.

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

We will keep coming back! The trail is amazing and can be as short or long as you want, depending on how how much you want to climb and explore! The flora here is amazing and looks like something out of Sherwood Forest. This time, having gone in mid October, the bottom of the falls were accessible and that was not so much the case last December. Not handicap accessible but I do believe you would be ok with 4 yrs and up if you are willing to dedicate the patience and time.

Friday, September 27, 2013

A short moderate hike with an amazing waterfall. Get to see it from different parts.

recorded Track - Nov 10, 01:55 PM