Natchez Trace Parkway

Natchez Trace Parkway is a 0.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Duck River, Tennessee that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

wheelchair friendly

off road driving

scenic driving

The Natchez Trace Parkway is a 444-mile drive through exceptional scenery. Used by American Indians, "Kaintucks", settlers, and future presidents, the Old Trace played an important role in American history. Visitors can enjoy not only the drive but also hiking, biking, horseback riding, and camping.

READ THIS!!! This park is NOT Watkin's Park. I saw no signage for this. What I did see is a Duck River Overlook Trail and a Jackson Falls Trail.
1. Overlook Trail: .6 miles there and back heading north along a ridge over the Duck River and neighboring valley. Beautiful!
2. Jackson Falls: another .6 miles total there and back on a paved concrete path down to the falls ending in a short flight of stairs and the most beautiful falls you've ever seen!!! Soooooo pretty!!!

Great trail for a hike with the kids, also some good running as well.

Follow the river bed to the end.

I have visited 3-4 spots so far. While some trails were pretty, others lacked much scenery and the paved trails and railings really led to a disconnect from the nature around me. I also likely confused a trail with a road and took a good detour for a few miles. There were also more folks visiting each spot than the other locations I prefer to hike at. It's definitely worth going at least once, especially if you're looking for an easier surface to walk, bike, what have you. I'll likely return to visit the other stops at some point.

scenic driving

We did this a year or so ago. I think it deserves a month to play along the way, hike all the side trails and experience the history.

Stopped at a couple of the trails. They were enjoyable and a pretty good workout. Unless I'm missing something, you need to get in your car and drive down the Natchez trace to visit the other trails. I wish there was one, long, connected trail but at least the trails I've been to have been enjoyable.

Wednesday, June 08, 2016

great going back soon

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Wednesday, April 06, 2016

Beautiful waterfall. The main fall is fed by a beautiful trickling cascade hiding above the rocks to the back right
All parts of this waterfall is easily accessible. I would recommend this to everyone. The walkway down to the fall is easy and beautiful!

Thursday, March 31, 2016

Wonderful place...beautiful views...defiantly will be back

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

This was always one of my bucket list trips and I finally got to do it last year. Now I want to come back with time on my hands and play along the way. It is a wonderful drive and it deserves at least a few days.

Saturday, November 14, 2015

Saturday, October 24, 2015

Beautiful this time of year. There are historic sites every few miles where you can get out and hike. Ive added a couple photos of Jackson Falls

Sunday, August 30, 2015

So much history. Great trails and picnic areas

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Have been to Jackson Falls a few times and to Fall Hollow Falls. Both were very pretty.